• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization: Beyond Earth announced, Fall 2014, PC [Trailer, Details]

This is why i would personally like to see them bring it out on the PS4 or even X1. If my laptop can run Civ5, a PS4 could run it with no problems. And it's not a game with a overly complicated control scheme.

This PC elitism on GAF fucking kills me sometimes. It's worse then the everything must be 30k resolution 9000fps arguments.
GAF doesn't have much PC elitists. A few existed, but they got banned.

Teletraan1

Banned
Good. I wanted an AC type game. Even if they had to call it something else. Good on them for working around the nonsense in the games industry.

Armaros

Good. I wanted an AC type game. Even if they had to call it something else. Good on them for working around the nonsense in the games industry.

In the end it might be better for them to use the civilization name, its more widely known, and has been used recently.

I must have this game in my veins now even tho I'm already engrossed in AoW3.

Weeman0313

Neo Member
I'm a little bit afraid for this. Civ 5 took 2 very expensive expansions to make it enjoyable for me. I really hope that doesn't happen for this game.

ACIDTITAN

Banned
crazy-dance.gif

I wish it was just an expansion to Civ 5. I think it'd be awesome to have a long game where you conquer earth and then can travel in to space, only to conquer it slowly too. Some civ's would be stuck forever on earth and some would own entire planets.

Durante

Age of Wonders 3 and a spiritual successor of Alpha Centauri in the same year?

Where am I supposed to find the time for all those 1 more turns?

Weeman0313

Neo Member
Age of Wonders 3 and a spiritual successor of Alpha Centauri in the same year?

Where am I supposed to find the time for all those 1 more turns?

The only solution is to play both at the same time and while one is processing AI movement you play the other.

ITS THE ONLY WAY DURANTE

jph139

Awesome - never actually played the original Alpha Centauri but I've heard nothing but good things. Should definitely tide me over until Civ 6 at the very least.

Do we know if this is a full fledged game on its own, or if it is a pseudo-standalone expansion for Civ 5 like Civ 4: Colonization was for Civ 4?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
SMAC sequel in spriit? I'm onboard!

Just need equivalents of people like Lal, Dierdre, Morgan, Miriam, Santiago, etc.

brd

Neo Member
Wow, so hyped, just hope it doesn't feel as incomplete as vanilla civ 5 so you dont have to wait for two expansions before playing and even longer for the modders to get to civ 4 level.

I don't remember much of Alpha Centauri but what I do remember is being hopelessly addicted to it at a young age. My hype is rising quickly!

Zia

Please be good, please be good, please be good.

I also recently revisited Alpha Centauri and it was too archaic. Firaxis has been on a roll for a few years now so I have hope, even if it (probably) lacks the depth of AC.

nbthedude

I wish it was just an expansion to Civ 5. I think it'd be awesome to have a long game where you conquer earth and then can travel in to space, only to conquer it slowly too. Some civ's would be stuck forever on earth and some would own entire planets.

Nothing is stopping them from doing somethign like that. Crusader Kings and Europe Universalis IV link save games in a similar way. I doubt it, but it would be fucking rad for sure.

Top Bottom