• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

Yeah, i think they had forum ambassadors and a system based upon how helpful you were to others. If you ranked high enough, you were given exclusive rewards or invited to events.

Were some snobbish ass people there though

Yeah I think so. I remember M*ke the admin, a couple of usernames and those forum badges. Good times, man.

For how long are these valid? I've been hoarding a few European cards since a few years which I never could use. Are we allowed to sell them here?

kubus

XKiINf6.gif

Az987

all good things
So I guess I should register every game I have before the expiration date because the chance of them working with whatever they come out with next seems pretty slim, huh?

I have about 1300 coins saved up. I'm really hoping they add something worth getting soon or I'm boned.

I really don't want to have to get Nintendo themed hand towels. Yeesh.

So no pin # on N3DS? I was going to hold off registering my Wii U on the off chance the new system in place would still use them if they ever ran another promo for a free game.

DarkFlow

Banned
I only got 80 coins this time, I was planing on getting a Wii U in the next few weeks so I could get gold status for once. Damn you Nintendo!

Edit: also the NA site is fucked. I can't complete surveys or anything.

Depending on what gets added in February, I'll be either really happy or really disappointed that I recently spent most of my coins on the two game cases and NES Remix 2 shirt.

Is the 3DS case still available in this European star catalog? I can't access the site right now...
In case other posts imply you only just missed out. They've not been on our catalogue for over a year. Them returning in America gives me small hope they'll come back (the NOE twitter page tends to tweet when new gifts go live) but frankly this news makes me think it is going to more random PR junk (come on Nintendogs Kennel, I'm sure there must be one or two still in the NOE HQ) for old games (I can only assume the Mario Golf 3DS press kit had those stupid golf balls in it) until the service shuts as those cost nothing while these cases cost something,

kubus

In case other posts imply you only just missed out. They've not been on our catalogue for over a year. Them returning in America gives me small hope they'll come back (the NOE twitter page tends to tweet when new gifts go live) but frankly this news makes me think it is going to more random PR junk (come on Nintendogs Kennel, I'm sure there must be one or two still in the NOE HQ) for old games (I can only assume the Mario Golf 3DS press kit had those stupid golf balls in it) until the service shuts as those cost nothing while these cases cost something,
Thanks for the info. Yeah I'll keep an eye on Nintendo's twitter and the Club Nintendo Europe thread here in case it pops up again. Would be nice, but not getting my hopes up :(

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
So is it a good idea to register all my codes now? Or will the new program use it, too?

Choomp

Banned
I was close to getting the DS game case thing earlier this week, and I decided not to. I'm hoping this is for the better that I end up with some higher end reward in Feb. I'm going to miss this service, as lacking as it might've become through the years.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I need 220 coins to reach platinum status. With no future games/systems including CN#s, this last year just might just be the first year I don't hit platinum. :/

Wow, I ordered the Pikmin game case last week even though I don't need it because I figured I might as well spend coins on something. Glad I did now that they're sold out.

i really want that 3DS case....but

0znPfFe.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuu

i really can't justfied buying it from ebay
its $20 and i am ok with that
but shipping to my country will cost me $30

so its $50 at least to get an empty case

Not to brag, but I'm really glad I ordered this last night before this was announced.

Just got the email from Nintendo of Australia about it. Kind of funny since they just did a "revamp" of Club Nintendo which took a few months. But this is good. Hopefully the next "club" will be more in line with the US Club Nintendo and not just have goddamn pencils and paper, but actual games and game merchandise.

SystemUser

Not to brag, but I'm really glad I ordered this last night before this was announced.

I was planning on ordering it last night and when I went to the site it was down for maintenance. The website came back and the case was still there, but I curious what the February prizes will be. I have hope I don't get screwed. If I go physical I want something that is functional (or Waluigi but that is not going to happen.)

jimi_dini

Nope

you should give one to me /stealth beg

Actually you can.

You can for example register the original release and then the Nintendo Selects release.

And you can also register for example Wind Waker LE + the barebones Wind Waker. I did exactly that.

However you can not register the exact same game (as in the exact same SKU) - however US is different in that regard, you can even that by using family accounts. That's what TTH does and did.

Is the site still under maintenance? I can log in but when I try to register my games everything goes to a either maintenance page or "whoops this content is unavailable." I've got like 20+ games to register.

one_kill

Man, I hope they put up some really awesome rewards before it ends. I wanted those MK trophies, but AU didn't release them. I should've got the badges :(

Meh the whole website is screwy right now, think ima wait to register my stuff for a few days. When do they usually update the monthly rewards?

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but receiving codes from DDP also ends on April 1st, same as putting in codes in Club Nintendo (NA here). Makes me excited for whatever system comes in the future.

hpkomic

Neo Member
Just glad I got my Pikmin themed game case. Gonna miss Club Nintendo, but hopefully whatever they have next will be good.

I'm guessing I'll have well over a thousand coins once I register all my hoarded games. I've been stopping at 600 every year since it started, so I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Is the site still under maintenance? I can log in but when I try to register my games everything goes to a either maintenance page or "whoops this content is unavailable." I've got like 20+ games to register.

Yeah the whole site is bogged down,
Its like the last chopper out of Saigon everybody is just cashing in now.

Top Bottom