• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Channing Tatum claims to be "Starting Over" with Gambit

Dalek

CHANNING TATUM 'Starting Over' With GAMBIT Film

Channing Tatum says that after three years working on a Gambit film with 20th Century Fox, that the production is "starting over". In an interview with HeyUGuys, the Magic Mike star said the original plans "blew" up but the success of Deadpool and Logan has given his film a new path.

“We lit a fuse on the first one and just blew it completely out of the water. I think we got lucky we got hit with some setbacks and it was all for a good reason," said Tatum. "We were trying to do something completely different. We were trying to do something that this genre of movie hasn’t seen before. We kept running into the same problems, and then Deadpool and Logan came through and kicked the doors down. Now we’re really getting to do some of the things we’ve always wanted to do with the script – we’ve just sort of started over.”

Tatum, who is co-producing the film with 20th Century Fox, is currently looking for a director - the third, following the departures of Rupert Wyatt and Doug Liman.

CV9p38NWIAIGM75.png

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I mean, Channing Tatum with a southern accent literally just flopped last weekend. If they keep the budget low, this should be fine. But if you're spending close to $200 million on Gambit, good fucking luck.

Slayven

I mean, Channing Tatum with a southern accent literally just flopped last weekend. If they keep the budget low, this should be fine. But if you're spending close to $200 million on Gambit, good fucking luck.

Unless they doing New Sun, no way a gambit movie should cost over 100 mill.

Busty

Banned
Remember when the Sony hack threw up an email where Tatum contacts Amy Pascal and tells her that they should make a Ghostbusters film like Batman Begins?

Good times, man. Good times.

Seriously, if you're chasing every trend that happens along then you clearly have A) no idea what it is you want or B) no particular passion for the project itself.

I doubt this ever sees the light of day.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Screw you guys! I can't wait for this movie.

Happy that they're re-doing the whole script and taking the movie in their intended direction.

dci260

Why is this still a thing...? Does anybody honestly care much about this character beyond thinking 'he's kewl'?

Maybe now we'll get the hard R movie that Gambit always deserved. With lots of F bombs and tits and gore. Cuz that's what people remember from the Saturday morning cartoon that made him famous.

The only reason I'd even want a Gambit movie, is for the chance that Rogue will be in a movie again. Hell maybe even throw in Ms. Marvel, Danvers version. I'd like to see their drama.

Top Bottom