• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Choose 5 Definitive games of a console based on user name.

I never owned a Dreamcast, but based on what I know and any ports I may have played.

1.Shenmue
2. Crazy Taxi
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Power Stone
5. Seaman

Honorable Mention: Sonic Adventure and the proceeding Sanic Scourge

Oddduck

O: Playstation 2

1. Metal Gear Solid 2 or 3 (can't decide)
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
4. Devil May Cry
5. God of War

dickroach

Super Mario 3D World
DKC Tropical Freeze
Yoshi's Woolly World
Super Mario Maker
Splatoon

I can't pick MK8 if the definitive version is going to be on the Switch. and I'm assuming the same is going to be true for Smash 4 also

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Um...I'll try pick ones that I both have and haven't played based on reviews/sales etc.

Uncharted 4
Rocket League
Bloodborne
Horizon
The Order - I put this in as a definitive PS4 title for 2 reasons. Firstly, as one of the first true next gen looking games and still to this day, up there as one of the best of the gen, but also because I feel this game defined the early PS4 exclusive lineup until Bloodborne came along. Disappointing games that focused on style with little substance. The Order encapsulated what PS4 exclusives mostly were in the earlier days perfectly in one package.

El Txou

I don't have a VITA, and we'll, technically Txou is my...well I don't know if it's cheating but I thought of the letter T first.

1) Super Metroid
2) Super Mario World
3) A Link to the Past
4) Chrono Trigger
5) Donkey Kong Country

Terrorblot

T: Super Nintendo, my first console.

5. Earthbound
4. Kirby Superstar
3. Chrono Trigger
2. Super Mario World
1. Donkey Kong Country 2

Z- Personal Computer
Talk about a wealth of options. No particular order, mostly referring to series, though parenthesis denotes a specific game I wanted to highlight.

1. Quake
2. Wing Commander (Privateer)
3. Warcraft (2)
4. Ultima (IV: Quest of the Avatar)
5. SimCity (2000)

No TurboGrafx/PC Engine representation on the list? :(

I'll do it just because.

1) Castlevania: Chi no Rondo
2) Bomberman '93 and '94
3) Bonk 3
4) Devil's Crush
5) Aero Blasters (I like it better than Star Soldier)

But to actually play the game for real:
W = Game Boy (Color)

1) Link's Awakening
2) Oracle of Seasons/Ages
3) Pokemon Gen 1 and Gen 2
4) Metroid II
5: Donkey Kong (1994)

Honorable Mention: Game Boy Camera, the secret best Game Boy game.

I was never a Mario/Wario Land fan.

Timeaisis

Ah, yeah I got the best console.

SNES:
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario World
Earthbound
Super Metroid
A Link To The Past

And yet I still left out FFVI, Kirby Superstar, and every DKC. What a console...

>:)

Wildcard eh? Very well, I'll choose what I began my career with, good ol NES

1. Guardian Legend
2. Metroid
3. Blaster Master
4. Super Mario Bros 3
5. Mega Man 3

Nintendo Switch. Hard to say without too much to go on, but I'll give it a shot.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Easy, given its status as the most prominent launch title by heads and shoulders over the others. This will depend on how the Switch sells I suppose, but I could see its reputation becoming similar to that of Twilight Princess which seems to be seen as a Wii game before a GameCube one.

2. Super Mario Odyssey - 3D Mario in all of its forms is one of the biggest drivers for Nintendo's hardware business, and Odyssey looks to be taking the series in wildly new directions while tracing its steps back to Mario 64.

3. 1, 2, Switch! - Nintendo's attempt to do what worked for Wii Sports and what didn't work for NintendoLand, launch with a smaller, quirkier game to sell people on the concept of the system itself. Whether it will be successful remains to be seen - my impression is most gamers don't care to have anything to do with it, but I could easily be wrong.

4. Splatoon 2 - Nintendo surprised us a little by announcing the next Splatoon title as a full-blown sequel rather than an updated port, but realistically it probably falls somewhere inbetween. If anything it says more of Splatoon's breakout success, surprising many and responsible for much urine drinking around here. Nintendo's message is perfectly clear, not only is Splatoon here to stay but we'll try our damndest to get it out as close to launch as possible. Xenoblade 2 or Fire Emblem Warriors could serve as other examples of this, but I think it's important to touch on another thing.

5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Many gamers have made it known their concerns that much of Switch's early lineup would consist solely of old Wii U games repackaged for a new audience that likely skipped the fledgling console. While Nintendo's announced several original games, something like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe might prove the skeptics' point. Outside of a far more robust Battle Mode, MK8DX doesn't offer much new over the Wii U version, which in fairness was a pretty fantastic game to begin with. Still, for Nintendo loyalists craving something new, it's understandably deflating.

Obviously given that the system isn't out yet, it's a reasonable assumption that in a few years' time it'll come to be defined by completely different games. Once again, hard to say.

petran79

Banned
Lucky

Still play on original Dreamcast, though with personal preferences

1.Shenmue
2.Jet Set Radio
3.Sonic Adventure
4.Soulcalibour
5.Power Stone

TheYanger

T SNES

1. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario Kart
3. Zelda ALTTP
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Donkey Kong Country

Really hard time deciding on just 5. I went for what resonated with me the most personally.

Zedark

PC, then.

1. Age of Mythology
2. Medieval II Total War
3. Rome Total War
4. Age of Empires
5. The Witcher 1

Now that I think about it, my pc gaming time has basically been spent on these games and also Dragon age Origins and TES IV & V, hardly anything else.

Well, I've played all of 5 minutes on a PSP, some random fighting game back in 2007. IIRC, there was a PSP collection containing Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. So I'll go with that as I've played those 2 on other systems and they're among my favorites.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Phew, got one of the easy ones.

1) Majora's Mask
2) Pokemon Sun-Moon
3) Pokemon Omega Ruby
4) Fantasy Life
5) Bravely Default

... wait, all RPGs?

Tntnico

T : Super Nintendo

1. Diddy Kong Country 2
2. Super Mario World
3. Zelda : À Link to the Past
4. Yoshi's Island
5. Super Mario Kart

Makeda

I never had an OG Xbox but here it goes (in no order)

1. Knights of the Old Republic
2. KotOR 2
3. Halo
4. Fable
5. Ninja Gaiden

jettpack

PSP... Haven't played one in years...
1. Lumines
2. MGS: Peace walker
3. God of War: Ghost of Sparta
4. Persona 3 Portable
5. Patapon

Game Boy Advance

1. Metroid Fusion
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
3. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
4. Golden Sun
5. Advance Wars

And if we're rounding out a top ten:

6. Pokemon Emerald
7. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
8. Mother 3
9. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
10. Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones

Those were GBC games.

Oh, shit, you're right. Thanks. I guess it'll be changed to Minish Cap.

jettpack

PC, then.

1. Age of Mythology
2. Medieval II Total War
3. Rome Total War
4. Age of Empires
5. The Witcher 1

Now that I think about it, my pc gaming time has basically been spent on these games and also Dragon age Origins and TES IV & V, hardly anything else.
great list 👌🏻

A:

Zelda BoTW
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Arms

First 4 are surefire Definitive Games, Arms is a toss up. But imagine these 5 games are all coming out within the next 9 months.

SeanTSC

S: Playstation

Xenogears
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy 7
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 2

Man, the PS1. So good.

Aske

Switch? Easy.

1 - Nintendogs
2 - Pikachu
3 - Megaman
4 - Nintendo
5 - Metroid vs Super Sonico @ the #OlympicGames

My user name is Link to the Past, A :|

Sticking to one game per series.

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee
2. Pikmin 2
3. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
4. Metroid Prime
5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

(honorable mention to Metroid Prime 2 Echoes, which I like better than MP but is not for everyone)

kagamin

K: Nintendo DS
1. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
2. Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
3. Dragon Quest V
4. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Top Bottom