• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

Gameboy415

big_boss__s_salute___mgs3_by_rainedrebellion-d57boh0.png

I did my part:

rDleJhW.jpg

I'm sad to see CN come to an end but I've got 2835 coins to blow - bring on the new rewards! :D

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
What are the odds there's actually going to be good stuff and it's not all going to 'sell' out in minutes while the site gets hammered?

It'll probably have just junk left that no one wanted in their previous giveaways

I'm holding out hope for Iwata's spare reading glasses.

Nilaul

I'm not swapping my coins for any of that terrible stuff nintendo has right now.

A terrible mario kart shirt or some really bad gifts. Going to wait. I'll probably rack it up to 8000 (or more) points with my friend's codes. She doesn't want them.

Blues1990

Is it possible that someone could give me some free codes that they don't want? I want to reach up to at least 2000 coins (Canadian, & I'm currently at a 650 right now), just so that I'm prepared for what might be in-store.

L.O.R.D

stfu.gif

this is for everyone that trying to get several item of the same because he have a lot of coins
its rare to get a game that have club code outside of the US ( especially in the meddle east )
and when i see an item out of stock and some one posted he got like 10 for that item
i really wish something bad will happen to him

So I realized I never registered my 3DS XL, and I punched in the serial number and it told me I needed to enter a PIN to get the coins. I looked it up and apparently there's a slip of paper that came with my system that has the PIN on it.

Only problem is... I.. don't exactly remember where I left the box/paperwork that came with my XL.

Am I screwed or is there another way to get my PIN?

Gambit

Last night, I managed to put in a lot of PINs from my 3DS games. Sadly, I have numerous GC and DS codes that are now useless. I always held back, waiting for something special!

Anyway, I got a Wii Store 1000 points card. Together with my remaining, unused points, I have downloaded Ogre Battle 64. Not a bad deal, I'd say!

Tonight: Wii U numbers.

i-Jest

stfu.gif

this is for everyone that trying to get several item of the same because he have a lot of coins
its rare to get a game that have club code outside of the US ( especially in the meddle east )
and when i see an item out of stock and some one posted he got like 10 for that item
i really wish something bad will happen to him

Easy now big guy. Somethings ain't fair in this world but try not to let it get to you.

Ugh what horrible timing to try and register my erm...20 slips in Europe. NOE just sent out an e-mail informing people of this so the site once again isn't letting me log in.

It is bad enough that will take more than a few days because the you only get about 10 attempts to enter a code each day and the codes are so terribly written (who uses W and VV or 0 and O etc) that you will make mistakes and have to re-enter codes.

Just linked my NNID to Club Nintendo account so I can register my Smash Bros 3DS digital purchase before it shutsdown but it's not giving me any option to... Do old purchases automatically register?
No. You have to have the link in place when you make the purchase. NOE refuses to do anything here but maybe NOA are pushovers.

L~A

In JP they said that they aim to launch the new program this fall.

Well that's not really surprising, CN both ends on September 30th in both EU and JP (I believe NA is a bit sooner?). And last year, the major changes to Club Nintendo JP (no more platinum, no more codes for consoles) took place on October 1st iirc.

Too bad it's so far away... I want to see that new program asap :D

Gambit

I wonder if this new programme is linked to the "Virtual Console" trademark running out and apparently being removed from the eShop (The word, not the games).

Maybe it will be incorporated into the new programme.

Hip Hop

I really hope we get some good choices for the last Platinum/Gold rewards.

It was my first year reaching Platinum too :(

RiggyRob

I'm actually glad it's happening this year, gives it a couple of years to work out the kinks in the whole loyalty/discount scheme for the new handheld/console.

I've got so many points to register which is going to take me ages with the stupid questionnaire you have to fill out each time.

When I last looked there wasn't all that much in the catalog. I'd like to get the 'Game&Watch' and maybe a few of those DS slip cases.

Did anyone get their Super Smash Bros. soundtrack from Club Nintendo yet? The service ending has me a bit nervous.
Why? You really shouldn't be! This is a planned death, not an accident. It's not like the Club Nintendo building suddenly catched fire or a meteorite fell on their warehouses. They likely knew it would close down now before you even knew about the SSB OST offer. Everything will be OK.

L~A

Nintendo said the soundtrack would be shipped within the first quarter (in Europe), and this closure doesn't change anything (they probably had planned this even before the promotion was announced).

Besides, Club Nintendo doesn't really close until September 30th, so both the soundtrack and Mewtwo are safe anyway.

lupinko

I went with the 4000¥ card as my gift, that's a complementary paid off Captain Toad when I get my Wii U Family Premium set next month. Bayo 2 put me over the hump last night, and my buddy gave me his LL CN code that got me there.

So right off the bat with my Wii U I'll have both Bayos, Captain Toad, Smash, NSMBU and Wii Party U. The latter two being bundle games, it's like a 1500¥ price diff compared to the MK8 bundle.

So right now I went from 805 points to 5.

And I'm 205 points to platinum for NA, so that's like two retail games, some post plays and some more download games.

10 points shy of platinum. Blah.

Shame about this program,hopefully something cooler and better replaces it. It's not like there's been good physical goods -in the US at least- for a long time.

Just get a downloadable game and fill out a post play survey. You can still earn coins until the end of march. Hell, download a game with the coins you already have, and it'll still work

What are the odds there's actually going to be good stuff and it's not all going to 'sell' out in minutes while the site gets hammered?

Probably won't be anything real special. I'd figure that all of the old VC games will probably be up since there's no reason they'd ever have to take those "away" or retire them. Except for Tetris which I think was a thing you could get one month.

As for physical rewards, I'm expecting them to have a lot of the stuff that's been gone come back, like the Kirby patches, shoelaces and...well basically everything. There's 4 freaking physical rewards there now, one of which is a eshop game anyways.

To be honest, It'd be awesome to see some prizes from other countries like the MK trophies, pikmin 3 keychains and Yoshi plush but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm assuming that the next Club Nintendo service will likely be all digital too....kinda stinks. I mean, its neat you wanna go for full digital services but I like getting physical Nintendo rewards, especially things you can't get anywhere else.

Rokal

Registering an old copy of Skyward Sword got me 50 points and pushed me into Platinum. Glad something positive finally came out of buying that mess.

Dreavus

I didn't realize they were removing the registration cards entirely from new products, I just assumed they'd be keeping them around and turn it into something else ("new program"). I hope the codes themselves don't expire.

I have probably dozens of games that need to be registered so I should probably to get on this shit and redeem some VC games before everything vanishes. Last game I did was MK8 explicitly for the promotion, and before that I have no idea.

I didn't realize they were removing the registration cards entirely from new products, I just assumed they'd be keeping them around and turn it into something else ("new program"). I hope the codes themselves don't expire.

I have probably dozens of games that need to be registered so I should probably to get on this shit and redeem some VC games before everything vanishes. Last game I did was MK8 explicitly for the promotion, and before that I have no idea.

They said the codes expire at the end of March, so get registering that stuff now if you want to have a hope of using it in Feb.

Lebon14

Wow. Um... I wasn't aware of this. I guess I'll spend them on useless things I don't really want just for the sake of it.

I hope that the next loyalty program will bring more valuable physical stuff such as CDs, physical games, etc. Seriously.

SystemUser

I just remembered that I have a Japanese Club Nintendo code from my Circle Pad Pro LL. If the Japanese Club Nintendo still accepting codes? I would accept a trade for it, but I would probably even just give it away if it is useful to someone. I only have an NoA Club Nintendo setup.

Hans Holo

Banned
Wait.. they say use your remaining stars. Does that mean we should register all our Codes or do they only mean the already registered codes? Will the codes work with the new system as well?

Memory

Wait.. they say use your remaining stars. Does that mean we should register all our Codes or do they only mean the already registered codes? Will the codes work with the new system as well?

No, since they are discontinuing codes as well. You need to register and redeem all codes before the services ends. They will be adding additional rewards though so don't blow your load early in case something awesome comes up.

L95

Wow. Um... I wasn't aware of this. I guess I'll spend them on useless things I don't really want just for the sake of it.

I hope that the next loyalty program will bring more valuable physical stuff such as CDs, physical games, etc. Seriously.

At least wait to see what they add in February.

Meesh

I suppose the death of "club Nintendo" will only further spike prices of these goods on eBay. :/ Much of that stuff is already ridiculously over priced right now as it is...

Top Bottom