• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-Fil-A: No hard Feelings, But We Hate Gays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

No6

BakedPigeon said:
If your hungry and enjoy chicken, then eat there if you want to. If you want to make a point to not eat there because they do not support gay couples, then don't eat there. They are a restaurant, not a movement of some kind. I don't understand why people are comparing them in the same category. We don't need to group food with gay rights.
Maybe you should tell that to the president of chick-fil-a, seeing as how he has decided to group food with homophobia by giving profits from selling food to political groups that promote homophobia.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
chickensandwich1.jpg

You know you want it.

BakedPigeon said:
If your hungry and enjoy chicken, then eat there if you want to. If you want to make a point to not eat there because they do not support gay couples, then don't eat there. They are a restaurant, not a movement of some kind. I don't understand why people are comparing them in the same category. We don't need to group food with gay rights.
Yes, that's true--until that business becomes politically active and starts giving money to causes that you don't support.

It's as though there is an Obama's Taco Shop and you're a staunch republican. Would you eat at that place if you knew that the profits were going to line his campaign's coffers?

You'd probably at least think about it. And I'd hope that most rational voting-age people would think enough to say, "Sure they make a good burrito, but eating there directly contradicts how I'd like this country to be run, so maybe I'll just support another business instead."

It's the cost that a business should have to pay once they start fulfilling more than their original service. It's sad that so many people don't recognize that.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
chubigans said:
http://www.vertigogaming.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/chickensandwich1.jpg

You know you want it.

Actually I don't.

Pickles are gross.

ZealousD

FreezeSSC said:
Man idk, there customer service is soo top notch too it would be hard to give them up.

The last time I went to a Chik-Fil-A, their customer service scared me.

The chick at the drive in was too happy. Too cheerful. It was all so very fake.

No6 said:
Maybe you should tell that to the president of chick-fil-a, seeing as how he has decided to group food with homophobia by giving profits from selling food to political groups that promote homophobia.

Tons of corporations and companies donate money to lots of things that many people around the world probably do not condone or approve of. Thats corporate America/World for ya.

Burger

GoldenEye 007 said:
Looking at it, that is basically what the Chick-Fil-A CEO said. These other statements came from the CEO of WinShape, a charity supported in part by Chick-Fil-A.

Well apart from boycotting there probably isn't much you can do about it.

I'm not familiar with US law but New Zealand has the Human Rights Commission, and part of our legislation says that you have the right to not be discriminated against.

I'm reasonably sure the statement in the OP would break our laws, especially considering that we have the Civil Union here, and people are afforded the same rights as traditionally married couples.

_Bro

Banned
nobody said they hate gay people.

at walmart my orientation leader was a member of the tea party.

imagine what the employees of companies you do support believe!

also, lol at companies not being allowed to have beliefs.

KingGondo

Banned
I met a senior VP from Chick Fil-A at a friend's wedding this summer, and it was like he was from another planet. Dude was like the preacher of a charismatic southern church, very creepy.

He alluded to these retreats, and it doesn't surprise me at all that they exclude gays.

Shiny happy people.

good fucking chicken though

Cmon guys this has been known. Chick-Fil-A closes on Sunday, ever wondered why?

I don't see a huge problem with this.

But I am Christian, so yeahhhhhhhhhhh.

most importantly

yacobod said:
who cares?

their chicken sandwiches are delicious

BakedPigeon said:
Tons of corporations and companies donate money to lots of things that many people around the world probably do not condone or approve of. Thats corporate America/World for ya.
But that's why being an informed consumer is important.

Companies that fuel hate don't get my money.

Gunloc said:
But that's why being an informed consumer is important.

Companies that fuel hate don't get my money.
I completely agree I guess my point is if your going to avoid Chik then avoid them all. It would be really hard to do but it doesn't make sense to avoid one company for doing something and shopping at another that does something else along the spectrum.

kamspy

But the chicken is so damn good. If you bought everything according to morals you couldn't shop anywhere though.

ZealousD

Man, some of you guys are coming off as incredibly insensitive.

"DURR WHO CARES BOUT THE GAYS? I WANT MA CHIKEN!!"

It couldn't hurt for some of you guys to at least be disappointed in them.

If you guys love Chik-Fil-A so much, why don't you marry it?

Oh wait.

Seanspeed

Banned
ZealousD said:
The last time I went to a Chik-Fil-A, their customer service scared me.

The chick at the drive in was too happy. Too cheerful. It was all so very fake.
I'll take that anyday over the very real careless attitude of most fast food places.

And believe it or not, they do make an effort to hire these yippy young girls that are genuinely like that.

Londa

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Sure, it's not equal. But denying people rights due to who they are is an issue that we have direct historical experience with, and there are correlations between the denial of the rights of gays with the denial of rights of other minority groups.

Edit: And I'm not worried about the political correctness of a term used, I'm more concerned with the real world implications of treating people differently and denying them equal treatment under the law based on who they are.

How is Chick-Fil-A denying anyone their rights? They just said they don't support gay marriage. It's not like they wont let gays buy their food. Thats the only thing they have control over.

daw840

Hmmm, that's too bad. There food is delicious though, so....I guess I will just feel dirty when consuming the SAUCE OF THE GODS! Jesus christ, ChicFilA sauce is god damn fantastic. Sorry gay people, it's bullshit but I just....just cant stop.

:(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
hosannainexcelsis said:
I am a Christian who believes that marriage is a holy sacrament established by God, partially as a mirror for the relationship between Christ and the church, which is why a same-sex relationship cannot really be called marriage.

Yes, but marriage predates the first description of your god by thousands of years, and Christ by at least ten thousand so you're incorrect. I grant you that your belief might be that god condones it, but he certainly didn't create it. People did, to establish stability and property law. Which works for gays too.

ccbfan

LOL at people saying this is not bad.

Basically its like Chick-Fil-A donating and supporting the KKK but tell minorities that they are not racist.

If you want to continue to eat there cause its delicious then go ahead, its not a big deal. I continue to buy sweatshop goods because its cheaper even though it hurts workers and human rights. People do tons of things that directly help effects they hate.

Just don't justify by lessening the situation. Your money is supporting these hate groups by proxy.

Daft_Cat

I love statements like these.

Chick-Fil-A: No hard Feelings, But We Hate Gays.

Might as well Say:

Chick-Fil-A: No hard Feelings, But hard feelings!

No offense, but * insert something offensive*!!

In other words, I'm much too soft to insult you without telling you not to be insulted. Anyway..in 2011 I find it sad that this is still an issue.

Stinkles

Londa said:
How is Chick-Fil-A denying anyone their rights? They just said they don't support gay marriage. It's not like they wont let gays buy their food. Thats the only thing they have control over.

Chik Fil A is paying proxies to deny people their rights. And doing it tax free. If I paid an assassin to kill you, or a burglar to rob your house, I think you might be annoyed if I got tax exempt status for doing it.

Stinkles

It is easy for me to hate Chik Fil A because their sandwiches are wildly overrated. Tasty, kind of, but mind-bogglingly exaggerated.

ZealousD

Londa said:
How is Chick-Fil-A denying anyone their rights? They just said they don't support gay marriage.

They're donating money to groups that work to deny gays the right to marry.

Are you not paying attention?

antonz

It must suck to live in a world where you refuse to use any product not made by yourself because its funding people who have ideas different then you.

That tank of gas? Its supporting slavery,terrorism etc
Cheap stuff at Walmart and any other major retailer? Slavery,Poor human rights conditions etc

Londa said:
The business has ABSOLUTE control over who they donate money to. If they are donating money to groups who have an agenda which has prioritized demonizing gay marriage and limiting the rights of a group of people, then that's certainly something they have control over--and it's certainly worth opposing.

It's not rocket science.

Londa

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Chik Fil A is paying proxies to deny people their rights. And doing it tax free. If I paid an assassin to kill you, or a burglar to rob your house, I think you might be annoyed if I got tax exempt status for doing it.

lol people really go to the extreme with everything.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Why do their Cool Wraps™ have to be so good?!?! I was actually sinking my teeth into one when I stumbled upon this thread. Goddammit.

antonz said:
It must suck to live in a world where you refuse to use any product not made by yourself because its funding people who have ideas different then you.

That tank of gas? Its supporting slavery,terrorism etc
Cheap stuff at Walmart and any other major retailer? Slavery,Poor human rights conditions etc
Terrorism, slavery and homophobia are ideas now? Okay...

SnakeswithLasers said:
The business has ABSOLUTE control over who they donate money to. If they are donating money to groups who have an agenda which has prioritized demonizing gay marriage and limiting the rights of a group of people, then that's certainly something they have control over--and it's certainly worth opposing.

It's not rocket science.
you know what's a travesty?
opposing good chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom