• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITHE1982

For those that ordered MGSV from Simply Games - it should be here today. I ordered mine at 3pm yesterday and it's just now been delivered :D

Congrats dude.

Ordered mine at 3:30pm yesterday and it still says pending dispatch on the order. Bloody typical.

paid £5 extra postage as well so I could track it. Bet I missed out by minutes.

There's a double sided map in the box (surprising in 2015 :p) but I think it has a location spoiler on it... lol

[fake spoiler]at least the area is new to me :p[/spoiler]

Hasney

Heh, at least you'll get a 1/2 scale replica fist. They do look pretty badass :)

I was going to cancel it until the Pip Boy Fallout was announced.... Thought it would make an awesome holder for it.

There's a double sided map in the box (surprising in 2015 :p) but I think it has a location spoiler on it... lol

[fake spoiler]at least the area is new to me :p[/spoiler]

Yeah that was advertised for the Day One so it's pretty cool.

Afghanistan and Africa, or a new one?

Certinty

Waiting for the postman like a little boy at Xmas.

I loved MGS1, 2 and 3 but hated 4. Then last month I only got around to playing GZ and fell in love with the gameplay and out of nowhere almost I've been hyped as fuck for TPP.

I was going to cancel it until the Pip Boy Fallout was announced.... Thought it would make an awesome holder for it.
That's actually an awesome idea
Yeah that was advertised for the Day One so it's pretty cool.

Afghanistan and Africa, or a new one?
Africa... Maybe it's because I've been on blackout for a few months but before I went on blackout they'd only talked about Afghanistan.

Hasney

Waiting for the postman like a little boy at Xmas.

I loved MGS1, 2 and 3 but hated 4. Then last month I only got around to playing GZ and fell in love with the gameplay and out of nowhere almost I've been hyped as fuck for TPP.

Yeah, just been playing GZ again today. Forgot how smooth it is even compared to 60fps online videos. I'm off work today, can't believe I would have timed my holiday perfectly if my order wasn't screwed up.

Congrats dude.

Ordered mine at 3:30pm yesterday and it still says pending dispatch on the order. Bloody typical.

paid £5 extra postage as well so I could track it. Bet I missed out by minutes.

Oh man that sucks :( Yeah their cut off is 3:30pm for same day dispatch so you must have literally just missed it! At least you know it'll arrive tomorrow for sure!

Don't forget, guys, if you unseal a "day one" edition before day one, it will turn to dust in your hands
Damnit, forgot about the early game curse :/
;)

Got my simplygames copy.

Some random stuff for those wondering:

Single player DLC can be redeemed, MGO DLC cannot.
No day -5 patch available to download.
Seems to be a fully english copy. No other language anywhere.

Just got one call out need to do then hopefully nobody calls me all day because it has rained again and nobody can be bothered in this weather.

Springy

Anyone else buy the MGSV LE PS4 from GAME's site? Mine says it shipped yesterday; hoping feverishly it's here by the weekend, but I've never had a GAME order arrive before official release day.

Hasney

Anyone else buy the MGSV LE PS4 from GAME's site? Mine says it shipped yesterday; hoping feverishly it's here by the weekend, but I've never had a GAME order arrive before official release day.

We talking the console or the pack? If it's the console, it's soundling like they'll be couriered while the game pack is Royal Mail. Not seen anything about either yet.

Recharg3

Gutted went with TGC too :-(

They also confirmed they won't receive their Mad Max stock until friday so that will be a tight one for tuesday given then bank holiday....

Hasney

I'm guessing it's not, then, as I'm not seeing any tracking number.

Ugh, I can't imagine them sending a console by Royal Mail so it might just be Games horrible website... Or they might have done that thing when they say it's dispatched but it's actually not yet.

Addnan

GAME don't give a tracking number for consoles in the email or website last time I did it. It's when the parcel is with DPD they will send a text/email with tracking info.

Recharg3

For anyone that ordered with the game collection on their twitter they are confirming they are dispatching today....so most likely will arrive tomorrow just in case anyone is reconsidering ordering with simply games....

Hasney

GAME don't give a tracking number for consoles in the email or website last time I did it. It's when the parcel is with DPD they will send a text/email with tracking info.

Heh, there's even a space in the confirmation email and the website on all orders, tracked or not and they still don't bother. Classic Game.

Game ask the courier to hold off with CE 's at least that's what has happened to me the last two times, this was via dpd.

Probably how they get the exclusives, promise to play by the publishers rules. As the MGS CEs are below £100 (by a penny), they might not be comping via DPD as that's usually their cut off. Thankfully my Fallout is coming from Amazon France.

WITHE1982

Oh man that sucks :( Yeah their cut off is 3:30pm for same day dispatch so you must have literally just missed it! At least you know it'll arrive tomorrow for sure!
;)

Yeah just got an email to say it's went out this morning via express courier service so tomorrow am for sure.

So hyped for this. It's gonna just consume my every waking moment. I'm already re-watching every single MGSV video I can find online while I'm "working".

I've been on Chat with Shopto to see whats happening with their MGSV orders. They said that they aren't shipping them early due to Konami saying not to. I've expressed my disappointment, especially as every other retailer under the sun seems to be shipping their copies.

SuperSah

Banned
I wanted to upgrade my OG 3DS to a N3DS and saw Amazon had it for £129.

Nintendo UK has it, a charger, the full special edition Majora's Mask AND the Skull Kid figure for £195. Is that worth it?

I've been on Chat with Shopto to see whats happening with their MGSV orders. They said that they aren't shipping them early due to Konami saying not to. I've expressed my disappointment, especially as every other retailer under the sun seems to be shipping their copies.

Konami seem to be doing everything in their power to lend a negative light to a hugely positive title :\ Do they not understand how Bank Holidays work?

Are ThatGameCollection shipping? I know they usually do early.

dealer-

Even GAME shipped my copy yesterday. Doubt it will get here early though .

One can hope they are saying this simply to be legit, but then send them early anyway.

I bloody hope so. I really want to go all in over the holiday.

El_Cinefilo

Got the excitement of mine just arriving from simply games followed by the immediate disappointment of realising I'll barely have any time to touch it until Monday :-(

Hasney

Ordering it from Amazon may have been a mistake.

I've found them really terrible for release day stuff. Even during a trial of Prime, my Mario Kart 8 was 3 days after release. Only reason I went with their France site for Fallout 4 Pip Boy was because it's better than Game.

Yeah, sounds like anyone who got an official bonus is playing ball (and Tesco for some reason). The Simply & TGC copies have come from somewhere in Europe, so they're probably just not dealing with Konami as much.

glaurung

people gpt MGS already? I officially hate you

Jelly
Yea I am ready to start a club for people who get screwed over by their law-abiding retailers.

My LE MGSV console and CE game box are in a warehouse nearby. And I have no chance to get them before the 1st.

Saiyan-Rox

Yea I am ready to start a club for people who get screwed over by their law-abiding retailers.

My LE MGSV console and CE game box are in a warehouse nearby. And I have no chance to get them before the 1st.

GAME too then? yeah same here I got my dispatch email from GAME yesterday for it but it's still in their warehouse :/ they said they'd be shipped on Friday.

Calmine

Such a disappointment. I only ordered from them for the steelbook. Thanks for checking.

Ordered mine this morning and apparently it's already dispatched. Ordered with Shopto as well previously and can't cancel so I've got two copies coming lol.

Nice. Sod it I ordered as well from Simplygames even says play tomorrow, they don't give a fuck.

Volotaire

I wanted to upgrade my OG 3DS to a N3DS and saw Amazon had it for £129.

Nintendo UK has it, a charger, the full special edition Majora's Mask AND the Skull Kid figure for £195. Is that worth it?

Which one? The MM one is a N3DSXL. You won't be getting that edition any cheaper anywhere else (only eBay will you achieve about £20 off perhaps not even with the statue). If you want that particular edition, you're corned off.

If you want a N3DS model, Amazon France have the same bundles for cheaper. White N3DS is about £113 (£119 with shipping included). the Black one is a bit more at about £123. Again, eBay is much cheaper as there seems to be little demand for N3DS or information asymmetry on what it is (looking at the descriptions). Chargers are obtainable for about £7 so the black 3DS may not be worth it.

So I would suggest first you decide what model you want, if you want the special edition and then look to different retailers.

Hasney

people gpt MGS already? I officially hate you

Jelly

At least your CE is probably coming first class.... :'(

GAME too then? yeah same here I got my dispatch email from GAME yesterday for it but it's still in their warehouse :/ they said they'd be shipped on Friday.

Fricks sake, I asked the guy (who put my new order second class, the cock) if they were going out that day and he said yes.

Recharg3

At least my copy of Until Dawn and Gears of War have turned up today this will fill the disappointment gap until tomorrow (hopefully)

repeater

That "Day One Edition" stripe is such a hideous addition to an otherwise nicelooking cover. They couldn't use a removable fucking sticker or something?

That "Day One Edition" stripe is such a hideous addition to an otherwise nicelooking cover. They couldn't use a removable fucking sticker or something?

The fact that you'll still be able to buy the "Day One" edition in six month's time makes it even more pathetic.

It's the new "Collector's cheap shitty plastic tat Edition" for getting people to pre-order games, only without a publisher having to actually spend any more money.

Saiyan-Rox

At least your CE is probably coming first class.... :'(

Fricks sake, I asked the guy (who put my new order second class, the cock) if they were going out that day and he said yes.

it's at the 100 mark (slightly under) so it should be sent by tracked post the CE :S

Really? they told me Tomorrow in which case they'll be probably be sent to your local sorting office until Tuesday morning I'd assume as they do do this and GAME being GAME can't risk pissing of publishers.

Woffls

ShopTo order has been processed, but no despatch. I'm still hoping that they're sent out "just in time" (read: well early) but that their official line has to be they're not being sent early.

This had better be a reeeaal nice steelbook.

Hasney

Yeah, although we would have accepted it if it said "A Hideo Kojima Game Edition". Can't believe with all the awesome art they've generally commissioned that they went with that cover in general anyway.

Looks like they're clearing down PSTV stock with a custom bundle, so not exclusive, but they might be the only ones doing it right now. Considering I've seen PSTVs as low as £25 here now, I'm not sure how much of a deal it is.

ShopTo order has been processed, but no despatch. I'm still hoping that they're sent out "just in time" (read: well early) but that their official line has to be they're not being sent early.

This had better be a reeeaal nice steelbook.

It does look like a real nice steelbook, but even with how nice the CE is, I'm almost wishing I went with the standard edition from Simply just so I can be playing it now!

Calmine

Same here. I'll just send my copy from Shopto back when it arrives. Now watch us all get screwed over and neither arrive until Tuesday.

Yeah. Hopefully should arrive its bank holiday n all. Even it's Saturday that's fine as I'm away tomorrow. Plus I've got a friend would but my second copy off me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom