• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Hasney

It just ocurred to me, why can't we use paypal on amazon purchases??

this sucks, I wanted to buy from amazon.co.uk but being based in germany, there's no wire transfer, no paypal, noththing but credit card option, which I am definitely not using, since I lose exchanging currency.

I know, there's the coupon cards but I am at home on the 24th december. it's just annoying.

You can specify what currency your card is in if that helps to use your currency exchange or Amazons.

sphinx

the piano man
You can specify what currency your card is in if that helps to use your currency exchange or Amazons.

yeah I know.

my only CC is in fucking mexican pesos..... it's ridicously weak compared to everything: dls, pounds and euro, so every time I consider using it, what is supposed to be a bargain/hot deal, just turns into a "meh" offer just by virtue of having a terrible exchange rate.

DagsJT

Bit of a random one but can anyone recommend a laptop around £300 or so? Will be used to play indie games and older Steam games.

Retsudo

I'm not sure if this is the issue but it only works on the full site for me (does not work in apps)

Yeah thats where i was trying, seems to be something else going awry. thanks will try again and see whats up this thingamabob of a website.

The £2 off is only applied for preorders and up till 14 days after the game has released, which ended unfortunately at midnight.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/A38WZ0TJOZ/

Ah fuck me, i tried at like 2am lol. Thanks! Now i know in the future for other games! cheers

It just ocurred to me, why can't we use paypal on amazon purchases??

this sucks, I wanted to buy from amazon.co.uk but being based in germany, there's no wire transfer, no paypal, nothing but credit card option, which I am definitely not using, since I lose exchanging currency.

I know, there's the coupon cards but I am at home on the 24th december. it's just annoying.
PayPal takes transaction fees, and amazon is big enough that they don't need to offer it as an option

PayPal is also a direct competitor to amazon payments

thechemist

Yeah thats where i was trying, seems to be something else going awry. thanks will try again and see whats up this thingamabob of a website.

Ah fuck me, i tried at like 2am lol. Thanks! Now i know in the future for other games! cheers

At least now you can get it today via the prime now app! Try the FIVENOW code, but it works for first time orders only.

sphinx

the piano man
PayPal takes transaction fees, and amazon is big enough that they don't need to offer it as an option

PayPal is also a direct competitor to amazon payments

do you per chance know if I can buy amazon gift cards in euros here in Germany and use them in the uk amazon site? I've never tried.

Cronen

Grabbed TLG at £24.99. Can't go wrong with that. Says that it will be in stock on the 27th December, but I'm guessing that's just to say they won't be posting anything out until then due to Christmas and the bank holidays.

GUN-NAC

Where in retail was TLG more than £50?

That said, £25 is crazy cheap...

Shopto bumped its pre-order Launch Edition price up to £50 from £40 shortly after the reviews hit. On the website, then their ebay listing a bit later.

30 day returns and free Paypal xmas return shipping means my unopened copy will be going back.

MrT-Tar

Just got the SEGA Classics Collection for 3DS for £16.99, which is less than I was very close to buying them for on the Argos website a few weeks ago. Thanks for the heads up!

I Hope It is ok to post this here:

I'm visiting London next week. (First timer)

Can you guys recommend some nice stores/markets with new and used games? I love me some digging, and for what I see in this thread, I might find some stuff cheaper than in Spain.

Hi all,

Saturn Germany are doing a promotion on some Square Enix titles (Rise of the TR, FFXV, Deux Ex etc.).
6ginLJ5.jpg

Ugly USK logo still be ugly though.

hohoXD123

I Hope It is ok to post this here:

I'm visiting London next week. (First timer)

Can you guys recommend some nice stores/markets with new and used games? I love me some digging, and for what I see in this thread, I might find some stuff cheaper than in Spain.

Physical game stores with good deals are pretty much dead in the UK, most of the best deals are found online, hotukdeals is usually a good source to find them. Game is mostly miss but sometimes has good deals, a steam link there for example is only £16 at the moment. CEX is basically filled with used games though again the prices are hit and miss (to a lesser extent than Game). The big supermarkets like Tesco and Sainsburys occasionally have good deals in their games section.

sphinx

the piano man
one question,

I have been looking for a good deal for the PS4 version of Odin Sphere: leifdraisir but it won't budge, it's firmly in the 49~59 euro price zone, which sucks.

has it ever been a deal anywhere in in Europe for this game? I'd like to pay no more than 29.99 for it.

I know it's Atlus and paying premium is expected but the Vita version is priced significantly lower, not fair :(

NewDust

So do you get charged 25 and get an extra 5, or only pay 20 and the other 5 is paid?

From the coupon link

Save 5 euros if you are now charging your PlayStation credit by at least 25 euros. The 5 Euro will be deducted automatically when you pay with PayPal

So your playstation receipt will say €25, your PP receipt will say €20. Or at least thats how I believe it works.

Physical game stores with good deals are pretty much dead in the UK, most of the best deals are found online, hotukdeals is usually a good source to find them. Game is mostly miss but sometimes has good deals, a steam link there for example is only £16 at the moment. CEX is basically filled with used games though again the prices are hit and miss (to a lesser extent than Game). The big supermarkets like Tesco and Sainsburys occasionally have good deals in their games section.

Thanks for your answer. Might get a link if they still have them in a couple days!

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
From the coupon link

So your playstation receipt will say €25, your PP receipt will say €20. Or at least thats how I believe it works.
Yes. Although the PSN store would only let me add £30 to my wallet, but PayPal only charged me £25.

Last time it was on you could do it multiple times, I haven't tried a second time yet.

Just wanted to say psychonauts for PS4 (ok it's a pretty basic port) is on sale at the moment for about £3, great game if you haven't experienced it yet.

I'm trying my payment on PSN webstore but keep getting errors, my transaction history lists these as 'missed charges'. My bank and cards are fine and so is paypal.

Anyone got a fix for this? I emailed Sony but it Xmas so god knows if they fix anything before the sales and £5 free offer ends.

RiggyRob

one question,

I have been looking for a good deal for the PS4 version of Odin Sphere: leifdraisir but it won't budge, it's firmly in the 49~59 euro price zone, which sucks.

has it ever been a deal anywhere in in Europe for this game? I'd like to pay no more than 29.99 for it.

I know it's Atlus and paying premium is expected but the Vita version is priced significantly lower, not fair :(

It was on sale on PSN a while back for £20, I don't think there'll be a better price than that until it's on clearance, and even then it's pretty niche so it could retain its value.

EmiPrime

There are good deals to be had on second hand last gen games at CEX and various independents but other than that yeah, it's a wasteland. We've got no retro scene to speak of either.

DagsJT

Anywhere selling Overwatch PS4 for cheaper than £27.85? Amazon have it for £25 but only for Prime members unfortunately.

Still works. I received 2 sims today with the £10 offer still on. They've just changed the type of sim you have to order - it's international pay & go now instead of the big talker bundle. See the top comments on that HUKD post for updated instructions.

Now's the perfect time to order sims as well. The current 02 rewards period ends on 31/12. You top up £10, wait till after the 31st then claim your 10% 02 rewards bonus which puts you on £20.50 (with the bonus £10 offer) so you can still send the text then while crediting the full £20 to your PSN account

Just saw this now, unsure how I missed it! Thanks a lot - ordered a couple myself. Wish I'd known about the change in time for that indie sale on PSN, but this'll be great never the less!

I'm not sure if Nintendo have managed to vastly underestimate 3DS sales this quarter as a whole, or if it's a long term strategy to wind down 3ds stocks by retailers to a smaller base level in view of the Switch launch (and thus found themselves short footed in the wake of Sun/Moon), but New XL models are proving hard to find.

There's nothing under the £175 mark either.

I'm not sure if Nintendo have managed to vastly underestimate 3DS sales this quarter as a whole, or if it's a long term strategy to wind down 3ds stocks by retailers to a smaller base level in view of the Switch launch (and thus found themselves short footed in the wake of Sun/Moon), but New XL models are proving hard to find.

There's nothing under the £175 mark either.

It's been discussed elsewhere. They didn't ramp up production enough to match the demand, whatever the reasons why. You can find second hand units from CEX under £175, though there's the obvious quality gamble there. Otherwise, you'd have to look at cash converters and other, local stores in the hopes of finding something at the moment.

Benedict

Where can I find good and reasonably priced external 2.5 HDDs that ship to Sweden?
Amazon.co.uk seems impossible since the best offers are Prime exclusive.
Also interested in internal SSD or HDD for a Lenovo 700-15.

Where can I find good and reasonably priced external 2.5 HDDs that ship to Sweden?
Amazon.co.uk seems impossible since the best offers are Prime exclusive.
Also interested in internal SSD or HDD for a Lenovo 700-15.
Alzashop is also good.
Bought 2TB SSHD for my PS4 there couple of weeks ago.

Top Bottom