• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Company launching crowdfunding campaign for the OUYE.

Walpurgis

Banned
The backer for inafune's next scam project.

n5NHr7r.png

NolbertoS

I'm inteigued that it took China rhis long to rip off the PS4, Xbone and Ouya. They already have ripped off the Iphone, MS Windows, Iwatch and anything else that's electronically related. If they can get 1% of that marketshare, watchout Big Three :p
All copyright infringements and stolen ideas end up in China

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Shameless.

Its even worse because your asking people to fund a clearly knockoff product with nowhere near the capabilities of the units it is copying, nor is it even going to even compete on any sort of level with even the predecessors in terms of content.

What i think is the absolute funniest thing is that the dudes have the gall to put their faces out there on the crowdfunding page.

If your going to be brazen enough to steal designs while fully understanding you are doing so, don't act so proud of yourself about being so creatively bankrupt that you'd put your picture up there.

Jimrpg

Shameless.

Its even worse because your asking people to fund a clearly knockoff product with nowhere near the capabilities of the units it is copying, nor is it even going to even compete on any sort of level with even the predecessors in terms of content.

What i think is the absolute funniest thing is that the dudes have the gall to put their faces out there on the crowdfunding page.

If your going to be brazen enough to steal designs while fully understanding you are doing so, don't act so proud of yourself about being so creatively bankrupt that you'd put your picture up there.

A lot of chinese companies don't really care if they are shameless or not. The economies of scale are different over there. Even if they get ridiculed by the majority there might be the 0.1% of people that will actually buy it.

In fact I suspect the familiarity of the design allows people to directly compare it to the products it was inspired by.

Shameless.

It's China, they don't give two shits.

Javin98

Banned
LOL, is this for real? When it comes to cheap imitations of a popular product, China really is number one! Glad to hear that it's getting pretty negative comments from the Chinese in the comments.

That's a xiaomi controller
http://www.mi.com/shb/

intro-wireless.jpg

Ah, thanks for the info. At best, they're using them to showcase bluetooth functionality but why use someone else's controller?

Is anything original in this shit show?

Edit: Looking at that link some more, one of the gents in the image I linked is shown playing on that page. Assuming these companies aren't related, it's safe to assume the image I posted earlier in the thread was straight up stolen from this company.

That seems to say it's called the "Coldplay" and costs 799 yuan (about £80)

Assuming you're not pulling my leg here, that name is golden. Hilarious.

Donos

If thy are so much interested then why they rip? Why don't they come up with a new console to compete.

A real console with it's own ecosystem and on par with xb, sony and Nintendo is nothing you spit out in a few years. sony and Nintendo are doing that for decades and ms strongarmed in with their vast resources. Either the Chinese government would have to pour in buckets of money or a huge "private" Chinese Corp with tons of resources and some vet engineers (like cerny) would have to step up.

mieumieu

God damn the comments from those Chinese in that link is brutal. lol

Not just brutal.

One of the comments literally said "foreigners will say bad things about China again because of this. Just look at how they comment it!"

I couldn't care less... why do I have to care about them just because I happen to be born in the same country as them lol

edit: Since Sony and MS has entered the Chinese market they may file lawsuits against them, but it may not be worth the effort.
A lot of these knockoff companies are short-lived; they got their money and dissolve.

Top Bottom