• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City of Heroes roll call.

Here's my current list of characters on Pinnicle...

First (of course) the Great Wasabi Man.
gwm.jpg

The upgraded blasre Version Super Wasabi Man...soo orginal no?
swm.jpg

The 2 newers ones I created a couple of days ago

I had to get an exsisting Comic character in there
mg.jpg

I also wanted to try out a scrapper.
bbk.jpg

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Look for me on Victory as Obo. =) Only level 6, so he's practically new still. I'll keep an eye out for you peeps.

Raz: Love the line of jumping jack people. Ahaha

Lyte: Both look pretty cool to me. =) I'd recommend picking whichever seems like it'll be more fun.

I've added all the Victory characters here to my character's (Amun) friend list. Now it's a race for the first person to Level 10 to become the GAF Supergroup Leader! :D

We should start discussing names for the group...suggestions?

Hey if you guys will form a SuperGroup I'll make a Victory Great WasaiMan. Speaking of...is anyone in a Super Group. I was in 2 so far. One was a bunch of people who just chatted about drinking th ehter is small (like 8 people) and I think I was accidently invited to it. No one is ever one except me :(

Razoric

Banned
Great Wasabi Man said:
Hey if you guys will form a SuperGroup I'll make a Victory Great WasaiMan. Speaking of...is anyone in a Super Group. I was in 2 so far. One was a bunch of people who just chatted about drinking th ehter is small (like 8 people) and I think I was accidently invited to it. No one is ever one except me :(

Yeah make a character on victory, that's what I did.

Ryu

It probably would have been best if you guys planned out your classes in advance before creating them. Wouldn't it be easier to make sure the SG, when that time comes around level 10, has a fair balance of character abilities? We wouldn't want a totaly one sided set. That's why I'm posting now to see what we need most before even bothering with the character creation.

MrCheez

Razoric said:
I saw a guy on Victory named Mr.Cheez, asked if it was you and he ignored me. I cried myself to sleep. :(

What!! An imposter. 8(

Razoric

Banned
Ryu said:
It probably would have been best if you guys planned out your classes in advance before creating them. Wouldn't it be easier to make sure the SG, when that time comes around level 10, has a fair balance of character abilities? We wouldn't want a totaly one sided set. That's why I'm posting now to see what we need most before even bothering with the character creation.

Hmmm good idea.

So far we have what..
Razoric - Controller
Amun - Defender
MrCheeze - Controller

what are the rest?
We need probably another defender, 2-3 blasters and a couple tanker/scrappers.

Well, I just won a Geforce4 off of ebay, so I'll be picking up this game as soon as I get it in the mail and it is installed. I'll probably make a blaster first.

What do defenders do,...force fields/heal?

Razoric said:
Hmmm good idea.

So far we have what..
Razoric - Controller
Amun - Defender
MrCheeze - Controller

what are the rest?
We need probably another defender, 2-3 blasters and a couple tanker/scrappers.

We need 1 more defender, 3 blasters, 2 tankers, 1 scrapper. A nice 10 person supergroup.

Acosta

Gaijin To Ronin, level 3, magic/controller/storm

I have a character at Pinnacle, but I have started again on Victory to join you.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Okay, I combined my fire tanker with the look of Hiraishin....so count me in as Kogasu. No more changes or new characters for GA...I promise. :)

...bought the game... :)

It runs on my old videocard, but I ordered a new one earlier in the day. Probably should have just bought the game first to see if it runs...lol....oh well......Anyway, going from a geforce2mx to a geforce4 ti4400 should at least give me an increase in frame rate.

I created a character:
Name: NaturalDisaster
Type: Technology/Blaster
Level 1

I tried hitting print screen on the character select page, but it doesn't seem to capture my character so I can show you guys/gals. Those who've posted pics,... how are you getting a picture of that screen to post here?

Acosta

Snap2.jpg

My character (sorry for the label, for some reason the buttom at the keyboard doesn´t work for me), I am actually happy with the change of server. Controller is more fun for me than blaster, and once I have recovered my capacity to hover (level 6 right now) it´s great. It will take me a while to arrive at my old level 9, but well, is not like it was a legend.

I really want to start throwing things with my powers :)

How we go with our supergroup, anyone near to level 10?

Gaijin To Ronin said:
How we go with our supergroup, anyone near to level 10?

I'm almost level 6...probably can make 10 by tomorrow night if I am able to put a few hours of play in...

Any more suggestions for a GAF Supergroup name?

MrCheez

Nice screens. 8)

Haven't really seen you peeps around... but then again I've been on at weird times. Hope to see y'all soon.

Anyway, I was bored so I made a girlfriend for Obo!

robocouple.jpg

She's kind of cute and creepy at the same time.

And then I was even more bored, so I made Obo's arch nemesis, Obor! And he's actually pretty fun, so look for me playing as him. =) He's a spine/dark armor scrapper.

spikeyObor.jpg

MrCheez said:
Nice screens. 8)

Haven't really seen you peeps around... but then again I've been on at weird times. Hope to see y'all soon.

Anyway, I was bored so I made a girlfriend for Obo!

robocouple.jpg

She's kind of cute and creepy at the same time.

And then I was even more bored, so I made Obo's arch nemesis, Obor! And he's actually pretty fun, so look for me playing as him. =) He's a spine/dark armor scrapper.

spikeyObor.jpg

LoL...very cool.

I did the same thing with Great WasabiMan. Then felt like I waswasting space not using them (yeah I'm wierd like that) and deleted them

Here are my Victory Characters....

Wasabi.jpg

Kat.jpg

grey.jpg

icey.jpg

SyNapSe

haha, I've been considering joining the new Victory Server group.. not sure, it would be fun to have GAF ppl there. For some reason I love this game and the pacing, but then it slows down around level 14-17. It doesn't help that the Admins keep nerfing crap like crazy, and even introduce a new patch of nerfs, with some minor upgrades, and still don't revert away from the horrific patch that made it impossible to kill Purples.

It's just totally crushing Parties, IMO. I tried again this morning.. I built a new Blaster for fun up from 1-12 solo, so I thought.. hey I'll join a group for fun. It was fun when we we're just 3-4 people, but eventually at some point they decided to go up to 6-8 people. It was total destruction... Orange's are ok, low exp, but ok, Red's are quite a bit more difficult but still seem *reasonable*, if it's a group of 5 Red's w/ 1 +4 level Purple, it might as well be 26 +3's in the group, because we had no chance. Along with this comes the obvious problem that most groups need to be at MAX one level apart from each other, or end up facing mobs they are completely ineffective against.

I know the devs stated they we're going to pull back the changes and make it a much easier scale to work with, but geez.. how can you dish out nerfs, and not at the least roll back this horrific change.

That was a problem (?) I found ... 3-4 people was the ideal party size. A group of 6-8 got less experience than soloing even against totally purple mobs. Once they killed the ability to fight purples effectively, groups became almost entirely useless.

Razoric

Banned
I found that 5-6 people are ideal for killing white mobs. I gained 2 levels in one night. All you have to do is goto a zone where there are constant mobs and split into 3 each and fight side by side. No downtime, tons of xp (sure 3-10 at a time but killing 20 in a row it adds up fast) and no chance of death.

Acosta

Wow, this game is awesome!

Well, I suppose I have discovered what drived Everquest players (or any MMRPG) to play it nonstop some years ago, the true nature of a MMRPG. Last night was my first team experience (ever, it's my first MMRPG), and was awesome, very fun.

The last night I did a mission with my first group (one more akind to my level) and was great because you can notice how they have put a lot of thinking on powers and group combat. Since then I have been haunting at Perez Park with guys of level 12 (9 myself), unfortunately I haven´t been very helpful because we were fighting spawns of 14-13, so my powers failed a lot, but I tried.

At Perez Park I have had pretty nice experiences, fighting with level 14 monsters using help from others. And the game has very interesting and helpful people. One called Almighty (with a great avatar) a level 15 defender stayed a while with us without accepting to be part of the gropup, he only wanted to help and he onlyy created burbles around us to protect us.

Other nice situation is when I asked for some teleportation when I was hovering by Perez Park tryng to arrive to the gate. it would have taken forever given how slowly I moved, but some hero of level 33! tp me and told me "here you are young hero". Roleplaying it´s great, a shame not many people use it.

I´m having great fun with it. BTW I´m looking for you and you never are there. Are we going to create "GA League"?

Razoric

Banned
I can do it tonight. Lets make a final decision on the name and what colors should I pick? (you can have a supergroup outfit which is the same but different coloring based on what is picked)

Razoric said:
I can do it tonight. Lets make a final decision on the name and what colors should I pick? (you can have a supergroup outfit which is the same but different coloring based on what is picked)

Black and Blue? Black and Red? White and Black? Yellow and Black?

Razoric

Banned
Oh and, GO CITY OF HEROES!

http://www.adrenalinevault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=6102004-8722

:D :D :D

This game is quickly turning from a WoW stop-gap, to a kick ass game I play long after I quit WoW. (cant wait for CoV next year with PvP and you create your own villain with minions to control and lairs to build!!)

Things they will be adding this year:
- customizable vechicles
- a non-combat xp system
- "super" Archetypes for high level chars
- more Archetypes to choose from
- CAPES!

I've forgotten a few but all looks good for this game thus far. Hell even my girlfriend started a character on the game. It has a great casual gamer appeal. Hardcore MMORPGers will no doubt be bored with this game in a few months however.

As for the Super Group colors and name:
Need more suggestions! :D

I hit lvl 10 last night...I'd like to see Black and red, or Blue...no yellow or bright colors please

OH and whats up with the Victory Server and people making Hulk clones.

I may kill of my cat chick...just like Pinnicle when I made a Bumble Bee mech, lastnight I saw a clan of Cat chicks. First my cat chick was compared to Black Cat by my gf and now there are a clan of Mutant scrapper cat chicks with claws out there :(

Oh and last night was ok for groups...I had one of people all around 8 or 9 and one guy who was 12. The way he acted I think his level matched his age. The entire time complaining that PP is too easy and that he wanted to do something else. Saying that we would all die easily if we fought hydras (we fought them and no one died) I stayed with the group for about 45 mins the whole time the guy would not stop complaining saying this is the worst group boo hoo boo hoo. So I told the group leader to kick him, since he was such a high and might 12 blaster I'm sure he can fight his wy solo out of PP's lvl 14 hydra mobs. Right after that the leader quit.

I whish I took friendly TP instead of Breath of Fire...People like that you aggro a mob way too much for you or anyone in your group to handle thats FAR form the rest of the group do a Kamakazi aggro and TP his high and mighty ass in the middle. This works well with XP leechers too.

The second group I had was great. We took on an entire warhouse full of mostly boss clockworks, after getting our asses handed to us early on we pulled together and kick massive amounts of ass

Stuff I read there adding...

Alien Crash Site.
Supposed zone controlled by the 5th Cloum
GIANT mechs
Tailoring options to exsisting costumes
Bigger Sized mobs

Someon compliled some of the better stuff here

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/show...pe=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post673960

MrCheez

Having great fun. =) Lots of real life friends are buying the game and starting it up, too! Can't wait for some of these updates.

Re-started Obo and made him a Gravity/Empathy instead of Gravity/Kinetic, and am being wiser about what powers I'm choosing and which I'm giving enhancment slots. I think this new build will be super helpful to groups. The new Obo is level 4... maybe I'll see some of you to group with tonight after class. =)

Keep posting screens people! I love looking through em.

Anyway, been thinking about the name but I've got nothing. >< If we can't think of anything else GA-Men wouldn't be too bad. As for colors, I'm gonna agree with Wasabi. Darker would be better. I'm voting for Black + White, or some form of Black + darker blue. =)

shuri

Banned
Neat, today I received the first comic book! Too bad I cant play since my system is hosed due to some maxtor magic (tm)

oh well

MrCheez said:
Is there a date set for this next huge update?

Soon....thats all. It's rumred sometime thie month probally at the end since so much info is already know the devs are probally far along withthe update.

One sad thing that said capes before CoV but not in this update :(

Acosta

I really hope it's PvP in limited zones, I don't like the idea of being assaulted for players everytime, I have UT 2004 fo that.

Capes would be great, but could you add to your character? (no way I'm going to start again only to put a cape :))

And I´m agree, blue, grey or something like that, not very bright colors if possible.

I can understand how MMRPGs hardcore gamers doen´t love this game (myself would like to try Horizons where I know some friends that roleplay all the time, I have read that it´s a quite complex and complete game). But CoH has some things that makes me think it´s perfect for starting at this genre and having fun.

Acosta

Level 10 myself.

Ok guys, what about if we decide our name and colors?

"GA League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"

"Megatons"

Whatever, give ideas, I think we could do it today.

MrCheez

Ahahah Megatons is pretty clever.

Unfortunatly... I cannot be in the GAF supergroup =( Real life friends and I started one. (Team Love!) I hope to still group with you guys often though =)

Top Bottom