• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not both an ass-beating and a permanent jail sentence?

Because that's not how we do it in this country. We don't send vigilantes out into the streets to execute ass beatings before criminals' arrests are made. And, in my opinion, retaliatory violence is an extremely dangerous path to go down.

That car crash was absolutely intentional. Car at high speed with black tinted windows and a quick getaway. These fucking terrorist pieces of shit.

While my gut instinct is to, yeah, want to beat the living shit out of the violent white nationalist protesters, that's not the right thing to do. That's the kind of thing that Trump sanctions, and look where we're at today. The Civil War's over, and we don't violence to escalate violence. Let the fuckers face the American justice system.

That's funny, cuz they won't face the justice system.

Shredderi

That's straight up terrorism. I mean driving vehicles into masses of people is the preferred method terrorist use these days as we've seen. This is no different.

TS-08

DHDCv8UVwAAD4wp.jpg:large

This, by the way, is exactly what Trump's tweet was meant to do. Appeal to both sides by being vague.

Mr. X

While my gut instinct is to, yeah, want to beat the living shit out of the violent white nationalist protesters, that's not the right thing to do. That's the kind of thing that Trump sanctions, and look where we're at today. The Civil War's over, and we don't violence to escalate violence. Let the fuckers face the American justice system.
Tasteless joke post.

If you have full faith in the justice system right now, you are fooling yourself.

Because that's not how we do it in this country. We don't send vigilantes out into the streets to execute ass beatings before criminals' arrests are made. And, in my opinion, retaliatory violence is an extremely dangerous path to go down.

yeah in this country we just get racist cops to execute people in the streets

Nepenthe

Miss me with this. America is a country built on violence and bloodshed. The only reason it's become passe is because at this point it'd be white conservatives asses on the line and they're not about that life, even when they're talking about "refreshing the tree." This fucker deserves an ass-beating.

Here shaking with anger. I don't have the words to describe the anger I'm feeling now.

I don't understand how people see this shit and can continue living their lives like nothing is happening. Goddamn this country.

III-V

There should be a very large and focused effort on getting every single one of their faces on camera and maintained on a site so their employers and friends can deal with them.

A professional doxing.

I think it would be pretty effective form of accountability.

Public shaming typically is an effective method.

benjipwns

Banned
Care to explain why the person backed up and did it again?
is this a different video than Revolution Z? i see the car hit, then start to back away and then i get to explore his inner palm for thirty seconds

sorry for not calling down torrents of blood for something i couldn't see

Can't believe this benji guy is trying to frame it like an accident.
I'm not, I suggested an accident rather than an ACLU plot as an alternative theory and then when asked elaborated, but believe what you want.

Nepenthe

And where will that get us in the future?

Maybe it'll actually make a Nazi afraid again. Not like they care about our liberal platitudes of infinite tolerance and finger-wagging. FFS, people got ran over by a car.

Are we really having a 'Should you really punch a Nazi' "discussion" again?

I remember when people told us violence should only be in self-defense.

Dude potentially murders several protestors by running them over twice.

It's still off the table.

Fucking useless.

I have no words- unbelievable. That video is unbelievable. I pray for the injured- hey Trump how about you condemn this terrorism?.

I hope these scumbags are caught. Can't hide your car when its front end is totaled.

Order

You stay high.

It's shitty and people get hurt, but what good does us hurting them back do besides make us look just as weak and scared?

And where will that get us in the future?
It lets those fuckers know we're not tolerating their bullshit anymore

nelchaar

How can you sport the Nazi flag and claim to be patriotic? We literally had thousands of American soldiers die fighting Hitler and his scum.

is this a different video than Revolution Z? i see the car hit, then start to back away and then i get to explore his inner palm for thirty seconds

sorry for not calling down torrents of blood for something i couldn't see

I'm not, I suggested an accident rather than an ACLU plot and then when asked elaborated, but believe what you want.

Here is another video of the attack. The car speeds backward and flees.

Yeah uh, this was pretty fucking deliberate. Driver approaches the crowd and then speeds up, crashes, before getting out of there ASAP. No way that's just an accident.

This fucking country. Man...if I wasn't in a relationship I seriously would be moving my ass back to Canada or to somewhere in Europe. It's so fucking disgusting. How did we get like this? It's 2017 for Christ sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom