• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

HBP

Anyone have a smaller clan they would like to plan in (that isn't super serious) I got kicked from the GAF clan for not being "active" enough. (F2P is serious business).

Anyone have a smaller clan they would like to plan in (that isn't super serious) I got kicked from the GAF clan for not being "active" enough. (F2P is serious business).

You only would have gotten kicked if you were not using your attacks during wars.

Impossible to win if people are not attacking.

People not chatting isn't the same thing as being dead.

Most players are still active, but a lot don't chat much since well.... we have gaf to chat on.

Dunno maybe its because of how my old clan was people were always talking

As mentioned above its a bit frustrating when we dump millions of elixer into war preparation only to have people not using their attacks in war.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
"leaked" patch notes. nice to finally use heroes in war if they're upgrading
omg major war changes. TH being basically useless..maybe TH should be treated more than a 2% building would make it more viable
8acfT7Z.jpg

ki11zone guys the one I am in if you're interested it should be noted that these guys takes their warring very seriously though so be warned

Eh. I will probably sit tight.

Even though I enjoy wars and always participate, I made the clan to hang with gaffers, and only a couple of them are really active enough to not get kicked relatively quickly in a more hardcore clan.

Eh. I will probably sit tight.

Even though I enjoy wars and always participate, I made the clan to hang with gaffers, and only a couple of them are really active enough to not get kicked relatively quickly in a more hardcore clan.

If there was a way to get all the gaffers who Clash to join it would be a pretty big clan but alas it was not to be.

@Floppy when I get home from work I'll see what's wrong my tablet battery is dead right now.

I've maxed TH7 except for Barbarian King (currently level 2) and DE troop lab upgrades. I don't plan on going to TH8 for now. A lot of you seem to have gotten burned out at TH8+.

I've gone TH8 a little over a month ago and I'm enjoying it very much.
I like GoWiPe attacks and I like that dragons became almost useless. Mass dragons raids are so boring. Only thing that sucks is that I get instantly raided once I'm over 30k dark elixir.
I have 3 days left till my pekkas are lv. 3 and I want to upgrade golems then and that costs 60k dark elixir, but I basically have to raid at least 5k in a single sitting because once I turn the phone off it takes like 3 mins and some TH9 person three stars me easily and takes about 2k dark elixir.

JesseZao

I'll have to start trophy climbing. I usually am in farm th base mode. Highest I've bothered going was 1600 or so.

Probably need to be higher now to get better loot as th9.

I'm in need of a new clan that is actually interested in winning wars. I'm frankly tired of dropping 700-800k elixer to get my 6 stars as a TH 8 and fortify teammates only to lose due to people not using their attacks.

TH8 level 79, aiming to move to TH9 sometime in early march.

Any ideas?

broz0rs

Try ki11zone because GAF's best raiders went there to be more competitive in clan wars.

You can try a reddit clan too, but most of them are tryhards and have strict rules.

Try ki11zone because GAF's best raiders went there to be more competitive in clan wars.

You can try a reddit clan too, but most of them are tryhards and have strict rules.
I'm not seeing a ki11zone clan with more than a few members, not sure what the deal is there. Now that I'm a free agent I got an invite from a Chinese clan with 40 wins but figure the language barrier isn't worth it.

JesseZao

I'm not seeing a ki11zone clan with more than a few members, not sure what the deal is there. Now that I'm a free agent I got an invite from a Chinese clan with 40 wins but figure the language barrier isn't worth it.

You have to modify your search terms. They bumped the trophies required to 1800 now, so you have toggle the option to show clans you don't meet requirements for if you're under 1800.

Why do we always get matched up against clans with 2x the amount of TH9+ that we have?

TH9 is insta-win vs TH8 because of the extra air defense.

JesseZao

I accidentally double tapped on a tree when my workers were busy...so I lost 200 gems. I emailed them using their store page (help in game just looped a game restart process), but never heard back. Really killed my interest in the game and made me rethink playing at all.

Nice to take break at the very least, but I may not play it again.

Just had a clanwar(our first 130 clan ep), someone in the opposing clan attacked with 3 pekkas lv. 1, a little less than 2 hours later he attacked again, with 8 pekkas lv. 3.
Guy spent lots of gems on a failed mass pekka raid.

edit:
Has anyone any experience with recording video from a smartphone?
I wanted to record some clash of clans gameplay and googled but the app recommended isn't exactly what I wanted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQs5J56_Po8
Resolution and FPS way to low, sound also shit so I need a better solution.
I use a galaxy s4 mini and a macbook pro.

Lol, fuck Crystal league.

Every base is 10x harder, and only holds half the loot because these players spend it faster.

Going to nuke back to gold.

broz0rs

Clanwars become so much more fun once dragon attacks are useless.

Dragon attacks, especially against max TH8 and up, is like saying "I don't want to learn anything about this game, but i'll just spread my dragons, hope they will attack air defense early, fly towards center, and get three stars for my team."

meme-like-a-boss.jpg

What non dragon combo do you use? I'm th8 moving to 9'probabky around end of the month and have golem 2 in the lab currentlupy, then pekka 3.

Ever since I'm townhall 8 I'm using Gowipe.
With lv 3 pekkas, lv 2 golems and lv 5 wizards it basically allows you to three star every th8 base.*
Unfortunately nobody in my clan has witches, lv. 6 baloons or lv 4 hogriders. But even having 5 lv. 3 hogs in the clancastle often saves the day when the gowipe cleared the center, but some outside single shot defenses are left.

So usually I'm using 3 pekkas, 13 wizards, 4-6 wallbreakers, 2 golems, 3 rage spells(or 2 rage 1 heal) and 1-5 barbs in case there are buildings in the corners.
And 5 lv 3 hogriders in the clancastle.

* You can three star every TH8, but its not guaranteed. You always need a little luck. Today I had an attack where I had 2 pekka, one full health golem and 5 wizards left and there were only was one telsa and one archer tower left besides all the trash buildings. But the pekkas cleared everything around the defenses and got taken out while doing so, right after the pekkas where dead the wizards came around and were taken out one by one and the full health golem was mindlessly attacking a piece of wall on the other side of the base ever since the beginning of the attack.
Stuff like this can always happen and there isn't really anything you can do against it.

So I actually got some Dark Elixir in my War Bonus but my TH isn't high enough to build those storages and drills yet. Once the war is over, will I lose the Dark Elixir bonus or will it be kept in my CC until I get my storage?

So I actually got some Dark Elixir in my War Bonus but my TH isn't high enough to build those storages and drills yet. Once the war is over, will I lose the Dark Elixir bonus or will it be kept in my CC until I get my storage?

I think the CC gets a little dark elixir storage on its roof as soon as you have a dark elixir storage. So without a storage the bonus will probably be lost.

Madness

Ever since the Clan Wars perk update, the clan I'm in is just getting slaughtered. The latest clan we're against has their own webpage where they have season rankings for best attackers, a top quotes section, videos, blogs, full analysis. Just not fun either because with losses, you're under the gun to either do well or you get booted, no matter how much you've donated or done well in the past. Grinding walls too, so it's not been that much fun playing anymore at all.

Ever since the Clan Wars perk update, the clan I'm in is just getting slaughtered. The latest clan we're against has their own webpage where they have season rankings for best attackers, a top quotes section, videos, blogs, full analysis. Just not fun either because with losses, you're under the gun to either do well or you get booted, no matter how much you've donated or done well in the past. Grinding walls too, so it's not been that much fun playing anymore at all.

That sucks. I joined a clan with some IRL friends and we lose 99% of the time but we still have fun. It helps that I'm nearly maxed out at TH7 so I usually 3-star other TH7s and I don't have to worry about elixir costs.

I'm in a 15 people clan with real life friends and for us its going pretty good since the update. We do as many wars as we can and we only need one more win to get to clanlevel 3.(10% loot bonus)
Since the update we won 10 wars and lost 2, no draws. The first 5 wars were 10v10 though.

My clan slimmed down to 10x10 and we are 5-2 since the update. Far easier to organize a structured attack plan that way and basically guarantee 21-24 stars minimum which seems to be good enough to win most wars.

Had some pretty good farm raids recently.
My top 3:

Built an army for war here but didn't get to make my attack before the war ended. Luckly I found this:
0aBcQmq.png

BzxvkMg.png

wCXYE9u.png

I'm going to be TH9 in 5 days, my TH8 is maxed except for the walls, I'm half way through with them. I also only researched troops I'm using or I'm planning on using. I never use goblins, healer or giants so I didn't research them.

Pretty excited for TH9 because it opens up a lot of new attack strategies. LavaLoon, HoGoWipe, LoGoWiPe, GoHog etc.

My h8 is going to finish upgrading in two days as well. Th8 is getting pretty stale. Upgraded all buildings except one barracks is topped at dragons, no big deal. All walls purple. Would have liked to get minions to four and hogs to 3-4 but oh well.

Rushed a little bit myself to 7, just to get the Dragons. Gonna stay there til I have absolutely everything maxed for this TH. Also, what would you guys recommend to spend gems on? Friend of mine gifted me basically 1200 Gems and I got 4 builders. Don't see me hanging about totry and get 5, to be honest.

Rushed a little bit myself to 7, just to get the Dragons. Gonna stay there til I have absolutely everything maxed for this TH. Also, what would you guys recommend to spend gems on? Friend of mine gifted me basically 1200 Gems and I got 4 builders. Don't see me hanging about totry and get 5, to be honest.

I saved all my gems till I had 5 builders, I also pushed to 2600 trophies to get the achievement gems. Haven't spent any real money.
Of course a 5th builder only makes sense if you farm enough to keep them all busy.

Since I got my 5th builder I sometimes boost my barracks and farm for 2 hours straight(costs 40 gems), brings in about 5-7mil of both ressources.
Boosting all mines of one ressource on the other hand costs 60 gems for a day and only brings in 500k more than usual, so thats not a smart investment in my opinon.
Straight up buying ressources for gems is also a bad deal.

And finishing upgrade with gems is a one time thing because its pretty expensive.

So yeah, buying builders and boosting barracks is probably the best thing you can do with gems.

I boost two barracks, one barbs, one archers and just farm the two hours. I find there is minimal downtime that way and I can be a bit choosey in what I hit rather than having limiting myself to only nesting ten or so times between battles.

Top Bottom