• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City of Heroes roll call.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Okay, I decided to delete my GA character and restart one last time, mainly because I have another character that looks exactly the same. So now I'm going by "Oishii" as my name. Flame Tanker.

aparisi2274

So I was in Independance Port with my team and we were taking on some lvl25 and 26 mobs, and we come across a mob of 5th Column members, and who is with them but Lassie. Now I have no idea how this is related to the 5th, but it was still cool.

Lassie.jpg

according to the booklet the higher 5th column members are creaters of lore...or something like that.

So the higher ups are Vapires, Werewolves and such.

I went exploring to the portal place. I ran into the ancy looking army peeps form the update pics on gamespot. Then I got sniped and died :(

In boomtown where I saw razoric. It looks like an alien on this slab of a building.
huh.gif

and that group of soldiers I bumped into
hey.gif

Ferrio

Banned
Well my scrapper is almost 13. Bought 3 DO damage enhancements for one of my abilities too. Will add another and an accuracy next level.

Pimpbaa

Ran into Ferrio last night, and he didn't know who I was <cries>. I am loving this game, although I'm getting sick of people thinking I'm a girl just because I made a female character (2 guys have come onto me so far).

we should do a TF, I'm getting kind asick of starting them and people quitting for stupid reasons.

Last night I get invited to a team, no one says it's a TF but I found it odd how all the mobs were the same level but Yellow, Orange, and Red. I looke up to my XP bubbles and see a tiny TF...ok I figure it'll be fun. 2 missions in a Gokuh clone (which seem to be out numbering the Cat Chicks and Hulks now) quits cause he's getting no XP form a Taskforce mission....His own task force missions....

Ok color me annoied....5 fing hours of a task force that makes the back tracking in RE look like spinning in a chair and I was the only one who didn't level...5 HOURS! I could Solo for 5 hours and have done better....

Pimpbaa

Great Wasabi Man said:
Ok color me annoied....5 fing hours of a task force that makes the back tracking in RE look like spinning in a chair and I was the only one who didn't level...5 HOURS! I could Solo for 5 hours and have done better....

Stuff like that happens to me a lot as well. Were you fighting stuff much higher level than yourself? I think you get shit all experience if the enemies are too high.

naw it was the same level...16....what made it more annoying I went to a mission and got better exp form lvl 14 mobs.

I did find out it was casue Postitrons TF limit is 16...so that could be why I didn't get crap.

I did do the Snapyse (sp?) TF tonight got an assload of experience. Fought Babage and Clockwork Kings...look I got pictures.

but first...this is probally a Photoshop kob but CAPES! http://www.angelfire.com/comics/coh_capes/

I hope it's fake....they look like they don't fit.

anyway....

Spoilers

SO! We come out of the second factory mission in SKy on the TF and SUPRISE!
big.gif

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"

DIE.gif

Then on to the Clockwork King!
CWK.gif

We win so the great Wasabiman meets up with Doc_Holliday and they dance...
dance.gif

but alas...the TF was long..not 5 hours long but long so the wasabiman had to pee...too bad the bathroom was locked...heheh
pee.gif

Wow thanks for the link to the capes GWM! After watching the video it looks real to me. That would be too hard to fake. The capes look really good, IMHO. They flow with the hero's movements pretty well. It's too bad he wasn't high level, I'd love to see how they move when flying or leaping.

I watched the video after I made that post...yea looks real. I hope that means they're right around the corner.

hmmm went to CoH.com and it seems the devs freaked killed the post and the link. From what I get of the whole situation, capes are done but won't be release till the next big update. Which suckes cause capes are the most wanted update and we'll probally have to swait till they get something stupid right like better NPC animation.

ok They didn't kill the link but the post, yet no one is willing post the link to the movie...wierd

according to the dev

Just to clarify, there wasn't any "leak". That video was made with early prototype cape technology / graphics tools that we never expected to go public with.

not a leak but they deleted the orginal cape post because??? It makes no sense...Devs said they abandoned capes cause early prototypes were stiff...now we see an "early prototype" and they aren't stiff at all. They actually look like that Jack "Statesman" said he wanted them to look like at the orgins conference...like the capes in Batman Rise of the Tsu...hmmmm

I posted the same thing sort on the boards basically they deleted the post cause they don't know what it is...but it's not a leak or a hack....

aparisi2274

I play, and I just did the Clockwork King TF the other night. It was to easy, because most of us were lvl 20 and 21. I tried to start a TFM mission in Independance Port, but the server went crazy and crashed and by the time I got on, nobody was around, and it was already midnight, and I didnt want to dedicate 4hrs to it tonight.

AeroGod

Great Wasabi Man said:
heheh....I got my second costume slot and created a secret identity...so does any one here still play?

Yeah, I actually saw you in the Icon Store tonight , probably when you were making your second costume. :p

Tortfeasor

It runs sweet as hell on my machine with little loading and running with everything set at max including resolution.

Specs:
P4 2.8 w/ 800mhz bus
1 gig ram
Gforce 5900 FX w/ 256 megs
DSL 3mb/256k
SB Live 2 Audigy

Hope that helps!!

SaitoH

Finally got to meet up with the original Samus Aran on justice (who is level 50!!!) and took a few pics.

SamusAran meets Samus Aran:

samusmeetssamus.jpg

From left to right: Abjure, SamusAran (me) and Samus Aran:

samuswaving.jpg

In our street clothes:

samusinstreetclothes.jpg

^w^

ps. Our designs are similar because after seeing pics posted here, he asked to copy mine.

aparisi2274

I just finished the Ind. Port task force mission last night, which was with the freakshow and the 5th. It took 4hrs to complete, but I got my character up to level 23. I have been buying some nice SO's, and all is right with the world.

I started to get bored around lvl 20. TF's are cool and all but it gets pretty boring. Nothing really to shoot for.

Anyway...some news for J000!

The cliffnotes version...then the actual quote

The next update is Sept/October, it WILL have capes BUT once you reach lvl 20. A bunch of new lower level zones...which is good since looking glass seems to be for people in the 40 range.

Respec mission about defending a nucilar power plant which if you succeed you can respec all you poweres. This can only be done every 10 levels.

NEW MISSIONS!! As in new art, new AI for every level. They want every mission to be unique.

More Costume customizing...Lvl 20 = Capes and Outfits, lvl 30 = Special effect for you body.

TP and Rez confirmation (funny they said there was no need for it when people complained), Multi-Zone LFT, and quick trading.

link: http://www.gamedaily.com/mmoguide/article.asp?aID=367

GameDAILY: What do you want to tell us about Update 2? What new features will there be?

Brian: It’s something we’ve been entrenched in for a couple of months. We expect to release it around the September/October timeframe.

Jack: We can earn their capes starting at level 20. There’s a whole storyline regarding why you can’t get it earlier. There is a new lower level zone called The Hollow. A new interdimensional zone called the Shadow Shard will introduce players to a conqueror named Rularuu the Ravager. The Terra Volta Trial will have players save the nuclear power plant from attack. If they succeed, they will be able to re-spec all their powers. You can do this trial once every ten levels, so you can choose to redo this should you have any powers you don’t like. We are also going to include mission customizations.

Our goal is to make every mission seem unique. We’re adding in new art, new A.I., and most importantly – new mission objectives. This isn’t just for high levels. This is for all levels. We’re going to have locked door technologies, wandering sentries, and new mission objectives that don’t necessarily include defeating everybody or freeing hostages.

At level 30, just capes and costumes are available at level 20, people can choose from ongoing special effects on their bodies. They can have flames around their head, crackling electricity around their body, or eyes that glow more prominently than they do currently. Then there are the quality of life issues. Teleport and resurrection confirmation will be included. We’re looking into a quick trade, where someone can give a person an inspiration quickly in the heat of battle. People will be able look for groups across zones. So, instead of being limited to one zone, they can see the entire server. There are other things too, but I don’t want to spoil you. It all depends on how hard the software guys can work and how difficult some issues are.

Brian: We go through a very rigorous process with these features of touching them up internally before getting them onto the external server. We’ll see how these things play out. If we have concerns about the overall quality or how they’re being received, we can make changes or put things off to another update. We’re very in tune with what the community is doing and how they’re playing the game. We want this to be their game. It’s Jack’s vision, and we want them to be able to share it in any way that they can. With everything that’s happening with Update 2 and all the events happening outside the game, I think we’ll see things cranked up to another level or two.

At this rate update #3 is COV.

Ah yes and I forgot...Jack...err...Statesman said on the CoH boards that Defenders are well..."broke" as it stands now. He admits they can be useless when they reach higher levels espcially agains Arch Villians, same with tanks....I dunno I like my defender, never really had a problem.

ManaByte

Ok, I finally reactivated my CoH account and made a character on Victory since everyone seems to be there. I used to play on Freedom.

I'll post a pic later.

shuri

Banned
You guys received issue #2 of the comic? I'm not really itno comic, but i think it's pretty cool that they try to create this whole atmosphere. This morning i played for 2 hours killing groups of zombies and those mad doctors and me and my teammates were cracking jokes all the time and we were trying to stay in character.

It felt such like the comic book. I can only play during weekends, but damn i love that game

ManaByte

Made two more characters:
screenshot_0021.jpg

Invader 77 - Gravity/Radiation Controller

and:
screenshot_0023.jpg

Scatwoman...as a joke. Will be deleted shortly :)

SaitoH

My level 15 Claw / SR scrapper: Agent Akai

AGENTAKAIPOSE.jpg

My level 8 Dark melee / inv scrapper: Erra

ERRA.jpg

Once he hits level 10 it will be the 4th time I've remade him. He was a MA / regen scrapper, but I hated the moves I picked so I remade him. Unhappy I made a Dark melee / regen scrapper, then decided to try something other than regen and ended up as a DM / Inv. Quite happy thus far and Dark melee rules!

^w^

4th time thats nothing there have been at least 10 Wasbimen, I recently re-rolled after hitting a dead spot post Lvl 20.

I re-re-re-re-re-rolled him but didn't get rid of my LvL 20 Great WasabiMan yet. I made him a Fire/Enegry blaster just cause the Fire/Fire blaster seems too weak when in melee range. Oh and it's just "Wasabi-Man" dropped the great part.

aparisi2274

FEATURES UPDATE #2 (goes live sometime between Aug-Oct)

The new generation of heroes knew they would find chaos in Paragon City. They knew they would find the wreckage of war, the cruelty of the wicked, and people badly in need of aid. They didn’t know the half of it. Now, new threats reveal themselves. The heroes must journey beneath the streets, where an ancient evil lurks. And they must travel to a twisted realm beyond this dimension, to confront:

A Shadow of the Past

2 New Zones:

* The Hollows – A subterranean realm beneath the city holds dangers beyond imagining – and a gateway of almost limitless power.
* The Shadow Shard – This deadly dimension is a mystery badly in need of solving, but at what cost?

New Villain Groups:

* Rularuu – Battle massive Brutes and fearsome Sentries in your efforts to learn about the Shadow Shard.
* Igneous – Face deadly Pumicites and molten Magmites in the Hollows.

features_update2_clip_image002.jpg

Trials:

* Terra Volta – In the devastation following the Rikti War, the Terra Volta reactor is Paragon City’s sole source of power. Unfortunately, the villains know this all too well.
* Eden - Battle the Devouring Earth and free captured heroes before they become the Devoured.
* Cavern of Transcendence – Discover what lies at the core of The Hollows.

Mission Enhancements:

* New custom mission artwork – See the marks the many strange villain groups have left upon their surroundings.
* New mission gameplay features – Smash stolen weapons to smithereens. Use teamwork to bypass Crey’s security protocols. Seek the key to the Outcasts’ inner sanctum – but watch out for the wandering patrols!

Features:

* Power Re-specification – The Terra Volta reactor has been running beyond full capacity for quite some time. Heroes who venture within it may experience untold side-effects.
* Capes at level 20 – Only those heroes who prove themselves worthy may wear this symbol of heroic might.
* Effects at level 30 – New visual effects add a whole new dimension to your character.
* Badges – Explore Paragon City and achieve badges to proudly display your accomplishments to other heroes.

features_update2_clip_image004.jpg

Many Quality of Life issues, including:

* Sidekick system – Sidekicking is now easier and more convenient than ever.
* Enhancement Inventory – View, remove and trade enhancements more easily.
* Give – Trade Inspirations or Enhancements quickly and easily – even during combat!
* Looking For Groups across zones – Put together a crack team on the fly.
* Teleportation\Resurrection confirmation – Confirmation windows put the power in your hands.
* Email Notification – In game alert when you receive email.
* Change Team Leader – Change your leader after team formation.

Product Specifications
Publisher: NCsoft
Developer: Cryptic Studios
Category: Massively Multiplayer Online
Pricing: Free Expansion
Release: September/October 2004

Willco

Hollywood Square
I've just started out with my first character -- ANCHORGUY.

"Todd Burgundy, son of Ron Burgundy, was accidentally transformed into a superhero when he discovered a magical katana after a ninja gang war erupted in his backyard. With his trusted katana named Shanks, he travels the globe dishing out justice and headlines known only as the vilgilante named ANCHORGUY."

He looks like Ron Burgundy, has a katana and can regenerate! Greatest superhero ever.

I reserved the names of other two superheroes that I've tinkered with since beta -- The Iron Colon and The Jewish Avenger, but I probably won't do the latter until capes are released and I don't care for the color scheme on The Iron Colon, yet.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've gotten back into this game a bit more now. Redcoat lives, and flies!

BTW, was there ever a SG created?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
About to cancel my account... haven't touched the game in over two weeks. =(

Still a great game, but I knew from early on that it couldn't last long before getting repetitive due to it's structure. Ah well, was fun while it lasted. =)

Issue #2 update pre-download has hit. I've had fun wth the new content (zones/badge hunting/capes/body efx/etc) on the test server and we should see it go LIVE this coming week if all goes well!

on Pinnacle:

Lvl35 Kinetics/Dark defender - Absinthe Moon, part of Endless Aegis (the premiere Defender exclusive SG)
Lvl24 Energy/Energy blaster - Cheyanne
Lvl17 Claws/Regen scrapper - Wolf's Child
Lvl14 Dark Melee/Invuln scrapper - Street Hawk
Lvl14 Rad/Rad defender - Cholorphyll
Lvl14 Invuln/Super Strength tanker - Kryptonian

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
The second update was this morning. Capes and new areas are now available. Good stuff! I'm level 21 now, still Doctor Savage on Victory.

Top Bottom