• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civil War 4 | Fighting game tournament | April 27-29

It does EVERYTHING. Controls space on the screen, keeps your opponent in block/hitstun forever, OTGs, covers approaches...

Best assist in the game, no question.

I think Wesker low shot is the best because it extends combos for every character in the game, and hits low to set up unblockables.

No, Wesker's is barely used knowadays for reason. All the high top tier characters outside of two and even mid don't need the Wesker OTG. Only a handful of characters actually need the assist where Akuma Tatsu/beam or arrows/Jam Session/Vajira/HM/Cold Stars/Drones etc fit on so many teams and give so much to any team they are on.

They serve so many purposes.

Wesker's gunshot OTG really is only useful with certain characters.

Wesker's low shot adds nothing to the neutral game though which is pretty damn important a lot of the time. The two together are probably good but talking individual assists, I'd have to put at least Jam Session and EMD above it. You also have to take the character on point into account as well. HM is no doubt top 3, at least in its current state.

Grakl

I'm surprised at how I saw so little Frank Wests, even in casuals and lower in the brackets. Maybe one or two people playing him on their teams.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
ROFL, Dimenion is a fucking bitch for blaming DJHuosons stick. I've played on that stick before and it is one of the best I have ever played on. Dude just could not handle he lost to a Hulk / Haggar player.

Also, OMG is Andre fucked his match. I mean you have vergil with meter for swords yet you try to run down the clock against phx. Wat.

Infinite

There are a lot of great assist in this game kinda silly to pin it down to just a couple without even considering team construction.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Yeah... I'm gonna catch some Zzz. This was an awesome day for stream monstering, but I'm just tired. Mahvel is gonna go on forever.

Stay safe and salt free, fellas. Night night.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DAT DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

EDIT: Yo who is this SnackPack guy and why is he so hype? Using that Spencer stuff Knives/Fanatiq use.

Azure J

Damn @ that shot through Morrigan's heart. XF3 Hawkeye is fucking terrifying when Gimlets are being handed out. Also cotdayum at the cross crossup from Snappack's Spencer.

Same here. Bad Hawkeye's. Why you no use his true strength of midrange mobile keepaway?

Morrigan, the flavor of the month and none of them as godlike as Chris G

Dahbomb

Marvel-GAF... WHAT I MISS?

Got the results for Marvel.

Top 16 Winners

DJ Huoshen (Felicia/Super-Skrull/Taskmaster)
TS|NerdJosh (Wesker/Morrigan/Doctor Doom)
MH|RayRay (Ryu/Magneto/Sentinel)
TA|Moons (Taskmaster/Amaterasu/Akuma)
TS|Fooblat (Hulk/Haggar/Wesker)

Top 16 Losers

TA|Predator (Haggar/Chris/Wesker)
PJS|BrettChronic (Nemesis T-Type/Trish/C.Viper)
Moose (Haggar/Chris/Wesker)
AG.MCZ|MarlinPie (C.Viper/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu)
BT|Dieminion (Viewtiful Joe/Doctor Strange/Morrigan)

The fuck? 3 Haggars in top 16? Also multiple Vipers in an EC tournament?

And yet again not Strider at EC means Morrigan gets to have a party again.

smurfx

get some go again
Marvel-GAF... WHAT I MISS?

Got the results for Marvel.

Top 16 Winners

DJ Huoshen (Felicia/Super-Skrull/Taskmaster)
TS|NerdJosh (Wesker/Morrigan/Doctor Doom)
MH|RayRay (Ryu/Magneto/Sentinel)
TA|Moons (Taskmaster/Amaterasu/Akuma)
TS|Fooblat (Hulk/Haggar/Wesker)

Top 16 Losers

TA|Predator (Haggar/Chris/Wesker)
PJS|BrettChronic (Nemesis T-Type/Trish/C.Viper)
Moose (Haggar/Chris/Wesker)
AG.MCZ|MarlinPie (C.Viper/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu)
BT|Dieminion (Viewtiful Joe/Doctor Strange/Morrigan)

The fuck? 3 Haggars in top 16? Also multiple Vipers in an EC tournament?

And yet again not Strider at EC means Morrigan gets to have a party again.
love seeing the mayor laying the pipe. 2 tasks as well. thanks for posting this as i didn't want to search for the results.

Dahbomb

Still got 6 more qualification spots to go. I am sure ChrisG is going to be in one of those (unless I am mistaken and he got eliminated already).

Those Haggars are going to be eliminated by the Morrigans. And I see NerdJosh is bandwagoning as always with that Morrigan + Doom pair.

The NerdJosh Bandwagon:

Day 1 MVC3 Release = Sentinel is SSS tier = Picks Arthur/Storm/Sentinel

Post Final Round MVC3 = She Hulk is top tier, Tron assist is broken = Picks She Hulk/Taskmaster/Tron

Pre/Post EVO MVC3 = Phoenix is broken, Dante is the true SSS tier character of the game, Haggar > Tron assist = Dante/Haggar/Phoenix

Day 1 UMVC3 Release = Frank West LVL5 is godlike, Wesker is best character in the game, Dante and Frank BFF = Frank/Dante//Wesker

Week 1 UMVC3 = Vergil is top tier, team trenchcoats is godlike = Vergil/Dante/Wesker

A few weeks/months later UMVC3 = Zero is best character in the game = Some Zero team that I can't remember right now

Current = Morrigan + Doom is S tier pair = Wesker/Morrigan/Doom

Top Bottom