• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

MoxManiac

Any good TH9 clan war army compositions?

Currently I'm running GoWiPw with 1 golem (+ 1 in cc), 3 pekkas, 20 wizzards, 20 archers, 5 wb and either one giant or hog to lure out cc. My spells are 1 heal, 1 jump, 2 rage and 1 poison.

I don't have any problem 2* pretty much any TH9 base and 3* every TH8, but i would like to get better with 3* TH9, since it's critical in clan war. Any tips what to swap etc.?

GoWiPe and GoWiWi are essentially 2 star strategies. GoHo is probably the best ground strategy for 3 stars at TH9 at the moment.

OneHive put out an updated video on it:

https://youtu.be/rZgFfNMEk7A

Will look into it, need to upgrade my Hogs first, I only have them at 2* and don't use them too much.

Unless your heros are maxed GoHog or GoLavaLoon are probably the best strategies.
If the enemy base is bad you can also 3-star with LoGoWiPe(when all air defesens are in the middle go in there with gowipe and once the ad is down send in some loons from the back end of the base to clear the rest.)
When you heros are high level you can also try walking queen strategies where you use the queen and 3 or 4 healers to clear basically one side of the base and then use a killsquad to get into the base and hogs for the rest. Thats probably the strongest strategie you can bring at TH9, but requires at least a level 25 queen.

piggychan

TH7 here and almost upgraded everything bar a few wall posts. I just quit my current clan due to leader being an ass at work. Can I join neogaf clan ?

Fell in love with maxed valkyries recently. Wrecking them maxed TH9 like its nothing.
These feisty little redheads are the best tanks and you wizards survive easily behind them.
If you funnel properly and aren't up against a very compartmentalized base Valks are the GOAT.
Of my last 6 attacks on maxed defenses TH9s(usual internet bases, no unique anti 3 stars bases) I got five 3-stars.

Fell in love with maxed valkyries recently. Wrecking them maxed TH9 like its nothing.
These feisty little redheads are the best tanks and you wizards survive easily behind them.
If you funnel properly and aren't up against a very compartmentalized base Valks are the GOAT.
Of my last 6 attacks on maxed defenses TH9s(usual internet bases, no unique anti 3 stars bases) I got five 3-stars.

What attack strategy are you using? Any video examples?

I tried the super queen strategy to farm dark elixir in champions league today.
3 raids, 11400 dark elixir, thats almost 4k dark elixir each raid, and I never searched for longer than a few mins.

I use 8 max healer, 8 wallbreaker, rest is lv 3 minions.
1 rage 3 healspells.
My queen is lv. 19.

demented

I can't seem to find a good clan. I was in one for a year (local) met many of people but some turned out to be such an assholes the atmosphere was too toxic for me I left. I tried few local clans but they all had shitty people or just kicked me out for no reason. Just got kicked for no damn reason and pissed, been with these people for few weeks, all friendly and good and random kick for no reason.
So any advice how to find a normal damn clan? I'm not part of any online community so dunno where to start. I like wars and clan that can do well in wars and is level 6 at least, any advice?

forgrim

I can't seem to find a good clan. I was in one for a year (local) met many of people but some turned out to be such an assholes the atmosphere was too toxic for me I left. I tried few local clans but they all had shitty people or just kicked me out for no reason. Just got kicked for no damn reason and pissed, been with these people for few weeks, all friendly and good and random kick for no reason.
So any advice how to find a normal damn clan? I'm not part of any online community so dunno where to start. I like wars and clan that can do well in wars and is level 6 at least, any advice?

Come join our GAF clan lol. We r chill 4 sure. Sometimes we do well in wars and other times we get matched w some bizarrely goodgroups hhaha

Matush

So my clanmate got hacked yesterday and was able to retrieve his base later today. 2 hours later he got banned for 31 days, bc in time when his base was taken, the hacker was using multiple accounts, which is agains ToS. Is there any way to unban him?

garrickk

If anyone is looking to join a clan, the Neogaf clan is losing a few people and could use some new blood. We have a good core, mostly TH9, active with wars once or twice a week , and will be level 5 soon.

We are the "more casual" Neogaf clan, and used to just war once a week, but lately moved to two.

Anyway, all levels and skills welcomed.

Garrick

Other members: Kalliban, Forgrim, the doombass, subzero-08, Nathan, Vinnayyy and more. Wars typically start Sunday/Wednesday night, PST.

If anyone is looking to join a clan, the Neogaf clan is losing a few people and could use some new blood. We have a good core, mostly TH9, active with wars once or twice a week , and will be level 5 soon.

We are the "more casual" Neogaf clan, and used to just war once a week, but lately moved to two.

Anyway, all levels and skills welcomed.

Garrick

Other members: Kalliban, Forgrim, the doombass, subzero-08, Nathan, Vinnayyy and more. Wars typically start Sunday/Wednesday night, PST.

Unfortunately I probably won't be back (Nathan here). My phone took a bath in August, and for some reason my replacement phone will not install the game :(

Big update hit yesterday.

Update 10/12 - Town Hall 11 (Grand Warden & Eagle Artillery)

One of the Biggest Clash Updates - Ever!
• Town Hall 11 is bursting onto the scene! BOOM!
• Grand Warden & Eagle Artillery: The most powerful and strategic additions ever!
• New troop levels, defense levels, and Clan Spell donation
• Attack through Shield at any time, but be sure to protect your Town Hall!
• Guard your play sessions when Shield is down and never get attacked off-guard again
• Goblins chasing Town Halls, bigger League Bonuses and Trophy offers, and so much more!

Turn It Up to TH11!
• Experience the biggest, baddest, most challenging Town Hall level ever: Town Hall 11!
• New Town Hall 11 hero Grand Warden can make armies nearly unstoppable!
• New Town Hall 11 defense Eagle Artillery delivers awe-inspiring devastation from afar
• More defenses, including an extra Cannon, Archer Tower, Wizard Tower and X-Bow!
• New Town Hall 11 levels for Minion, Witch, Wizard Tower and more!

Grand Warden: Your Army’s Newest Hero
• Harness powerful new battlefield tactics by boosting and protecting your troops
• The Grand Warden toughens all nearby troops and can make them temporarily invincible!
• He jumps, he flies - fit the Grand Warden into any strategy and make your army shine

Eagle Artillery: The Sleeping Sentinel
• This massive, long-range weapon obliterates poorly prepared attacking armies
• Volleys of explosive shells clobber tough troops and wear down others near the blasts
• Eagle Artillery only activates after many troops have been deployed, leaving the door open for tactical strikes and cunning multi-phase attacks!

Do the Spell Shuffle
• Request reinforcement spells, not just troops, starting from Clan Castle level 4
• Donated spells receive all existing Clan Perks benefits
• Freeze Spell is now unlocked at Town Hall 9 and has slightly longer duration on lower levels

Shields - Flexible and Fair Defense
• Town Hall destruction no longer grants a Shield - bring your Town Hall inside!
• You can attack while shielded at any time for just a small Shield reduction
• Get Shield at 30% destruction, more at 60%, but only when a sizable army attacks

Guard - Play Safe From Attackers
• Guard protects you from attacks and lets you attack others all you want
• Get free Guard when Shields expire and play freely without worry of being attacked
• Higher Leagues grant more free Guard - Titan I & Legend players get 100% coverage!
• 2 hours of extra Guard is available in the Shop every day

Richer Raiding: Loot and Trophies
• Town Halls now hold lots of available loot - destroy them in battle for a big payout!
• League Bonuses are bigger than ever, but scale with your destruction percentage
• Trophy offers get bigger and Trophy losses lower the higher your League!

Gameplay Balancing
• Battle time limit has been increased by 30 seconds
• Goblins now target the Town Hall and Clan Castle for 2x damage
• Rearm costs for all traps have been massively reduced
• Reload costs for X-Bows have been massively reduced
• Large amounts of Healers now have reduced effectiveness on the same unit
• Army boosts have been reduced to 5 gems for 1 hour of boost
• Cost for finding a match and ‘Nexting’ reduced for TH10
• Clan War Preparation Day has been reduced to 23 hours
• Troop combat and pathfinding AI has been polished up and tightened
• Available loot percentage on Town Hall levels 6-10 has been slightly increased
• Villages one Town Hall level lower are now worth slightly less loot
• The playing field and troop deployment area have both been expanded (outlying obstacles have been automatically moved)

Other Balancing and Improvements
• Two new achievements have been added: Anti-Artillery and Sharing is Caring
• Troop/Spell donation interface has been revamped and now shows existing donations
• Troops in Barracks can now be queued in sequence, similarly to the Spell Factory
• The Clan War button now animates when a war attack starts
• Active Shield or Guard can now be manually dismissed by tapping on the icon
• You can now be offline a bit longer before being made vulnerable to attack
• A special sound plays when finding a multiplayer target after 10 seconds of searching
• A special sound plays when no multiplayer targets are found and a search is cancelled
• Personal Break online-time limit has been reduced to 3 hours
• Personal Break limit is now extended instead of reset in some cases
• Multiplayer matchmaking is less likely to offer opponents under your Town Hall level (only below Champion League)

Protect your town halls everyone! Biggest update I've seen since I started playing.

appears to be a game killer for me. I already don't have time to raid very often, now I can't even put my town hall outside and hope for a snipe. nope, every attack on me now costs me the full resources available. eh, you had a good run coc

Talonz

I don't care for the update either. Seems like a gems buying patch. While Supercell as a company I can agree with but as a non-gem buyer I can't. Might be time to uninstall and stick with Boom Beach.

Kalliban

Neo Member
We need more active players in the NeoGAF clan! Come war with us!

It's called Neogaf (clantag: #2RV2GQR) and right now we have 16 members and 10522 trophies. We war twice per week!

Ensirius

appears to be a game killer for me. I already don't have time to raid very often, now I can't even put my town hall outside and hope for a snipe. nope, every attack on me now costs me the full resources available. eh, you had a good run coc
Unfortunately I am really really trying not to be pesimistic but this is the final conclusion I get to everytime I try...

I think the new update eleminates some cheeses like putting the townhall on the outside(which kinda goes against the purpose of a townhall).

But it makes the game a lot harder for less active players. No matter how good your base is you will almost always get raided by someone who is a lot stronger than you, you will lose ressources.
Unless you're active enough to get at least 3-4 successful raids in between beeing raided yourself, you'll have a hard time saving up ressources.

They also fucked up balancing for TH9.
TH9 was perfect a few months ago. They came the poison spell making it easier, and now we get another dark spell(we can now quakezap two air defenses...) and 30 more seconds.
Getting 3 stars at TH9 is now as easy as TH7 and TH8 3 stars...
Hopefully Th10 will be balanced now.

So newcomers who want to enjoy balanced war gameplay will now have to play until Th10 because the balancing on TH7,8 and 9 is broken.

Not very happy with the update.

Getting a 3 star at TH8 is not easy... at least not for me. Dragon pathing has to work out perfectly or else you're getting 2 stars at best. I'm getting close to max TH8 and I still get 1 star attacks against other TH8s pretty often with mass Drags.

Getting a 3 star at TH8 is not easy... at least not for me. Dragon pathing has to work out perfectly or else you're getting 2 stars at best. I'm getting close to max TH8 and I still get 1 star attacks against other TH8s pretty often with mass Drags.

How are you attacking?
Dragloon isn't that hard. Zap one air defense, funnel your dragons correctly so they reach the remaining two ADs as fast as possible and place donated max loons behind them(they can reach the air defenses even faster, time them so that they are still behind the dragons when the air defenses start targeting the dragons)

Comes down to experience I guess. But the warclans have moved on from TH8 for a reason. Everyone was 3-starring TH8 everytime and the attack strategies aren't very variable.

You have Dragloon, that works on any base.
And you have Hogs, works on any base, too, if you know how to avoid double-bomb spots. Lv. 4 hogs annihilate TH8 defenses.

Problem is most people move on to the next townhall level before maxing out their troops and learning the attack strategies properly.
At TH8 thats already a problem. Most TH8s never attack with lv. 4 hogs because they move on to TH9 before they have lv. 4 hogs.
But at TH9 this get even worse, only very few TH9 actually have the patience to max out their heros(lv. 30) and walls because even when you're super active that takes well over a year without gems.
But you can't expect to do well in clan wars when you don't max out your base and troops. It may take a while, but you need that time practicing anyways. Getting two war attacks every other day means that it'll take months to get your strategies down.
How to deploy your loons in a GoLavaLoon attack, or how to deploy hogs surgically isn't something you can pick up from a few youtube videos. It takes practice, months of practice.

Now war clans will move on from TH9 because it has become too easy. They were already 3 starring all TH9s, match up between war clans were always decided by who got more 3 stars on TH10, because 3 stars on every TH9 were a give.
And now 3-starring has become even easier.

But the war community is very small. Most clans will continue to bring lame gowipe attacks or hilariously bad executed hybrid attacks they saw on youtube(not that thats a bad thing, trying good attacks and failing is still infinitely better than doing gowipe) and they will continue to have a hard time 3-starring bases.

My clan has over 100 war wins and we rarely are matched( I think war wins have an influence on matchmaking) with other clans who know what they are actually doing. The last time I saw a well executed hybrid attack against us was probably 10 or 15 wars ago.
And I have yet to see a queenwalk by any of our enemies, even though queenwalks are the most powerful attack strategy you have at TH9.

Just started my TH9 upgrade and man, I'm probably going to regret it with these new updates. Just don't raid often enough to keep up. That or I'm just going to be a low TH9 forever.

Matush

Anybody knows whats the name of this base layout. I've been trying to find this layout on Youtube, but with no luck, any tips?

12346534_1020420879947ryox.jpg

How are you attacking?
Dragloon isn't that hard. Zap one air defense, funnel your dragons correctly so they reach the remaining two ADs as fast as possible and place donated max loons behind them(they can reach the air defenses even faster, time them so that they are still behind the dragons when the air defenses start targeting the dragons)

Comes down to experience I guess. But the warclans have moved on from TH8 for a reason. Everyone was 3-starring TH8 everytime and the attack strategies aren't very variable.

You have Dragloon, that works on any base.
And you have Hogs, works on any base, too, if you know how to avoid double-bomb spots. Lv. 4 hogs annihilate TH8 defenses.

Problem is most people move on to the next townhall level before maxing out their troops and learning the attack strategies properly.
At TH8 thats already a problem. Most TH8s never attack with lv. 4 hogs because they move on to TH9 before they have lv. 4 hogs.

I attack with Dragons + donated max Balloons. I used 1 Rage and 2 Heal spells. I used to use 3 Lightning but I found my Dragons getting chewed up once they got to the center of the base with the 2 Air Defenses + Archer Towers + Teslas attacking them. I will try it again though.

I actually do have level 4 Hog Riders because I knew they were one of the best TH8 troops. But I haven't used them in war yet because I couldn't spare the DE cost. I don't play often (haven't raided in months) so DE is not in abundance for me.

garrickk

Unfortunately I probably won't be back (Nathan here). My phone took a bath in August, and for some reason my replacement phone will not install the game :(
That sucks. I guess I would suggest restoring the phone to a clean device and reloading from scratch. It would be great to have you back. TH11 has added a lot of interesting twists. If Clash doesn't load on the phone, something is wrong!

Kalliban is TH10, I'm moving up now, and we still have a great core of engaged players. Wars are always fun and interesting. We make our attacks. Moved to 1 war a week for a bit.

Join Neogaf clan everyone. Dust off your base and jump back in.

Zapquake is a really overpowered strategy at TH9 right now.

You can always zapquake two airdefenses and all you have to do then is get another air defense, the enemy queen and the clancastle with you killsquad.

I've used the strategy for the past 3 wars and got five 3-stars in 6 attacks, all were first attacks on maxed TH9s.
Thats a good quota.

Few things I have learned:
1. Don't underestimate point defenses.
Even though you eliminated the air defenses, there is still a lot of dmg coming towards your loons. And because you have less lavahounds, your loons will eat most of the airbombs.
So while you can go with 14-16 loons in the usual lavaloon attacks where you have 3, 4 or more lavahounds, in the zapquake attacks you'll need more loons. I usually go with 20.

2. Even when you can take out all the air defenses with zapquake and killsquad, you still need a lavahound, just for tanking. Remember that you don't have any spells to speed up the loons. Especially when they run into an airsweeper this can cost you.
The one raid I failed was because there were 4 teslas and 2 archertowers in the middle of the base and they ripped through my lavahound and loons because my troops flew against an airsweeper.

3. Don't use two golems in your killsquad when you can only get one air defense with it.
Two golems for two air defenses are fine, two golems for one air defense aren't worth it.

4. Always have one more lavahound than air defenses are left.
One AD left? Take two lavas.
No AD Left? One lava.
Two ADs Left? Might want to try another strategy.

6. Lv 6 Lightningspell and lv. 1 earthquake spell are enough to take out maxed TH9 AD.
Observe where two ADs are close enough so you can hit them both with one quake. Then you can take a poison spell or haste with you.

Tips to defend against zapquake:

1. Don't have airdefenses on the way to your queen. When the attack can take out an airdefense with his killsquad for CC and queen the base is basically done.
He can zapquake two more and your base is left with onyl one AD and the attacker still has at least 150 troopspaces worth of army left.

2. Teslafarm protected by airsweepers.
The only weekness of zapquake is the slow loons. You should have at least 4-6 point defense units in the middle of your base protected by air sweepers.

3. Witches in the CC.
Since all the spells are used to take out two airdefenses, there is no room for a poison spell. The killsquad is also usually thightly calculated and a witch can really fuck the whole plan up.

So far this strategy isn't used a lot. But its very easy and effective, so I guess it will become popular.
Right now most bases aren't built in a way to defend against it, so its especially effective right now. But with time people(only people in war clans, normal clans probably won't change their base designs) will adapt and that will make their bases vulnerable against other strategies.
The suicide dragon strategy is something that evolved after people offset their queen from all the air defenses, in order to prevent a killsquad from getting an air defense, but that made the queen an easy target for dragons and it result in one half of the base beeing basically without any air defenses.

z3phon

Never really played any games on my phone decided to download this and I kinda like what I've played.
Got a quick question about Gems. Is there some consistent way to earn gems like daily missions or something?
I used my initial gems without realizing the value. I only have 2 builders hut and would like to build another one but I need 300 more gems for that? Other than buying gems how could someone earn gems in game without spending actual money.

demented

Never really played any games on my phone decided to download this and I kinda like what I've played.
Got a quick question about Gems. Is there some consistent way to earn gems like daily missions or something?
I used my initial gems without realizing the value. I only have 2 builders hut and would like to build another one but I need 300 more gems for that? Other than buying gems how could someone earn gems in game without spending actual money.

Achievements, look which ones are easiest to do and work toward them. You'll get gem boxes spawn from time to time that net you 25 gems and that's about it.

Just got back into playing CoC. I'm a th9 (but the defenses are all around th8 level) and really need a good th9 base design and raiding strategy. I can barely keep 500,000 gold/elixer since I get raided so constantly. Help

Eklipsis

Anyone still play this? I know I'm a bit behind but just downloaded it this weekend and I'm hooked. Saw that there was a Neogaf clan and requested an invite.

imek

So a bit of a bump, looking to join the clan (along with two friends I know personally), we've been in various clans that ended up just becoming idle as active members moved on from the game. First one got up to Lvl5, before coming in active and this splinter one is at Lvl3, but again members becoming inactive, and getting harder to get randoms that stick around and continue playing for wars.

We're all TH9 (I'm about a month or two into TH9, one is in the latter stages of TH9 and one is basically an 8.5).

TLDR: Two friends and me wanting to join the neogaf clan, all TH9.

Also, with the recent anniversary update, gem boost on resource collectors are 1 gem per tower for 7days worth of boost :)

Hey so. Need some advice. Trying to link a second profile on my android. Now i have 2 google accounts listed. I made a new village, re-downloaded my th9 account and booted that up no problem. Now when i try to switch back it asks me if i want to delete my th9. And asks i put a confirm message in a warning phase. Is this a forever deletion? Or will i still be able to load it back up indefinately when i want to switch?

demented

The clan could use some more people if anyone's in need of one or wanna switch. Lately it has become less active but we still war once a week or so, could use some fresh blood.
Just search neogaf, we're level 6, shouldn't be too hard to find

Top Bottom