• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

-data-

Anyone seen any good Dark Souls 3 prices for PS4? Seen the GOTY version going for close to £20 awhile back but all the deals have expired.

hrab

Also NieR:Automata for 32.99€. Can be even cheaper if this is your first order and you will use 10% discount code
WELCOME

In the end I have to discourage anybody from zavvi.com because they have some weird shit going on.

tldr:
Zavvi stealthily deleted my account to not execute my order without giving me any explanation

During ongoing sale I've oredered three games: Nier:Automata, Yakuza 0 and Kingdom Hearts. That was my first purchase ever on their site, so I also used the discount code I've mentioned.

On the second day after placing my order, I went to their site to check the status only to discover that I cannot login to my account anymore. When trying to restart the password I get an e-mail saying that there is no account associated with that e-mail, even if I have a lot messages that I've gotten after placing an order a day before - "Welcome to zavvi.com" included.

Of course there was no way to contact them without login to the account, so I've created a new one telling them the details. After a couple of days the only response I got was:

Hello ,

Thank you for placing your order with us.
I am sorry to let you know that we are currently unable to ship your order to you as the information provided has not met with our security requirements.
I am sorry for any inconvenience caused at this time.
If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

So basically no answers for my questions an no any useful information of what the hell has happened. Just silently deleting the account justifying it with very vague response that is almost entirely googlable. Way to go zavvi, way to go...

Hope to find another Nier deal in trustworthy place ;/ Sorry for pouring out my complains here, I was just so happy with those deals, and now I'm felling a little bit cheated.

TheMoon

To think 9-8 years ago, when I started buying games online from all across Europe, they were my go-to destination. Now they don't even ship here anymore and randomly deleted accounts. oO

NateDog

Zavvi have always been sketchy but yeah that's just bizarre. In the end it's another reason not to ever give them any business though.

In the end I have to discourage anybody from zavvi.com because they have some weird shit going on.

tldr:
Zavvi stealthily deleted my account to not execute my order without giving me any explanation

During ongoing sale I've oredered three games: Nier:Automata, Yakuza 0 and Kingdom Hearts. That was my first purchase ever on their site, so I also used the discount code I've mentioned.

On the second day after placing my order, I went to their site to check the status only to discover that I cannot login to my account anymore. When trying to restart the password I get an e-mail saying that there is no account associated with that e-mail, even if I have a lot messages that I've gotten after placing an order a day before - "Welcome to zavvi.com" included.

Of course there was no way to contact them without login to the account, so I've created a new one telling them the details. After a couple of days the only response I got was:

So basically no answers for my questions an no any useful information of what the hell has happened. Just silently deleting the account justifying it with very vague response that is almost entirely googlable. Way to go zavvi, way to go...

Hope to find another Nier deal in trustworthy place ;/ Sorry for pouring out my complains here, I was just so happy with those deals, and now I'm felling a little bit cheated.

They did that to me quite recently.

popo

I remember when the Zavvi brand had big media megastores here in Ireland. My how times have changed.

It was a management buyout of Virgin that lasted less than 2 years before they went under. The Hut group has owned the name since 2010 and the The Hut has always been a bit dodgy.

It was a management buyout of Virgin that lasted less than 2 years before they went under. The Hut group has owned the name since 2010 and the The Hut has always been a bit dodgy.

Couldn't agree more about The Hut Group, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole, absolute shisters.

of course it does, it's the main 3D sonic, those always get physicals.

now sanic mania, the one people actually are interested in ....sigh

what? sonic forces is in 3D? oh man.. you ruined my day.. well, it's my bad because I didn't look up anything about it, good lord I didn't order it or anything.

TheMoon

what? sonic forces is in 3D? oh man.. you ruined my day.. well, it's my bad because I didn't look up anything about it, good lord I didn't order it or anything.

Sonic Mania is the one you're probably thinking of (the 2D pixel art Sonic). Forces is Sega's Generations-2.

Is Bulletstorm any good? Never played the original but might bite at that price

Yes. Only problem might be that its bizzarro humor doesn't land with you.

Hm... When did Zavvi start charging for delivery to Norway?

qK0Yocm.jpg

Phinor

Hm... When did Zavvi start charging for delivery to Norway?

qK0Yocm.jpg

Don't know about Norway but Finland was changed from free to charging a month, maybe two ago. Around a year ago it was free delivery for everything, then they introduced a minimum spending limit for free delivery which was around £10. Then some packages were no longer eligible for free delivery and now everything has a delivery cost. They've done similar things in the past only to go back to free delivery but I have feeling this time the change is permanent which also makes them almost never the cheapest option.

Don't know about Norway but Finland was changed from free to charging a month, maybe two ago. Around a year ago it was free delivery for everything, then they introduced a minimum spending limit for free delivery which was around £10. Then some packages were no longer eligible for free delivery and now everything has a delivery cost. They've done similar things in the past only to go back to free delivery but I have feeling this time the change is permanent which also makes them almost never the cheapest option.

Ah. Last thing I ordered was in um... March :p

Is 200 Euros a good price for an One S? Is it possible to drop further once the X hits?

Debating buying one pretty soon for Horizon 3 but if I can go lower than 200 I might just wait.

oti

Banned
Is 200 Euros a good price for an One S? Is it possible to drop further once the X hits?

Debating buying one pretty soon for Horizon 3 but if I can go lower than 200 I might just wait.

We're pretty close to the holiday season. Retailers will cut the prices to new lows just to sell a few machines. I'd say wait.

I got my Xbox S with a second controller and FIFA for 220 Euros last holiday season. It should hit 150 Euros this holiday season.

illusionary

Thegamecollection is running a summer kinda sale. Didnt see any too noteworthy things.

A few that caught my eye:

Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades GotY Edition (Xbox One) - £24.95 - http://www.thegamecollection.net/dark-souls-iii-the-fire-fades-game-of-the-year-edition-xbox-one/
Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One) - £14.95 - http://www.thegamecollection.net/halo-wars-2-xbox-one/
Bioshock: The Collection (PS4) - £19.95 - http://www.thegamecollection.net/bioshock-the-collection-ps4/
World of Final Fantasy (PS4) - £14.95 - http://www.thegamecollection.net/world-of-final-fantasy-ps4/
Ever Oasis (3DS) - £24.95 - http://www.thegamecollection.net/ever-oasis-3ds/
Disgaea 5 Complete (Switch) - £36.95 - http://www.thegamecollection.net/disgaea-5-complete-switch/

AerialAir

Banned
TugaGAF, Worten has Yakuza 0 for 29,99 physical, probably as much as importing but available locally and without the need of bank currency exchange, which is nice.

Top Bottom