• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

I'm just like, one game away from platinum for this year, but apparently neither Majora's Mask nor Splatoon count for this year now. That's pretty frustrating.

Besides that I'm pretty excited to see what the replacement will be. I just need to figure out what to spend my last few coins on.

Ventara

plugged in all my new wii u codes (Even dug up my original wii fit code lol)

For those who wanna see if old DS or Wii games have codes I found this

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

It's not a complete list, though, (like Epic Yarn and Sin & Punishment) so I would double check through some unboxing video to see if a game has a code. That's what I did for my sealed games so I knew which ones to open and which ones I can keep sealed.

It's cool. I saved up for those smash posters and got em. I have no coins so I don't mind that it's shutting down. They don't have to have a loyalty program and it's awesome that they do.

Kinda late posting my reaction about this but man, end of an era.

I am hopeful that whatever's new could be a mix between the old CN with exclusive DLC/bonuses/"free" games and the Digital Deluxe promotion (actual eshop Gift Cards after buying so many games)

I'm having trouble with the site too. Filling out some Post Play Surveys sometimes they'll go through and sometimes they won't. You just have to keep trying. It's REALLY handy if you have the Lazarus Form Recovery plugin so you don't have to fill it out from scratch every single time.

Hale-XF11

910 coins sitting in my account. Gonna hold off until next month to see what all the final rewards are.

Still can't believe that Flipnote is finally coming out. I seriously thought we'd never get it.

Revenile

I'm 40 coins away from being able to get the final platinum reward (as pathetic as that is) however I can get Mario Galaxy 2 and Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championsip Edition for a combined 16 bucks, which would give that 40 coins, I'm prolly gonna do that, even though I have the gold edition of Guacamelee on steam. 6 bucks for the upgrade seems a decent price.

Jeels

I hope "dozens of new rewards and downloadable games" doesn't mean 1 physical reward and 24+ downloadable virtual console titles...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I'm a bit late on all this. Will none of your Club Nintendo codes be useful in the future? So do I have to enter my entire stockpile of DS/Wii/3DS/Wii U codes I've been saving? :(

It's not a complete list, though, (like Epic Yarn and Sin & Punishment) so I would double check through some unboxing video to see if a game has a code. That's what I did for my sealed games so I knew which ones to open and which ones I can keep sealed.

Ah good to know, yeah I'm 10 points from platinum but hopefully i'll get a few game completetion surveys in the next few weeks

So, how many copies of Super Metroid has Team Top Hat bought now?

I hope whatever replaces Club Nintendo is more integrated with the eShop though things could be messy as I have NNID on a 3DS (I don't want one either until they allow multiple users) and multiple ones on the Wii U. Also I don't think any of them use the same e-mail as my Club Nintendo account. *posted while wearing Mario Kart T-shirt*

Hmm it seems like the EU Website is under heavy load, i can't log-in at all!
Guess some panic buying going on or maybe the server blew up again (hope they don't switch the old one on again...that was not a fun new years eve). Shame as I wanted to post my purchase haul over the 12 years. If I go off memory then it is:
Metroid Zero Mission (lucky here as that was in the dark age of Nintendo VIP 24:7)
NES notebooks
2 game holder racks
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (this was during the great stars purge*)
Hanufuda Cards
Mario Character statue (my favorite)
Playing Cards
2 Game card case
Mario Kart 8 T-shirt (this is a nice item, hope I don't destroy it in the wash)
Game & Watch Ball
+Digital Wonderful 101, Smash Bros soundtrack and Mewtwo DLC.

Edit: Oh hauls are probably better here

All I want is the 3DS game cases to come back. If they're the same price as before I'll have points for at least two.

*-As Nintendo VIP 24:7 never had anything worthwhile in stock for more than 10 minutes and there was never any expiration this means people ended with a lot of stars and with that comes certain expectations so they just purged everything from that time.

Flintty

I'm on 3000+ points which isn't quite enough to get anything of worth (UK) and I have 4 game codes to use. I think my points expire in March too. Dilemma.

Ventara

So I finally rounded up all my codes. Should have about 1000 coins once everything is registered. I really hope there is some good physical item in February. Or at the very least more cases so I can have my complete DS collection in these things.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I think i have 1900 coins right now.

I'm less upset if this is getting replaced by something hopefully better. But we'll see.

Jonboy

This sucks. Had a bad feeling something was up when last year's Platinum rewards were all digital.

Interested to see what they do next, but I fear it won't be of this nature at all.

I guess I should register my 3DS XL code I've had since Christmas? I was hoping they would do another promotion where they offered a free game for anyone registering a 3DS, especially while trying to clear stock of the old 3DS units to make room for new 3DS.

If I don't register it, what's the chances that I can still register it somehow (Serial Number?) on the new Loyalty program? Depending on what rewards they make available, I don't need a lot of coins. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Arturo

I'm guessing those are European Club Nintendo codes, maybe from some promotion.

Nope. They are the PIN codes which come with almost all Nintendo games and hardware in Europe. When we register a game with those codes we get stars (instead of coins) which can be used at Club Nintendo.

Those are the ones I still haven't registered… XD I guess now's the time to do it, as it seems they'll become useless in a couple of months. Let's hope they add interesting stuff to the club. I won't hold my breath… :(

Top Bottom