• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS! Read first post for information.

Bizzyb

Banned
Chrono Trigger is Back!

partytimewa0.gif

painey

fuck.. piss poor choice.. of all the consoles or services this should have appeared on, the DS is the worst :(

To this minute I'm still shocked and I don't think anything will impress me in E3. This is the megaton I was waiting for :D and the Chrono Twigger tease made the waiting even worse. I don't care if it is a direct port or enhanced or even 3d or not IT'S CHRONO TRIGGER one of my favourite games is alive.

My favourite game is still alive and I Lived to tell the story. :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well. It's time for a whole new generation to experience one of the greatest rpgs of all time. No pun intended.

Teknoman

You know whats gonna be great? When the you go to the site and the ticking leads from this premonition to the brink of time.

Also the ticking noise is different that the SNES title one, so its not a rip.

Kadey said:
Well. It's time for a whole new generation to experience one of the greatest rpgs of all time. No pun intended.

Think they'll flip out when they find the world was supposed to end in the far off time of 1999?

:lol Seriously though, that was kind of a shocker for me back then. When we played Chrono Trigger and saw that 1999 A.D. lavos emergence...wow. About the same way I felt when I saw the face on the 2nd Moon in FFIV, and the previous day I saw the EXACT same face in a tabloid at the store (face on Mars).

syllogism

So is this the exact same game some of you have probably played dozens of times since 1995? Chrono Trigger is of course excellent but the enthusiasm gaf has for ports is getting a bit obnoxious.

Teknoman

I hope its not just a straight port. At least give it some graphical and audio enhancements. This is the DS we're talking about. A straight port wouldnt really make sense...and it would have to be cheaper anyway.

Vinci

Danish
AniHawk said:
Holy fuck

My response as well. Fucking DS - how much more of my love and life can you take from me? True, you give it back more and more over time, but still ... it's not right that I should love you this way.

<3 <3 <3 DS
Greatest system ever.

Zilch

Banned
syllogism said:
So is this the exact same game some of you have probably played dozens of times since 1995? Chrono Trigger is of course excellent but the enthusiasm gaf has for ports is getting a bit obnoxious.

Usually I would agree (or at least want a 3D remake a la FFIV) but I haven't played CT since I was in middle school and it is one of the greatest games ever just the way it is.

Hopefully this opens up the possibility of original/new Chrono content on the DS (and other systems).

Red Scarlet

syllogism said:

As several people have said already, not all of the people excited for it have played through it, or even played through it at all, and there's quite a possibility of some being a person that either sold/gave away/lost the game and didn't want to pay what (used to be?) can be a really high price tag to rebuy it.

You debbie downers pissing on enthusiasm for whatever reason is what is truly obnoxious.

Vinci

Danish
Red Scarlet said:
You debbie downers pissing on entusiasm for whatever reason is what is truly obnoxious.

^ This. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people enjoying the fact that they'll now have a portable version of what many consider to be the best old-school RPG in history?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I mean....if you really want to play this game, I don't know what's stopping you from doing it right now. That's why it seems odd to me to get so jazzed for a port.

I'm not too excited about the game per se, because you're right. But I am excited that they're at least acknowledging the series again.

hitsugi

Square porting an RPG to the DS with the original console's graphics.. yeah...............

Guess we'll see on Monday~

Either way, I'll take it. I'd almost rather them NOT try re-create anything and risk them fucking it up.

nestea

syllogism said:

I haven't replayed this game for almost 10 years. Obviously Square is putting some thought into this title if the countdown timer is any indication, so a touched up port with new content of the greatest game I had played in my childhood is a must buy for me.

Just drink the koolaid and join the party piss pants.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Finally, they admit that Chrono Trigger exists!
I don't even need a remake. They could just port the damn SNES game over and I'd still buy it.

vareon

syllogism said:

As said earlier in the thread, this is a sign that Squenix is still looking their Chrono franchise, therefore increasing the possibility of a sequel.

Datrio said:
Megaton. Now just give me Europe!
It's funny how this version would mark the first release ever in Europe. 13 years since the original Japanese version came out. Bestest localisation ever?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Cor blimey!

And I don't even have to worry about it releasing in Europe, I can just import the US copy and play it off the bat. :D

EDIT: How on earth does this news relate to Tom Cruise, and why is the context sensitive advert at the bottom of the page talking about celebrating 25 years of the man?

eXistor

OMG, I just woke up to this!! I don't even care if it is a port or not, the world needs to be remembered of/ introduced to the greatness of Chrono Trigger.

I didn't read the entire thread yet, but does this mean Suikoden VI is confirmed as well? If so, that could be even better news!

Scribble

Tenbatsu said:
Please read.

I did read. I know it's going to be a port with extras, but extras could mean 'extra dungeon' or 'a few anime cutscenes here and there', which don't really count.

FirewalkR

Vinci said:
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people enjoying the fact that they'll now have a portable version of what many consider to be the best RPG in history?

Made a slight, albeit very important fix.

Vinci

Danish
FirewalkR said:
Made a slight, albeit very important fix.

In the original version of my post, that's how it read. I edited it due to how severely people's gaming tastes have changed over the last couple of years. Besides, I felt it best to avoid the possible 'Nuh-uh FF VII BITCHES!' nonsense that seems to sppear whenever mentioning the 'best RPG ever' tag.

justchris

Red Scarlet said:
You forgot a couple songs, like this one!
jafa5v.gif

I really liked Tyrano Castle, Brink of Time, and 12,000BC too.

Well, I was gonna say, before GAF went dead on me, that CT's music is probably the most appropriate music ever in a video game. Each song fit the action perfectly, each of the battle themes had just the right amount of tension for the level of import of the battle, each environment theme fit the environment and the action perfectly, and the character themes had real personality, which associated perfectly with the character's themselves. This is especially true of Ayla & Frog's themes. I can't hear them but think of the characters. So, at least in atmosphere and scene construction, CT's music was spectacular, and superior to most games out there.

Red Scarlet

eXistor said:
OMG, I just woke up to this!! I don't even care if it is a port or not, the world needs to be remembered of/ introduced to the greatness of Chrono Trigger.

I didn't read the entire thread yet, but does this mean Suikoden VI is confirmed as well? If so, that could be even better news!

Unless something recently happened, I don't think Suiko6 was confirmed.

Barrett2

Who knew back in 2004 that the DS would come to rule the world like this? I am blown away at the awesome games for this system..

eXistor

Red Scarlet said:
Unless something recently happened, I don't think Suiko6 was confirmed.
I saw it mentioned in the last page, but didn't read the thread properly, so I guess I misread. I'll read the thread when I have some more time.

Red Scarlet

eXistor said:
I saw it mentioned in the last page, but didn't read the thread properly, so I guess I misread. I'll read the thread when I have some more time.

It was hinted at early on in the thread with no confirmation, then more or less said not to be confirmed at this time, something like that. There's always up through E3 though, I guess!

painey

fuck.. piss poor choice.. of all the consoles or services this should have appeared on, the DS is the worst :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
painey said:

yep...for a ct port with snes gfx u absolutely need the power of wii/ps360 yep...

haha

Top Bottom