• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHP Officer Rescues Woman Passed Out In Moving Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avixph

(Click image to watch video)

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol officer smashed the window of a moving car to rescue a driver passed out behind the wheel on a San Diego freeway.

Officers found Amber Morgan, 25, stopped on the 805 Freeway near Clairemont Mesa Boulevard just before 1 a.m. Her engine was running, her windows were up and the doors were locked.

An officer woke Morgan by tapping on her window, but the car began rolling down the freeway. That's when he jumped into action and smashed the window on the passenger side.

After breaking the glass, he reached in through the window to unlock the passenger door and quickly pulled the emergency brake to stop the vehicle.
Officers arrested Morgan on suspicion of driving under the influence. Officers found a large bottle of alcohol and other drinks in the backseat. She was being held on $2,500 bail.
Source: ABC7

xXJonoXx

I've seen this more times that I can remember. At stop lights, in the drive thu at fast food. If I see it I call the cops immediately. I love seeing a passed out drunk person behind the wheel go to jail. Rather than wake up and kill somebody.

A smarter idea though, which the cops around me do is get another unit and put that police vehicle in front of the stopped car so even if they wake up and just floor it, they aren't getting anywhere. Also prevents what happened here from happening.

Avixph

I've seen this more times that I can remember. At stop lights, in the drive thu at fast food. If I see it I call the cops immediately. I love seeing a passed out drunk person behind the wheel go to jail. Rather than wake up and kill somebody.

A smarter idea though, which the cops around me do is get another unit and put that police vehicle in front of the stopped car so even if they wake up and just floor it, they aren't getting anywhere. Also prevents what happened here from happening.
That would have been a great idea for this particular situation.

way more

How many times?

Drunk drivers are terrifying

We don't' know if she was drunk and if that's what caused her to pass out. However it turns out the officer was showed skill and quick thinking.

I'm wondering if she actually had a seizure. My cousin started having them recently and hers . . . it's basically like she passes out, quite a bit like this.

Nah forget it's nothing and I don't want to derail my own thread.

Back on topic according to ABC News 10, Morgan is a 25 year old student at San Diego State University and an aspiring journalist. Here is a video of Morgan anchoring for the U-T news minute.

Well, that opening and last line seem pretty damning.

Considering:

Doubtful.

I mean, you can have alchoholic drinks in your vehicle and have not had a sip of one. But if authorities think she was drunk, she probably was. Surprised they didn't do a breathalyzer on the spot though.

Avixph

I'm wondering if she actually had a seizure. My cousin started having them recently and hers . . . it's basically like she passes out, quite a bit like this.
It could have been the case if the officers didn't find a large bottle of alcohol and other drinks in the backseat of her car.

Enzom21

Who is filming this? Do they have a film crew out there? It doesn't look like it was filmed with a body camera.

Who is filming this? Do they have a film crew out there? It doesn't look like it was filmed with a body camera.

A stringer, like the main character from the movie Nightcrawler.

Basically they follow police scanners, film things, and sell them to news stations.

It could have been the case if the officers didn't find a large bottle of alcohol and other drinks in the backseat of her car.

I mean, it still could be. Most signs point to "probably not" though.

Excuse me, sexual debase and objectify her all you want because I have trolled in the past.

Oh please, fall on that sword.

You are actually going to sit here and claim, lock her ass up is somehow objectification. You cannot be serious. That phrase is used ALL the time for both sexes. You are better than this mac.

They busted the window after she started driving away. I don't understand where you want your rhetorical question to go.

They were trying to bust the window out immediately. The point is, had they never hit the window to wake her up in the first place she very well might have been rear-ended.

What should the officers have done, left her in the middle of the highway passed out?

You started this by saying: Doesn't look like a rescue.

Sure as shit does.

numble

They were trying to bust the window out immediately. The point is, had they never hit the window to wake her up in the first place she very well might have been rear-ended.

What should the officers have done, left her in the middle of the highway passed out?
No, they should arrest her. I don't see why arresting a person who just tried to flee is a rescue.

Enzom21

A stringer, like the main character from the movie Nightcrawler.

Basically they follow police scanners, film things, and sell them to news stations.

Do they have a close relationship with cops? Cops usually don't let civilians get that close and often times get pissed when they're being filmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom