• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

kiri

Morning! I got directed here by gingerbeardman! Does anyone know of anywhere selling amiibo for sub £10?

Also, anyone got any places in mind for getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe cheaper than Amazon UK (£42)?

BraXzy

Morning! I got directed here by gingerbeardman! Does anyone know of anywhere selling amiibo for sub £10?

Also, anyone got any places in mind for getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe cheaper than Amazon UK (£42)?

I've seen amiibo discounted in Asda but YMMV. Other than that, they're £10.99 pretty much everywhere atm.

As for MK8 Deluxe, I'd wait for the end of the month when the new wave of Switch stock comes. There might also be additional unit allocation given to retailers to drop the price back to RRP for MK8.

kiri

I've seen amiibo discounted in Asda but YMMV. Other than that, they're £10.99 pretty much everywhere atm.

As for MK8 Deluxe, I'd wait for the end of the month when the new wave of Switch stock comes. There might also be additional unit allocation given to retailers to drop the price back to RRP for MK8.

What is the RRP for MK8D? Can't be much lower than £42?

StuffRuff

Xbox Live reductions for some at the moment for £26.50. Either directly from your console or from the Xbox website. Click Xbox Live from main tab, then Join Xbox Live and if you're eligible it should be discounted to £26.50. You should also be able to stack it which is what I've just done for two years worth.

Do you mean any in particular or a retail that consistently sells for under £10?

Amazon is largely algorithm based but some amiibo have rather volatile prices (newer smash bros, animal crossing, some super Mario). Just look up the price history on camelcamelcamel. Of course the £20 free delivery is a bit of a pain if you're not a prime.

Shiggy

Don't really want it, but ordered just in case. Wish it had a steelbook included.

will this have the english?
if it will, i'll order it...
anyone can confirm?

There's just a single edition for Europe. It will have all languages, even on the boxart.
At the same time, the game box itself won't have any age ratings on the front, unlike the regular edition.

kiri

Sorry I'm misremembering the price because I ordered it with the BIGTHANKS code awhile back. £42 is the lowest at the minute then for sure, it started at £44.99.

No worries - I'm on Prime so with the pre-order discount, I get it for £40 and I'm trading in Horizon today for £29 so I barely pay anything!

So a strange thing happened today, allow me to put my tinfoil hat on for just a second.

Yesterday I read about Argos having Halo Wars 2 for £25. So I go to check stock and not one Argos in all of Northern Ireland had a copy. So I reserved it and it said it would be 5 days.

I went up today to buy Mass Effect and while I was waiting I checked up the price of Halo Wars 2 to show my friend, Argos had it back up at £42. So I ask a member of staff and they said that was strange to have a discount for such a short period of time but they will honour my reservation price when it comes in stock again.

I just happened to check the stock levels and every store in N. Ireland had copies, many copies, ready to pick up. I asked could I pick up my reservation but was told it's not in stock, showed them that it is when you check the £42 version.

They got the manger down who apologies and said don't worry about it and sold me it for £25. Which was a great result. Super nice staff couldn't understand what was going on.

I just got the vibe Argos were pulling a GAME like stunt, (where they advertise new games as cheap when they are out of stock, So you just you buy the preowned copy (which is usually more expensive) instead.) and running the promotion to get people interested, knowing they have no stock then bumping the price up when they do.

Anyone else noticed this with Argos before? And anyone get this deal with no issues yesterday?

/tinfoil removed :)

Hasney

So a strange thing happened today, allow me to put my tinfoil hat on for just a second.

Yesterday I read about Argos having Halo Wars 2 for £25. So I go to check stock and not one Argos in all of Northern Ireland had a copy. So I reserved it and it said it would be 5 days.

I went up today to buy Mass Effect and while I was waiting I checked up the price of Halo Wars 2 to show my friend, Argos had it back up at £42. So I ask a member of staff and they said that was strange to have a discount for such a short period of time but they will honour my reservation price when it comes in stock again.

I just happened to check the stock levels and every store in N. Ireland had copies, many copies, ready to pick up. I asked could I pick up my reservation but was told it's not in stock, showed them that it is when you check the £42 version.

They got the manger down who apologies and said don't worry about it and sold me it for £25. Which was a great result. Super nice staff couldn't understand what was going on.

I just got the vibe Argos were pulling a GAME like stunt, (where they advertise new games as cheap when they are out of stock, So you just you buy the preowned copy (which is usually more expensive) instead.) and running the promotion to get people interested, knowing they have no stock then bumping the price up when they do.

Anyone else noticed this with Argos before? And anyone get this deal with no issues yesterday?

/tinfoil removed :)

Honestly, Argos just cock things up now and again. Like the mis-price on COD:IW Legacy before release.

Podge293

Smyths. Bunch of them for significantly less than 10 pound. Can see some for £2 pound on their website.

popo

Did GameSeek ever sell any more of those switches for 199? I remember ppl being excited that they said they would but never heard if they actually did.

Likely they had a set amount of release day stock and got the go ahead from the publisher to sell at a lower price (they would receive credit to make up the difference).

Then they order a batch of new stock but because it isn't a new game any more they get much better terms - maybe even sale or return on that batch. For accounting purposes the different batches likely get separate stock numbers.

AerialAir

Banned
I've the possibility to buy Odin Sphere for the PS4 at 35€, but I can wait, will this game ever get cheaper or do you guys think that it's one of those that get more expensive as time passes?

I've the possibility to buy Odin Sphere for the PS4 at 35€, but I can wait, will this game ever get cheaper or do you guys think that it's one of those that get more expensive as time passes?

Don't think you'll find the physical version for much cheaper, NISA games rarely drop hard. Digital will probably go lower with time

AerialAir

Banned
Don't think you'll find the physical version for much cheaper, NISA games rarely drop hard. Digital will probably go lower with time

Thanks a lot, going to get it along Disgaea 5. One more question though. I'm buying from amazon and selected odin sphere+disgaea to come in the same package to avoid extra shipping costs, but its the last copy of odin they have and disgaea is in backorder, and i'll have to wait for it to be available for both to be shipped, does amazon secure that one copy of odin and same price?

Thanks a lot, going to get it along Disgaea 5. One more question though. I'm buying from amazon and selected odin sphere+disgaea to come in the same package to avoid extra shipping costs, but its the last copy of odin they have and disgaea is in backorder, and i'll have to wait for it to be available for both to be shipped, does amazon secure that one copy of odin and same price?

I ask myself the same thing every time I'm in a situation like this, and I actually never really got a clear answer. It's a dumb situation :p I'd order individually unless it's super expensive

Done that a couple of times and Amazon (Germany) almost always sent out the game they have in stock first and the other one later. It's not a guarantee, but it can happen.

Done that a couple of times and Amazon (Germany) almost always sent out the game they have in stock first and the other one later. It's not a guarantee, but it can happen.

Oh you're right, this happened to me last time too. One game was not in stock and even though I selected ship together they came separately without extra cost

Zatoth

I thought Euro cards were Euros cards?

Afaik not. If you buy a German card in Euros, you can only use them in the German store with a German account.

With the PS3 it was no problem to use accounts from different countries and still play the games you bought with your main account. Don't know if that still works with the PS4.

AerialAir

Banned
Oh you're right, this happened to me last time too. One game was not in stock and even though I selected ship together they came separately without extra cost

I can confirm they'll be shipped separately, since Odin Sphere is already on shipping, though, they only took 2,50€ for shipping of the supposed 5€, a great move for them if they take the rest only on the next shipment. I dunno what's happened to the other Amazon, my last 10 game purchases from Amazon have been from IT, and I'm from Portugal, but they always seem to have the best prices, wish DE and ES would match.

Edit: Also, it was the day-one edition of disgaea, which comes in a special box with a soundtrack and art book, great buy for 30€

Eolz

7th Dragon III Code VFD is in stock on shoptu for £30 and SMTIV Apocalypse is on back-order but expecting stock, i guess deep silver did a small reprint of these games?

Thanks for this, been looking for a reasonably priced SMT Apocalypse for a while now. Just put a backorder in earlier this morning and it's now changed to a real order and has been shipped. They're also showing more stock for £29.86

SMTIVA is indeed in stock now! Thanks! 30£ is a fantastic deal

Top Bottom