• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS! Read first post for information.

RpgN

My chance to try it out :D

Now we need a Chrono Cross psp and then we're set ( though I did play that one ).

Red Scarlet

Second said:
Hope it's a remake.

Otherwise MEH

Maybe the new thread title will help.

I think it was just one little picture, RPGMonkey, but I don't know; haven't seen anything other than the little website thing.

Ydahs

RpgN said:
My chance to try it out :D

Now we need a Chrono Cross psp and then we're set ( though I did play that one ).
I will buy whatever console CC is remade for!
Better be on one I own...

We need a Chrono sequel!

Majmun

Red Scarlet said:
Maybe the new thread title will help.

I think it was just one little picture, RPGMonkey, but I don't know; haven't seen anything other than the little website thing.

Yeah, title is much better now. ;)

I've played this game too many times to re-purchase it again for the DS. If it were a full remake, I'd buy it without hesitation.

But an enhanced port? I dunno. I need to see the enhancements first. Hope it's something BIG.

Ydahs said:
I will buy whatever console CC is remade for!
Better be on one I own...

We need a Chrono sequel!
Well, a big part of Monolith Soft were the original CC team, and they're at Nintendo, and Baten Kaitos was basically Chrono Cross with cards, and Nintendo and Square are kinda sorta buddies now...

Chrono Cross PSP port inevitable.

Aeana

Red Scarlet said:
People will just ask what enhancements there are instead though. Which is in the group I am in.

I'm curious, too. I have heard whispers of a new dungeon, but beyond that, nothing.

Red Scarlet

Aeana said:
I'm curious, too. I have heard whispers of a new dungeon, but beyond that, nothing.

I'd really like to see that Singing Mountain place that got taken out and where they were going to use that other battle song. Surely they can add some new areas to go to or sidequests. I still might wait on it and read some opinions on how good whatever the bonus content is, since overall I haven't been too impressed with the FF remake extra content.

Soul4ger said:
I still don't understand what "enhanced port" means.

I don't think anyone really knows what the 'enhancements' are, just that right now it is not a graphical remake, which is where a lot of confusion has come from.

Ranger X

It's a new Chrono Trigger we need. A new one that is good. Chrono Cross was a mess.

I own the SNES and PS1 one, why do i need another copy?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I'm sorry for Dr. Wily, but this news is definitely avatar-worthy.

qqbd6f.gif

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Brilliant news! Everyone keeps going on about just how good this game was, so now I'll get to play it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Toma said:
Has someone already made a wallpaper version out of the ticking clock? =/
Id like to have my Desktop remind me of whats happening in this thread :D

Edit: >__> It shouldnt "tick" of course =p

If I am the only one interested just ignore this post :D

The original:

1280*803

Original size, just clock & NDS sign:

1280*803

Original size, just the clock

1280*803

New Size, Clock & NDS Design

1280*960

New Size, Clock & NDS Design

1024*768

New Size, Clock only

1024*768

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ranger X said:
It's a new Chrono Trigger we need. A new one that is good. Chrono Cross was a mess.

I own the SNES and PS1 one, why do i need another copy?

Why dont you wait until we know what new content there is?

...asking questions that cant be answered yet...

sasimirobot

so uh. fill me in. I played the SNES version, what am I missing? no really...I havent played Chrono since then. dont hate me, I know there have been sequels/spin-offs since...

FFTA2 should hold me over right?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Enhanced port, whatever that means, sounds a lot better than remake to me.

A remake at Square Enix would probably mean that Nomura would be in charge. I really don't need my Crono to be covered in belts and zippers and be strangely solemn at all times.

soul

Just wait until the website is open in five days and find out what's changed etc.

(or at least, I think it's five days seeing S-E wrote "coming soon 20080707")

Alpha_eX

The bottom right picture in the scan looks like a 3D battle.

If the pictures of the magazine are legit, why do people bother to upload such crappy pictures. One is the full page and the other is close up of some text, not any of the screenshots, pointless.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
There are more pictures of the article out now, but they are even more shitty than the first. I can't see a thing.

bengraven

And so Squaresoft realizes it's 2008 and people have been clamoring for a remake/sequel for over a decade.

This and Diablo 3 all within a few days makes my dick itch.

Dascu

Tenbatsu said:
I will kill for a Seiken Densetsu 3 port with multiplayer over Wifi connection!!
http://secretofmana.planets.gamespy.com/images/seikendensetsu3.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
This would be so fantastic.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Tenbatsu said:
I will kill for a Seiken Densetsu 3 port with multiplayer over Wifi connection!!
seikendensetsu3.gif

SD 3 Remake Offense Force, ready and willing!

I am also a member of the SD 3 Straight Port Offense Force as well

Top Bottom