• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christmas Day tornado outbreak possible in LA/MS/AL/TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Just been raining on and off, keep getting weather alerts interrupting the parade.

And apparently they arent going back to the parade because of tornado watch/warning. Raining pretty hard now.

Houston has been pretty quiet so far...always have been an insomniac on Christmas eve...but this is just making me a little anxious.

We've had a little bit of a drizzle, but thats about it.

Getting some pretty decent rain/t-storms near Willowbrook mall, but it's nothing too bad so far. Still don't think we're in the clear though

legacyzero

Banned
Check out Tornado Glory if you haven't seen it. It was Reed and Joel's first documentary when they were both students at the University of Oklahoma and I was able to attend the premiere when I was in guerrilla film-making. It has some gnarly footage.

Hope you guys stay safe. I'm sure the snow we are expecting in Oklahoma is going to cause major issues albeit not as scary or immediately life threatening.

Love my boy Reed!

"WE GOT A BIG FUNNEL. BIIIIIIIG FUNNEL ON THE GROUUUUND."

I hope everybody in the south is OK.

Welp I'm on my way to pick my grandfather up and drive over to some relatives' for a Christmas dinner. We should finish dessert just in time for the next round of storms to pass through. Wonderful: no way to make an early exit and the chance of being huddled in a closet with a bunch of people I barely know. Merry f@cking Christmas.

I'm in Georgia, so we're supposed to get some stuff tomorrow and the night, good luck to you all in the area and please stay safe, you can replace gifts, you can't replace yourself, keep your loved ones safe!

We seem to be in the clear here on the southshore. I haven't been paying attention to this at all because of work and parties.

I hope everything goes better than expected. =(

Teknoman

Guess it's safe to say the Houston area wont be getting anything. Its pretty sunny out now. Havent seen radar info for other areas yet.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Guess it's safe to say the Houston area wont be getting anything. Its pretty sunny out now. Havent seen radar info for other areas yet.

There were two tornadoes reported in Houston earlier today, but yeah, the severe threat is pretty much over for Texas, save for the extreme eastern portion. It's mainly LA/MS/AL that's in danger now.

Teknoman

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can anyone help me out with finding some more details on what's going on in Rapides Parish, please?

NWS says it was just wind damage right now, but 26-30 homes damaged with numerous injuries? That has got to have been a tornado. Maybe once NWS sends a team out there (if they do) we'll find out more.

Nevasleep

TWC Breaking ‏@TWCBreaking
Update: Per Lt. Tommy Carnline of Rapides Parish S.O...several homes with trees on them, no reports of injuries. Cotile Lake, Tioga areas.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
TWC Breaking ‏@TWCBreaking
Update: Per Lt. Tommy Carnline of Rapides Parish S.O...several homes with trees on them, no reports of injuries. Cotile Lake, Tioga areas.

Tioga is a bit away from Ball, so that doesn't do much to ease my worries. Thanks, though.

Omnicent

My sisters left to beat out the storm 2 hours ago (they stay in New Orleans)
I'm in Lafayette and it's pretty dark outside. I have a friend up in Alexandria, so I'll probably give him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom