• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Odds if I cancel my TGC order SG will ship to me today?

Entirely depends how much stock Simply has for the pre-orders. They might be stuck processing them today.

I will say that when I called TGC to cancel mine this morning, I got straight through to person with no recorded messages or options and they cancelled instantly, so might be worth a punt to put an order in and cancel whichever one ships second.

Entirely depends how much stock Simply has for the pre-orders. They might be stuck processing them today.

I will say that when I called TGC to cancel mine this morning, I got straight through to person with no recorded messages or options and they cancelled instantly, so might be worth a punt to put an order in and cancel whichever one ships second.

Well I can cancel it online. Gah, it's frustrating. Haha, i've never played MGS so i'm excited! And also ready to die a lot.

Simplygames seems like a good bet at the moment.

Done. I couldn't help it and bought a ticket for the hype train the game.

Can't see me getting it early as I'd guess they're working through all the early pre-orders, but I don't mind. It'll give me the weekend to finish up Ground Zeroes.

Hixx

Well I can cancel it online. Gah, it's frustrating. Haha, i've never played MGS so i'm excited! And also ready to die a lot.

I pre-ordered a game off Simply once people were posting about them despatching that day, people were getting their emails etc. I ordered at 12pm and they didn't post it until the next day.

So if you're hoping to get it tomorrow it might be too late. But if they legit have it and aren't just processing early due to large amount of orders there's no harm in trying. Though their twitter said they hadn't received their stock yet as of 3 hours ago.

Gave a phone call to Simplygames about my Rakuten preorder of MGS5 through them.

They said it's gonna be shipped by the end of the day so I'm hyped for it.

NateDog

No email from Shopto yet for me. Just waiting for the steelbook myself since I'm getting the PS4 with MGSV but I could do with the copy to sell off sooner rather than later.

Ordered off Simply...phoned TGC and they said it'll be shipped tomorrow or maybe Friday so I bailed haha. Oh I hope Simply ship today.

Shipped, took them 18 minutes to ship it. Outrageous! Shipped on my account, awaiting the email now! Guys, HOP ON IT.

Edit 2: Rang and cancelled from TGC, Welsh women sound so hot. Welsh men sound so depressed, I actually felt for the guy haha.

Cob32

Ordered off Simply...phoned TGC and they said it'll be shipped tomorrow or maybe Friday so I bailed haha. Oh I hope Simply ship today.

Shipped, took them 18 minutes to ship it. Outrageous! Shipped on my account, awaiting the email now! Guys, HOP ON IT.

Edit 2: Rang and cancelled from TGC, Welsh women sound so hot. Welsh men sound so depressed, I actually felt for the guy haha.

Yep in a very similar situation as you now. Guess I know where I'm preordering fallout 4 from.

Lucifon

Okay my Tesco order of MGS has gone to 'Ready to dispatch'....what are the odds they'll despatch it today or tomorrow?

According to my SimplyGames order history I ordered it at 12:08 today as of now (just after 13:15) it's showing as "shipped".

Interesting... see what happens.

bitoriginal

Looks like Shopto is down due to a power outage. Potentially a bad day for that to happen! Won't be back online until 3pm according to their twitter.

I hope Sony didn't under manufacture. It seems like the sort of game that is going to develop a cult following.

For whatever reason I don't they had faith in the ip, that or they underestimated demand because the only place near me that has stock is Argos and as a fellow UK gamer I'm sure you're fully aware of just how high their prices can be.

Rakuten. Can't link there properly annoyingly, but pick GameSeek or Simply Games through them and use PAYDAY15 for 15% off.

goXfqOL.jpg

Ubersnug

Has anyone's order for MGSV from Simply Games, via Rakuten been dispatched yet. mine is still sitting at awaiting dispatch on the Rakuten order page.

Hasney

Anyone heard anything from TGC for mgs?

Also an update on thoughts on Welsh accents, which is nice. I didn't even place the accent of the dude who picked up this morning, was in too much of a tizzy with MGS shit.

Note to self

tumblr_inline_nbwjuiXxOU1reygjb.gif
To be fair, if you got the £41.75 one -15% (coming down to £35.48) you're probably still getting a better deal than you would at retail :)

I'm very tempted but with MGS so soon... I reckon by October if it's there hasn't been a decent deal I'll just nab it off the US store.

To be fair, if you got the £41.75 one -15% (coming down to £35.48) you're probably still getting a better deal than you would at retail :)

I'm very tempted but with MGS so soon... I reckon by October if it's there hasn't been a decent deal I'll just nab it off the US store.

It looks as if UK prices have spiked so £35 is indeed a decent price.

oldmario

don't game hold pre-orders for a couple days in their warehouse? looking at a couple pre-orders i've had with them because it was exclusive to them, for friday releases they've "shipped" on a tuesday and it arrived on a friday even with first class and i'm guessing they shipped the MGS CE today so it gets hit by the bank holiday delay and comes on tuesday

Footos22

They told me copies will be "slightly delayed" due to the bank holiday...

Don't think i've ever had anything early from Tesco. Pretty much simply games or game collection or not at all for preorders these days.

Game collection when possible as i can get decent reward points. Only trouble with them is sometime you dont get uk versions of games. You get European versions. Like with bloodborne the writing on back of the case was in greek or something. with english underneath.

Chanc3r

Neo Member
Are day one patches usually available to early players or are they held for launch day?

Not that I'm aware of any patches for MGS V. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom