• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyan-Rox

Ordered Halo 5 from Tesco there for click and collect

Hopefully it goes through as it'll make an excellent Xmas pressy for a mate of mine.

lewisgone

Juts bought the Uncharted Collection for £18, had to take the £4 hit and it was still ridiculously worth it. No problems so far, so if I get to pick it up on Saturday this will be the best deal I've gotten in ages.

Intel_89

Transformers Devastation is £20/25€ this week on PSN, it's nearly on par with a couple of retail prices I've seen recently, still a decent deal.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's the PS4 version.

Tak3n

Banned
they are saying they are scanning at normal price on those games in Tesco, so be aware if you try to get a lot as you will get hit for the whole amount until you get the refund

they are saying they are scanning at normal price on those games in Tesco, so be aware if you try to get a lot as you will get hit for the whole amount until you get the refund

I'm just going to keep an eye on the HDUK comments and see what happens when people actually start trying to pick them up from 4pm

Tak3n

Banned
That should only apply for those getting it via click+collect, no?

Delivery is also a guide price, you are charged on the day, so if you ordered 10 and in store price is £40, you will get charged £400, you tell the driver you are not accepting them, he refunds them, but you are still down £400 for a few days

That should only apply for those getting it via click+collect, no?

Yes, if you order and pay online and pay for delivery, once you complete the payment that forms a contract and they've got to honour the price.

Seems like I'm wrong and Tesco Groceries only charge on day of dispatch. Direct charges immediately, hence my confusion.

but I've already paid by card?

Then legally they cannot turn around and charge you more now. Not sure whether they're still able to cancel the whole order though.

Tak3n

Banned
"Due to a temporary technical difficulty, the unit prices shown may be incorrect in some cases. We are working hard to correct this but, until then, please disregard the unit price shown. The selling prices are correct. If you have any queries please contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 323 4040, Monday to Saturday 7am to 11pm and Sunday 10am to 6pm.

When your order is delivered you may return any item and receive a full refund if you consider that the difference between the price charged and the guide price shown on the Grocery website is unacceptable."

so that means you have to ask for a refund... Tesco are sods, they should just cancel the orders

nib95

Banned
Just ordered BLOPS3, Halo 5 and Uncharted Collection. Already have two of them, but if these prices are correct, I figure I'll give the new copies away as Crimbo presents.

Tak3n

Banned
Exactly, how can they charge you more if you've already paid. The only thing they could do is prevent you from collecting or delivering if they don't want to sell at that price.

because they dont take payment there and then, you authorise a payment and when they pick your order that is when you get charge....it is very clear you are paying a guide price..the amount you see on your screen is just a guide amount, simply as that, when you order you are agreeing that the amount can change

Tesco have allready said the price is wrong and you will have to get a refund when your order arrives

Tesco groceries charge you at dispatch or morning of dispatch, it's a risk ordering a game through that branch TBH.

The fact that there's videogames in the food section of tesco is rather silly.

Tak3n

Banned
tesco groceries charge you at dispatch or morning of dispatch, it's a risk ordering a game through that branch TBH.

Exactly, people get confused that the price they see on their screen is what they are authorising, when it is not, you are merely authorising a charge against your card, as I said your card is charged when they have picked your order

CackleAndHide

Neo Member
Lol. Fingers crossed then.

Is there an app or website that people use to track deals? People seem to find them really quick but I'm usually too bloody late.

Just another point to add to the others. If you get the hotukdeals app on your phone you can set it so you get a notification of a new deal. I've got one set up that gives me a notification if a deal with 'PS4' in the title pops up.

It means you can get the deals within minutes of it going up rather than checking in on the site now and again.

un1que

Just another point to add to the others. If you get the hotukdeals app on your phone you can set it so you get a notification of a new deal. I've got one set up that gives me a notification if a deal with 'PS4' in the title pops up.

It means you can get the deals within minutes of it going up rather than checking in on the site now and again.

Awesome. Thanks everyone.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Arse on the tesco halo. Booked click and collect for tomorrow morning so I'll have to go and refuse delivery if the price has gone up, then wait for a refund. Also I used my wife's credit card as she has the tesco account. Will I also lose the £4 delivery charge?

dealer-

Arse on the tesco halo. Booked click and collect for tomorrow morning so I'll have to go and refuse delivery if the price has gone up, then wait for a refund. Also I used my wife's credit card as she has the tesco account. Will I also lose the £4 delivery charge?

You can still cancel the order.

There's a pretty large Tesco store about 5-10 minutes away from work. I might drive there at lunchtime and see what their prices look like. Need a couple of other bits anyway.

Tak3n

Banned
GUpK975.png

I love it when people ask if a stupid price will be honored like they are going to say yes, lol :p

Anyway... at tesco entertainment WRC 5 is already down to £21, bomba.

Intel_89

PortuGAF, Mediamarkt Black Friday sale. From the 26th till the 30th, buy 3 games get one free (the cheapest of the three), only applies to PS4 games.

CackleAndHide

Neo Member
For those on the fence with Until Dawn, I enjoyed it. If you hate telltale/heavy rain type games it's probably not for you but otherwise it's a fun game with a silly (in a good way) story.

It's probably not worth it at full price but £20 is about right. I got it on the recent sale for a bit more than that and don't feel ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom