• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

broz0rs

TH8 is brutal so far... I've lost over a million gold/elixir in the last couple days from raids. I got the advice to push up to Crystal because more players are looking to snipe your TH instead of going for an all-out loot. I'm mostly running into the opposite right now — lots of people going only for my loot and ignoring my exposed TH (so I get a shorter shield and they don't gain trophies).

You are correct. TH8 is probably the worst because upgrades start to cost millions and you will be a target for TH9 players that wants some of that. There is almost nothing you can do from getting 100% wiped out if they choose to.

I would not push towards Crystal because who will you be able to attack? Unless you're content at sitting on resources then it's okay, but the threat of high level players scouting your base constantly is risky.

My advice is don't store up multiple resources at once. For example, if you're storing up for a unit upgrade (Dragon for example), don't save up on gold and dump it into walls. Once you've exhausted your elixirs, go ahead and save up on gold for your next defense upgrade.

In th8 I lived off batching for 50% for the crystal bonus, and whatever dead clans I could find. When the costs hit the high ends and I was done with king upgrades, I dropped down to gold 3 to farm. You have to stay online u till you hit your target, you cannot put the game down with 2m of each resource in the bank, you are asking for trouble.

In th8 I lived off batching for 50% for the crystal bonus, and whatever dead clans I could find. When the costs hit the high ends and I was done with king upgrades, I dropped down to gold 3 to farm. You have to stay online u till you hit your target, you cannot put the game down with 2m of each resource in the bank, you are asking for trouble.

Yeah, this bothers me, too. Especially at TH9 and higher where you have to get about 5mil of a ressource for basically every building you have to farm to your target in one sitting because a soon as you put the game down someone will raid you and steal 400.000 each. (it not like a TH9 base can do anything against maxed giants and 5 maxed healspells. Fuckers will just walk through the base.)

When you are active the game instantly puts you as possible target when you stop playing for a second. When you are less active you can easily go 24h without anyone raiding you even though your mines and pumps are full and you basically offer free ressources.

demented

Any people pro at attacking? I need tips on how to 3 star this base. I have included my army in the pics, the only difference is my queen will be level 7 by the time war starts. Also I'm researching balloons 6 and will have lava at later day but that's for then.

knXW5uz.jpg

My clan has been having issues lately at war, I think it's because middle (th9s) are having hard time getting 3 starts on other th9, and th10s are rarely getting 3rd stars and helping but rather wasting attacks on strongest opponents where they sometimes get 1 or even 2 but most often 1 attack is wasted at least. And noone up there wants to change, they are "strongest" and must attack strongest people sigh, so it's hard to try new things.

Any people pro at attacking? I need tips on how to 3 star this base. I have included my army in the pics, the only difference is my queen will be level 7 by the time war starts. Also I'm researching balloons 6 and will have lava at later day but that's for then.

knXW5uz.jpg

My clan has been having issues lately at war, I think it's because middle (th9s) are having hard time getting 3 starts on other th9, and th10s are rarely getting 3rd stars and helping but rather wasting attacks on strongest opponents where they sometimes get 1 or even 2 but most often 1 attack is wasted at least. And noone up there wants to change, they are "strongest" and must attack strongest people sigh, so it's hard to try new things.

Strongest attacks at TH9 are GoLavaLoon, GoHog and LoGoWiPe.
That base is a TH9 variation of the Dragonflower, a popular TH10 base design.
LoGoWiPe is difficult with this one.
In theory you break through to middle and hope that you get all the air defense so your back end loons can do the rest. But since the air defenses in this base are pretty spread out this is going to be hard.

GoLavaLoon would go like this:
Send golem and king and queen (few wizards to creat funnel) to kill enemy queen, enemy clancastle and at least one air defense. You will probably need a jumpspell, too.
Then 3 lavas for all the remaining air defenses and spread loons(maxed of course, don't try it with lv. 5 loons) nicely around the base.
This would easily crush this base but your heros are a bit low. With high level heros you'd easily take out queen, cc-troops and two air defenses, but your heros will have a hard time even getting one air defense and with 3 air defenses remaining your loon drop needs to be spot on.
Without any experience this is going to be hard, too.

A few weeks ago penta lava loon would've worked, too. But since the patch the lava pups aren't targeting the queen as agressively anymore, so the queen would probably end up taking out all your loons.

GoHog is similar to GoLavaLoon:
Kill the queen and clancastle with a golem and your heros(and few wiz), then send in the hogs. Heal placement important.
But this base has places for double giant bombs(hogs dead instantly) and your hogs are only lv. 4. One certain bomb place is in the compartment where the king is.(maybe you'll even be able to pop these bombs with you killsquad for the queen.) Where the other bombs are is hard to say. Looks like the only other place where two giant bombs fit is right next to the king compartment where the xbow is. But it doesn't make much sense to have two double giant bombs right next to each other. Everything else are places for single giant bombs, if you're quick with your heal spells you can deal with them.
Maybe if someone attacks this base first and you know the bomb places you can work around them, but without knowing bomb places its risky. A skilled hogger could maybe go surgical on this base so only a few of your hogs die because of double giant bombs, but you'd need lv. 5 hogs and a lot of experience for that.

Sooo, easy three star would be GoLavaLoon with high level heros, but with your heros its difficult, not impossible but difficult, especially with no experience.
Thing is when GoLavaLoon goes south you end up with zero stars or one star, same for GoHog.
LoGoWipe on the other hand gets you 2 stars easily, but the 3rd star is very hard.

If someone can donate a maxed golem you can try your luck with GoLavaLoon, it probably won't work but you have to start practising it at some point anyways.
If you want to play it safe go for LoGoWipe, should be two stars, maybe with a lot of luck 3 stars.
But its not the ideal strategy here, that would be GoLavaLoon with high level heros.

LoGoWiPe:
Go in from the top left side.
2 golems, both for the middle compartment on the top left side, 2 wallbreakers. Don't place them behind the golems or the will get fucked by a mortar.
Spread wizard behind the golems, when the outside buildings are gone place pekkas(2). The enemy clancastle should pull your troops into the townhall compartment, so don't use a jumpspell for that. Make sure there are enough wizard behind the pekkas because pekkas take ages to kill cc-troops. Also they should be under rage at this point. Open up the three central compartments with a jump spell. Place jump spell on enemy clancastle for that. Keep your troops under rage and heal in the middle(bring 2 rage, 1 jump, 1 heal) and hope that they'll take out all the air defenses.
Once the air defenses are down start with your back end loons. You don't need to wait till both are down, as soon as one side is down place the loons there, 2 for each remaining defense. The earlier you place them the better, because as long as the archer and wizard towers are still targeting your troops in the middle the loons will have a good time. But don't place them when air defense is still standing because then loons will have a bad time.
If this doesn't work out you'll have at least two stars.
If GoHog and GoLavaLoon don't work out you'll end up with zero or one star.

Here is a site where they collect tutorials on how to beat certain popular bases: http://www.gadihh.com/base-beat.html
The TH10 dragonflower is amoung them, check it out maybe.

Advice time: For those of you who are Town Hall 7 and below, I highly recommend staying at TH7 until you completely max everything out. I know that sounds obvious, since most people advise maxing a TH before moving on, but it's especially important for TH7. This is because, as discussed earlier, TH8 is much more costly and difficult than TH7 and below. TH7 was so (comparatively) easy that I barely ever raided for resources; I just maxed my collectors and was able to survive off the income from them. That is no longer possible at TH8.

I've been getting a little help from the YouTube channel Clash With Ash, who makes some good videos where he explains attack and defense strategy. His TH8 Dragon attack guide was really helpful, if not solely for teaching me to deploy 2 Dragons at the beginning of the raid to cut off the side alleys so the main fleet attacks the center of the base.

My clan finally reached clanlevel 5 (donated troops gain one level), which is kinda early for a clan that mostly does 10v10 wars, I guess.
Anyways, this bonus is great, especially since we don't have any Th10s in the clan and can now donate maxed golems and wizards anyway.

I also found a good way to get ressources at Th9 now. I went to masters league and farming betwen 2600 and 2800 trophies is really great.
Townhall sniping gives you 100k each and 500 dark elixir, which quickly adds up. Finding snipable townhalls isn't always easy, one time I farmed 20 mins and found 8 townhalls(which is 800k each and 4k dark elixir in 20 mins, no real troop costs) other times I look for 20 mins and only find one outside townhall, which barely makes up for the gold spent searching.
But I also find townhalls with a lot a of loot in the mines every now and then, and some TH8s where I can just barch my way into the base. These raids(if I get to 50% or the TH) usually get me around 300-400k each(including the bonus) and a good amount of dark elixir. Downside is that I have to wait for a few mins to rebuild the barch army and often times I use all my rage spells and my heros die when I go into a base. So its only TH sniping for the next 45mins.
Overall I really like it at TH9 now.

basik

I just started playing this on my phone.. I need a clan to join and didnt want to just join a random one... where is GAF clan? and no I didnt read this whole thread. I have 2 level 4 cannons and 2 level 4 archer towers and a mortar so I've been able to defeat most of the people that attack me so far...but I know someone is gonna kick my ass so I need a clan.

I just started playing this on my phone.. I need a clan to join and didnt want to just join a random one... where is GAF clan? and no I didnt read this whole thread. I have 2 level 4 cannons and 2 level 4 archer towers and a mortar so I've been able to defeat most of the people that attack me so far...but I know someone is gonna kick my ass so I need a clan.

Yes there is a neogaf clan. You should be able to search for it and request an invite.

How do you guys BARCH against bases TH8 and above? I finally upgraded my Barbs and Archers to level 5, but my BARCH armies still get decimated against (well-designed) maxed TH7 bases and above. The splash damage from the Mortars and Wizard Towers is just too much, especially when combined with a good funneling base design. I upgraded my Giants to level 5 and started using GiBARCH armies, but I still don't get too far against any non-rushed TH8. Here are the 4 main BARCH variations I use:

BARCH — [100 Barbs], [92 Archers], [4 Wall Breakers]

GiBARCH — [16 Giants], [40 Barbs], [72 Archers], [4 Wall Breakers]

BAG — [76 Barbs], [68 Archers], [48 Goblins], [4 Wall Breakers]

BAM — [80 Barbs], [72 Archers], [4 Wall Breakers], [20 Minions]

Am I doing it wrong? I usually try to attack a base from 2 sides at once. I initially deploy a small wave of Barbs and Archers to destroy the outer buildings, and then I deploy the main waves + Wall Breakers to bust in. If the base is weak I overrun it, but if it's a good design my troops are funneled into splash damage zones and wiped out. I thought the GiBARCH setup would help with this, but I've had disappointing results so far.

On ipad:

I take my two index fingers and start at the top with archers and circle at a medium pace around to the bottom then switch to barbs until empty then back to archers until they're out.

also carry 10 wbs just in case.

also lightning to hit the king's base or something else low level to get the last % or two if needed.

edit: you have to hit bases that have a pretty fair chunk of buildings outside the walls-count how many are in and out. you'll learn to eyeball this pretty quickly before nexting.

How do you guys BARCH against bases TH8 and above? I finally upgraded my Barbs and Archers to level 5, but my BARCH armies still get decimated against (well-designed) maxed TH7 bases and above. The splash damage from the Mortars and Wizard Towers is just too much, especially when combined with a good funneling base design. I upgraded my Giants to level 5 and started using GiBARCH armies, but I still don't get too far against any non-rushed TH8. Here are the 4 main BARCH variations I use:

BARCH — [100 Barbs], [92 Archers], [4 Wall Breakers]

GiBARCH — [16 Giants], [40 Barbs], [72 Archers], [4 Wall Breakers]

BAG — [76 Barbs], [68 Archers], [48 Goblins], [4 Wall Breakers]

BAM — [80 Barbs], [72 Archers], [4 Wall Breakers], [20 Minions]

Am I doing it wrong? I usually try to attack a base from 2 sides at once. I initially deploy a small wave of Barbs and Archers to destroy the outer buildings, and then I deploy the main waves + Wall Breakers to bust in. If the base is weak I overrun it, but if it's a good design my troops are funneled into splash damage zones and wiped out. I thought the GiBARCH setup would help with this, but I've had disappointing results so far.

I have ditched the wall breakers tbh. I can usually squeak to %50 with just barch and my heroes.

I've started researching Archers level 6. I'm wondering how useful this is going to be, it is the last of my useful elixer upgrades at th9. the upgrade improves the archer by only 2 dps and 4 hps but increases the cost (significantly imho) from 200 to 300 per unit. doesn't seem like a great trade off, it will pretty dramatically increase the cost of training a barching army for not much more hitting power. Any experiences with this?

I've started researching Archers level 6. I'm wondering how useful this is going to be, it is the last of my useful elixer upgrades at th9. the upgrade improves the archer by only 2 dps and 4 hps but increases the cost (significantly imho) from 200 to 300 per unit. doesn't seem like a great trade off, it will pretty dramatically increase the cost of training a barching army for not much more hitting power. Any experiences with this?

HP increase doesn't seem like much but with it your archers survive one more shot of certain defensive buildings, so while its only a few % increase in hp its effectively a pretty significant advantage.
Imagine archer towers taking 3 shots instead of 2 to take out one archer. Thats a big deal.

Matush

HP increase doesn't seem like much but with it your archers survive one more shot of certain defensive buildings, so while its only a few % increase in hp its effectively a pretty significant advantage.
Imagine archer towers taking 3 shots instead of 2 to take out one archer. Thats a big deal.
Yup, this is the way I look at it.

Yesterday my clan finally reached level 5 (25v25 wars). Feels good.

On ipad:

I take my two index fingers and start at the top with archers and circle at a medium pace around to the bottom then switch to barbs until empty then back to archers until they're out.

also carry 10 wbs just in case.

also lightning to hit the king's base or something else low level to get the last % or two if needed.

edit: you have to hit bases that have a pretty fair chunk of buildings outside the walls-count how many are in and out. you'll learn to eyeball this pretty quickly before nexting.

I have ditched the wall breakers tbh. I can usually squeak to %50 with just barch and my heroes.

Thanks for the tips guys.

One of you says to use 10 Wall Breakers and one of you says not to use any at all lol. ;) TBH I'm not sold on them either. Especially because this Reddit thread a couple weeks ago pointed out that WBs seem to be bugged right now. I've noticed it too — I deploy 2 WBs in the same spot and they run to different areas. :\

broz0rs

In my experience, I find spamming my wall breakers work the best and that they will all typically make a beeline towards the direction you send them. If I try to launch them in pairs, they're like drunk sailors. Spamming them won't make it efficient, but it's so much better than hitting useless walls.

Thanks for the tips guys.

One of you says to use 10 Wall Breakers and one of you says not to use any at all lol. ;) TBH I'm not sold on them either. Especially because this Reddit thread a couple weeks ago pointed out that WBs seem to be bugged right now. I've noticed it too — I deploy 2 WBs in the same spot and they run to different areas. :\

If you use wall breakers you simply target different bases than you would without.

Neither option is wrong, but a different choice required that you approach raiding differently.

Yup, this is the way I look at it.

Yesterday my clan finally reached level 5 (25v25 wars). Feels good.

Good points, we'll see how it translates. I will definitely have to be a bit more choosey in targeting since the cost will go up by about 10k elixir per battle. That will hopefully mean that any 47% flubs are going to be 52%wins.

Just a tip: I just encountered a clan and all their TH9s have the exact same base design.
Don't do this people, even if you think your base design is good(in this case it isn't even good xD), once the certain design is cracked your bases are going to have a bad time.

It took us only one failed attempt to develop a reliable 3 star strategy, and now all their TH9s are going down.
Base design in question:
hQWvSW1.png

Just a note for those who also play Boom Beach (since we've previously discussed it in this thread), I started an OT for Boom Beach discussion:

Boom Beach |OT|

And back on topic, the new update seems interesting. Started building the Dark Spell Factory. Can't wait to give the new spells a shot in our next war. Also liking the changes to troop management.

Interesting update. BARCH got nerfed (costs more elixir, building HP got increased, faster Archer Towers), no more using Lightning spell on storages, and Wall Breakers got fixed (yay)!

Update notes:

Update 01/07 - Dark Spell Factory

The Rise of Master Spellcasters and Legends
* The Dark Spell Factory is here with three new spells!
* Dragon level 5 sets its golden gaze on Town Hall 10
* A second Air Sweeper will help clear the skies, starting at Town Hall 9
* New Leagues are here, including the Legend League Tournament and Legend Trophies!

The Dark Spell Factory
* Harness Dark Elixir to make spells with advanced tactics, starting at Town Hall 8
* Poison Spell: Make a toxic cloud that slows and drains the health of defending troops
* Earthquake Spell: Rattles away the hitpoints from buildings and Walls
* Haste Spell: The fastest speed boost ever, at half the storage space of a Rage Spell
* These Dark Spells take half the space of regular spells. Mix, match and experiment!

New Leagues and the Legend League Tournament
* Introducing Titan League and the ultra-prestigious Legend League at 5000 Trophies!
* Legend League Tournaments are a new challenge for top players, ending once a month
* Tournament Legends get their final standings featured in the Top Players tab and profile
* Each tournament resets Legends to 5000 Trophies and converts extras into permanent Legend Trophies!

Game Balancing
* Training times in the Spell Factory have been reduced
* Extra Spells can now be queued in Spell Factories, even if your Spell Storage is full
* All resource storages are now immune to all direct spell damage
* Clan Tournaments are one month long and award more gems to more players per Clan
* Barbarian, Archer, Dragon and P.E.K.K.A training cost adjusted for some levels
* Several building hitpoint values have been increased
* Inferno Tower's Single firing mode now charges to full power slightly faster
* Dragon level 4 has been moved to Town Hall 9
* Archer towers arrows travel faster so they "miss" less of their shots at range

A.I. Improvements
* Troops and Heroes are less likely to target walls unnecessarily (even the Archer Queen)
* Troops and Heroes will not continue bashing through walls to get to a destroyed target
* Wall Breakers now avoid retargeting towards unnecessary walls when deployed in groups
* Fixed rare cases where defending Heroes or defenses might get stuck and not attack

Interface Improvements
* Train your army with a new Training button just above Attack - no more Barracks-hunting
* Army Overview lets you view, request troops and edit your army, including spells!
* Quick-tabs have been added to training views to make cycling between buildings easier
* Troop selection when attacking has been cleaned up with new visuals and sounds
* You can now filter offensive Clan Chat by enabling the Clan Chat Filter in the Settings
* Arabic and Traditional Chinese languages are now supported!

If you use wall breakers you simply target different bases than you would without.

Neither option is wrong, but a different choice required that you approach raiding differently.

Yeah I suppose it's a difference in what you want to spend more of — weaker armies like BAM will cost more gold because you will be hitting "Next" more in order to find weak bases with good loot, while strong armies cost more elixir but allow you to be less picky with bases.

I don't think so.
4 air defenses and two air sweepers are still way to hard for dragons, even dragons lv. 5 wouldn't be enough I guess.

I find air sweepers kind of lame. They hurt dragons, which are not even an issues past lvl8, but also really hurt Balloons, which are the only real alternative to gowipe and hogs.

I find air sweepers kind of lame. They hurt dragons, which are not even an issues past lvl8, but also really hurt Balloons, which are the only real alternative to gowipe and hogs.
Yeah, but you can have 9 haste spells with you for your Lavaloon attacks.
And there really is no reason to take rage over haste spells because loons don't really benefit from the damage boost. Every building goes down after two bomb drops anyways and with multiple loons on each building the dmg boost effect is lost.

I think LavaLoon attacks with 9 haste spells will rock pants off.

Yeah, but you can have 9 haste spells with you for your Lavaloon attacks.
And there really is no reason to take rage over haste spells because loons don't really benefit from the damage boost. Every building goes down after two bomb drops anyways and with multiple loons on each building the dmg boost effect is lost.

I think LavaLoon attacks with 9 haste spells will rock pants off.

Hrm, I suppose I have yet to have a chance to play with the new spells.

Here's a little "pro tip" that I'm sure many of you figured out ages ago but I'm stupid so I just got it:

Build your troops in multiples of 4.

It makes for a cleaner Barracks setup, since you will have the same amount of troops cooking in each Barrack.

Example:

Luap's BAG (Barbarians + Archers + Goblins) Army
[76 Barb] + [68 Arch] + [48 Gob] + [4 Wall Breakers]
Which comes out to:
[19 Barb] + [17 Arch] + [12 Gob] + [1 WB] in each (level 9) Barrack

I recently pushed to champions league for the 2000 gem achievement and found out that its quite an effective way of farming.
I'm a TH9 and I attacked with Hogs, my army composition was
28 Hogs(lv. 5)
8 Wizards(lv. 5)
20 bars(lv.5)
12 archers(Lv. 5)
8 Wallbreakers

At first I started pushing with barch, which worked fine up until 2600 trophies or so, then there were to few townhalls on the outside and its hard to get to 50% with lv 5 barch against a TH9.
Now, I wasn't pushing hard, I just farmed normally and tried to not lose trophies in my attacks and slowly I worked my way up.
At some point I decided to use hogs, because my dark elixir storage was full and I didn't have any builders free, so I needed to waste my dark elixir.
Little did I know that farming with hogs was so much fun, you can make about one attack every hour or so, you can crush any TH8 and most TH9s partially, inactive TH10 with empty infernos also work.
Even though 28 hogs cost 1800 dark elixir to build, I quickly gained dark elixir because most raids bring in about 3000 if you count the loot bonus.
My best raid brought in 7000 dark elixir.(inactive Th10 5800 from the base + 1200 bonus)

Here are some screenshots I took:
If you add the 180.000 Gold/Elixir + 1200 Dark Elixir bonus these raid are pretty good, even if the army takes a bit longer to build.

I stayed in championsleague a while, but I now dropped down to master 1 range again(I still get the champions league bonus though) because in championsleague I found way less bases to raid than in masters.
Also, as a TH9 people will crush you in champions no matter what. Even if you have no ressources whatsoever and the TH is on the outside, you close clash and 10 seconds later someone completely crushed your base just for the trophies.
In masters thats much better, most people go just for the TH, even if you have ressources.
Holding on to ressources isn't hard at all, just place the th on the outside.

Michelino

Neo Member
Anyone ever tried Priestess (8 Healers, AQ, minions) for DE?

The healers make the AQ invincible, and the healers' range plus the AQ range will take out air defense without losing healers. Low-level AQ can't do enough damage to get more than 50-60%, but that's usually enough to get the DE.

Anyone ever tried Priestess (8 Healers, AQ, minions) for DE?

The healers make the AQ invincible, and the healers' range plus the AQ range will take out air defense without losing healers. Low-level AQ can't do enough damage to get more than 50-60%, but that's usually enough to get the DE.

I heard its a good way to farm dark elixir in the lower trophies ranges.(gold)
But in my opinion farming DE is most effective in master league or higher because of the loot bonus. Maybe its an opinion for people who aren't active enough to farm that high.

The AQ walk is also a good TH9 and TH9 three star war strategy.
You need at least a lv. 25 AQ at TH9 and usually a lv 40 AQ at Th10 for it.
Combined with about 3 healers you use the AQ to clean up one side of the base and when she reaches a certain point you start you push with a killsquad and then its usually a surgical hog attack for the rest of the base.
Looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoQmKBJF6M0

Does anyone know a good TH9 farming base?
I just built one but it didn't out they way I wanted it.
Searched online but didn't one that I like either.

I'm search for a few basic characteristics.
1. Unlurable Clan Castle
2. Queen and dark Elixir in the Core
3. Double Giant Bombs
4. Gold and Elixir Storages covered by Wizard Tower

Most of the bases I found online have an easily lurable cc. Also just very few have double bombs and the few that have double bombs have them placed in a way that hogs will trigger one at a time and not both at the same time.

Hilti92

GAF still play this? Upgrading my base to TH9 and holy shit, sucks waiting 10 days. Also almost beat campaign. Just can't 3 star the last two levels.

Yeah I'm still slowly plugging along at TH8. It's been like 3 months and I'm not even close to being max or even a high tier TH8. And I still suck ass at clan wars. Mass Dragons is super hit-or-miss. I'm trying to max Hogs so I can try them instead. I was up to 32k DE but I just got raided for 2k so it's gonna take a little while longer to get the 40k for level 4 Hogs.

Hilti92

Yeah I'm still slowly plugging along at TH8. It's been like 3 months and I'm not even close to being max or even a high tier TH8. And I still suck ass at clan wars. Mass Dragons is super hit-or-miss. I'm trying to max Hogs so I can try them instead. I was up to 32k DE but I just got raided for 2k so it's gonna take a little while longer to get the 40k for level 4 Hogs.
I don't think I'm high tier TH8, just wanted to get it over with while the boost was there so I could afford it and worry about other stuff. I'm not adding any of the TH9 stuff to my base other than maybe the X Bow and if I do that, I'll probably put it out in the open to help people get the achievement. I'm going to start upgrading my attack defense now though such as cannons (got gold ones), mortars, mages and archer towers. Already have my walls at the purple crystal looking tier.
Just FYI. While I was in Alaska I dropped my phone in the ocean so... yeah.

I will be back when I can!
What do you do in that situation? Isnt it tied to your phone and no account system?

My current setup
ZG1DSji.jpg

I have hit level 100 as a th9. my play has dropped off considerably-I haven't been able to have a sustained boosted 2 hour attack in 6 weeks due to the birth of a child. Boom beach fits my lifestyle much more now with the ability to launch another attack one after another. major bummer, but such is life. I am slowly upgrading everything though. walls are lagging way behind, as are the king and queen.

And I still suck ass at clan wars. Mass Dragons is super hit-or-miss.
The funneling is key. Dragon attacks seem to depend on luck when it comes to how the dragons fly. But you actually have a lot of control over it. You just have to get the gist of the funneling.

Also, max loons in the clancastle.
Dragons combined with cc-loons are the strongest TH8 attack strategy.

I have hit level 100 as a th9. my play has dropped off considerably-I haven't been able to have a sustained boosted 2 hour attack in 6 weeks due to the birth of a child.
How high up are you in trophies?
I found that higher up the game becomes a lot more playable in short bursts.
I attack with a hog army(28Hogs, some wizards, barbs, achers, wallbreakers, 4 heal)
I pushed to champions and then dropped down below 3200 trophies because the bases you find change significantly over the 3200 mark. As long as I don't drop below 3100 I keep the champions bonus.
Between 3100 and 3200 I quickly find TH8 with fully storages and they're easy to 3 star with hogs, also some TH9s I can beat.
I only attack bases with at least 250k of both and about 1k dark elixir, and combined with the 180k both and 1.2k dark elixir loot bonus these attacks really bring in a lot.
There also are about 1-3 townhall snipes before finding a base to raid.
I usually play for about 20 mins, make about 600k-1mil each + 4-6k dark elixir and then I have to wait for about an hour to rebuild my army.

Placing the townhall outside usually keeps me from getting raided, even when I have a lot of ressources about 1 in 5 attackers actually do more than just sniping the TH.
So I'm usually not losing and ressourcing during the time I rebuild my army.

This type of play really offers a lot of flexibility. You don't need to play hours at a time, but you need to play regularly because if you don't you drop to lower leagues and this method stops working.

Any good TH9 Clan war bases around?

Anti 3 star or anti 2 star?

Hmm, I like that game plan. Thanks. I'm at about 1900 right now, down from a recent high of about 2200. I need a burst or perhaps just an hour of doing nothing but sniping to get back to where the rewards are meaningful.

1.21gig: anti two if its possible

If you're a new TH9 with mostly TH8 level defenses I'd go with a base with a very centralized townhall in order to prevent the attackers from getting to the townhall.
I think a golem trap base with a centralized townhall and clancastle would be best.
I don't have any such design at hand but you'll find plenty online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z4jxQqImiE
Here is a golem trap base(no centralized TH though), this one would work fine against most attackers.

If you're a developed TH9 with maxed TH9 defeneses you can go for a base that uses the TH as bait to get attackers to attack from a certain side where they'll have a very hard time to get to 50%. I just built a base like that a few weeks ago and so far it did pretty good. Like 4 out of 5 attacks on it are only 1 star and it hasn't been 3 starred yet.
HPIVhgH.png

Most people will attack like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob8yosgkeHY
But in theory if someone knows his stuff they'd attack from the left, take out the queen, 2 air defenses and the clancastle with their killsquad and the lavaloon the rest of the base for an easy 3 star, but that hasn't happened yet.

So keep in mind that these anti 2 star bases are easy to 3 star for skilled attackers, so as long as you're facing bad attackers who use Gowipe, or dragons you'll be fine, but as soon as you'll face people who know what they're doing you will have to build an anti 3 star base. This particular base is weak against GoLavaLoon. It should defend find against GoHog because of the one double bomb trap on the right.

Fortunately most people have no clue what they're doing, so this base is doing very good so far.

Matush

Thanks gig, I currently have maxed out Cannons, Teslas, and Mortars, other defenses are TH8 maxed, with lvl 7 walls. Most of the time they can get me to 2*, I've been 3* only by TH10. Will try to look at some of these builds.

Matush

Any good TH9 clan war army compositions?

Currently I'm running GoWiPw with 1 golem (+ 1 in cc), 3 pekkas, 20 wizzards, 20 archers, 5 wb and either one giant or hog to lure out cc. My spells are 1 heal, 1 jump, 2 rage and 1 poison.

I don't have any problem 2* pretty much any TH9 base and 3* every TH8, but i would like to get better with 3* TH9, since it's critical in clan war. Any tips what to swap etc.?

Top Bottom