• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Characters with the shittiest/ most tragic lives

RadioHeadAche said:
Except in Harry's case, he was just being a good father which I feel makes it even sadder.

Eh, he had
7 years raising Cheryl and, after his first "adventure," around 18 years raising "Heather." Apparently they were on the run a lot of the time, but all that family time has to count for something.

I was going to say "Alessa's life is arguably the most tragic in the series," but then I remembered Lisa. Silent Hill sure had a lot of screwed-up characters.

Condemned2_ethanthomas.jpg

I got depressed just by playing the 10 minute demo if this game! I mean look at this fucker! and the game is called....wait for it...CONDEMNED :lol

At least he still has his hair :/

Acosta

In Kotor 2, I asked some guys to stop harassing a bum, when they refused, I "convinced" them with the force that jumping from the sky city we were was an excellent idea. I would say that was pretty tragic, for them.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
The babysitters in Imagine: Party Babyz.

Ploid 3.0

Snuggler said:
Old Snake

he had a hard life

Daddy issues, bad genetics, nicotine addiction....he got microwaved. Shits rough.

No balls or something to that degree. Was it that he couldn't have a kid, or not have sex all together?

Gordon Freeman : Takes part in experiment that unleashes Xen, and draws the Combine to Earth, who take it over in a 7 hours war and herd the remaining humans like sheep.
Is also locked in some weird stasis for years, alone.

Metal B

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix.jpg

This is a real tragic story, especially for the fans of the series. We fight three games for the glory of this men. Helping him get revenge on the dead of his mentor, save his friends from the dead penal several times and even fight the evil spirits of his past. But in the end he lost his job and good reputation, because of one incident in the past. Many player really did find it fair, but that's the point of the tragic. We all now that he doesn't deserve it and he just tried to help his client as always. That's why we, as Apollo Justice, have to find out the true and save Phoenix.
A great emotional way to motivate the player.

dwebo

oHr33.jpg

Nico Bellic (GTAIV). His life sucked before the game, it sucked during the game, and
he couldn't even get a happy ending
! :'(

anaron

Alessa Gillespie.

tumblr_l5hllcLKya1qaenzz.jpg

Brutally bullied, set on fire by her own mother to be impregnated with 'god' and locked away to suffer through endless physical and mental torment for seven years.

Monocle

les papillons sexuels said:
Masterchief. I don't think i ever saw a toilet in any of the halo games.
Apparently he doesn't carry rations either. That's where ONI's patented A2M Nutracycle Waste Reconversion Facilitator comes in! Believe me when I say you don't want to see the instruction manual.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Drebin's bedtime stories in MGS 4 would lead me to believe the B&B's all had the most horrific lives ever.

Metal B said:
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix.jpg

This is a real tragic story, especially for the fans of the series. We fight three games for the glory of this men. Helping him get revenge on the dead of his mentor, save his friends from the dead penal several times and even fight the evil spirits of his past. But in the end he lost his job and good reputation, because of one incident in the past. Many player really did find it fair, but that's the point of the tragic. We all now that he doesn't deserve it and he just tried to help his client as always. That's why we, as Apollo Justice, have to find out the true and save Phoenix.
A great emotional way to motivate the player.

I'm still waiting for Apollo Justice 2...

fuck whoever in charge of Layton vs Phoenix. they could have made AJ2 instead and finish the damn story.

ScOULaris

Sn4ke_911 said:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/metalgear/images/a/a2/OtaconMGS4.jpg

Yeah, but he was so pathetic throughout the series that it was hard to ever feel bad for him.

Psycho Mantis had a pretty sad life, judging by the story of his childhood that he shares with Snake as he's dying.

Also, Heather from Silent Hill 3 had it pretty bad. Not only did she have to live through the hellish events of that game, but she came out of it all an orphan.

Callibretto said:
I'm still waiting for Apollo Justice 2...

fuck whoever in charge of Layton vs Phoenix. they could have made AJ2 instead and finish the damn story.
Except it is finished? If you buy into the whole allegory of the Japanese legal system, the institution of the Jurist system has been the end goal of the series from the start.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
203px-SO4I_Lymle.jpg

Why?
You were cursed to look like a 7 year old kid despite being 13-14 + the developers forced you to sound monotonic and retarded, kay.
2. You're hated and laughed at by the gaming community.

James deserved his shit life. Harry did not.

Describe something good about James. We feel sorry for him at the beginning because his wife died, but everything else we learn about him shows us that our initial sympathy is undeserved. His wife's illness exposes the kind of person he is long before she dies.

Harry was just a loving father who raised the same girl twice and got murdered for it. All he ever did wrong was drive a car near Silent Hill.

AAK

qpqdj6.jpg

Everything about her life sucked.... seriously. Anything she loved, she either had to kill or let it betray and kill her.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
AAK said:
qpqdj6.jpg

Everything about her life sucked.... seriously. Anything she loved, she either had to kill or let it betray and kill her.

Agree.

so sad :(

knowing someone you love is coming to kill you, and not telling him to not do it out of loyalty for your country, and not even having the luxury of taking your own life

:(

54-46!

rjAej.jpg

- Her unborn baby got taken from her in the middle of the battlefield.
- Forced to kill her lover for the good of the country.
- Forced to be killed by her student for the good of the country.

Edit: Well, I'm slow..

Probably the poor, ugly npcs in Oblivion. Forever stuck in a world where everyone has one of six voices and have the same repeating conversations about mudcrabs.

Shiggy

The Warpstone in Thorntail Hollow. First he loses his job as a Swapstone, then nobody brings him gifts anymore :(

35-29-GimmeGifts.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
iorixi.jpg

His blood is poisoned so he knows he is gonna die young but before that he has to kill Kyo Kusanagi due to some family tradition.

We love ya Iori <3

p63XXH820790-02.jpg

The first japanese sex symbol with tuberculosis. (He knows he is diying)

Boney

Banned
I guess Pious Augustus? Being corrupted must've sucked pretty bad.

Props on the Shadow mention, this is what this thread feels to me.

It'd be nice if some of you actually said names instead of just pictures(god damn do i hate when people do that.)

Anywho. Mine is Link. I mean he saves the World every game, but it doesn't fucking matter. He's just going to get reincarnated anyway and so is his mortal enemy.

The character you make on White Knight Chronicles.

-He/She is just a huge tag along with basically no story at all in the game. I know that he/she was supposed to be your online character but they could have at least added some generic voice or lines to it. Every time the other characters are interacting your character seems to always be in the background watching everyone else talk.

sadaiyappan

Niko Bellic. :D

I think what Rock* said is true. Life in the US is too comfortable now, all the real psychopaths are born in third world countries. :lol

Top Bottom