• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

i-Jest

I just want some fucking hanafuda cards.

This made me laugh.

I suppose the death of "club Nintendo" will only further spike prices of these goods on eBay. :/ Much of that stuff is already ridiculously over priced right now as it is...

I don't even want to know how much the Game & Watch DS games are going for right now. I just hope I have enough coins for when the next batch of rewards come. Fingers crossed for Ambassador Program games and Club Nintendo Exclusive games. These are things not many people have in their library and would make a great parting gift.

Hans Holo

Banned
No, since they are discontinuing codes as well. You need to register and redeem all codes before the services ends. They will be adding additional rewards though so don't blow your load early in case something awesome comes up.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

Zips

I have 680 coins. Bring on the fabulous physical prizes that are priced at 700 and sell out instantly.

Should be good for two or three games though, which isn't too shabby.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'll probably have over 5000 coins after I'm done with all the stuff I have and never bothered to register...

That should take a while.

Never got anything of worth really for my trouble with Nintendo Club stuff. By the time I started getting platinum status, NoA had already neutered the rewards to digital and soundtrack garbage.

Exactly 200 away from platinum and if the new 3DS really can't be included for coins, I probably won't bother trying very hard to tick over to platinum.

I love that even now with everyone in a rush to spend coins on something, the damn postcards are still there.

I'll be shocked if there are any new physical rewards, they'll probably be leftovers from before.

RM8

My entire Nintendo collection (which is not small) is unregistered because Club Nintendo is too good for Mexico. So I won't miss you, Club Nintendo, and I hope whatever replaces you is a bit more inclusive :p

pitt_norton

i've still got a spare japanese mario kart 8 club nintendo code if anyone wants to trade....

i already have captain toad, mario kart 8, pikmin 3 and the wonderful 101, nintendo land and wii sports club registered on the japanese club nintendo.

if anyone has an unused japanese code that is not from those games, let's trade. pm me :D

Davey Cakes

Registered what I had left of Wii U and 3DS games.

Sitting at 1175 coins with Platinum Status. Might buy a couple more things before March 31st but it'll likely just be downloadable stuff.

1175 doesn't seem like much in comparison to some people...

I wonder if the Feb rewards will be priced for aggressive coin spending. Like, N64 games at 200 coins max. We'll see.

Anyway, I can proudly say I've been a Platinum Member every year of the program!

Oh my god the site is getting bloody hammered. All I want is 1000 measly Wii points to buy my 30p copy of Super Metroid.

If you're saying what I think you are you're slightly confused between different promotions.

Upgrades from Wii -> Wii U versions of software are £1.50 for snes titles.

The 30p super metroid was a seperate promotion early in the WiiUs life, celebrating the 30th anniversary of something, where nintendo sold several titles for 30p.

I am going to try to make it a point today to register everything I have.
We will see how much coins I get by the end of the day. I bet 1000 at least...

OK, so someone help me out here.

I bought a refurb WiiU in November (from the Nintendo website) and have never signed up for Club Nintendo. I have Mario Kart 8, Smash, Tropical Freeze, and Bayo 2, all bought brand new. I also have a DSi I bought like 4 years ago (also bought new) that I never registered.

What can I register out of what I have? And am I correct in assuming the last of the rewards will be added next Month, so I can save up everything for then?

Fandangox

OK, so someone help me out here.

I bought a refurb WiiU in November (from the Nintendo website) and have never signed up for Club Nintendo. I have Mario Kart 8, Smash, Tropical Freeze, and Bayo 2, all bought brand new. I also have a DSi I bought like 4 years ago (also bought new) that I never registered.

What can I register out of what I have? And am I correct in assuming the last of the rewards will be added next Month, so I can save up everything for then?

You should be able to register everything there, although not so sure if the DSi will be able to get registered.

Any game/hardware that came out after January 20th won't be able to get registered (The new 3DS, Punch Out Wii download, etc)

We don't know if the rewards added in February will be the last, but its likely.

『Inaba Resident』;148692701 said:
I'll take that Wii U code if you don't want it ...
Really trying to get those smash posters
There is no code. You have to link your Club Nintendo account to an NNID on a system.

Oh my god the site is getting bloody hammered. All I want is 1000 measly Wii points to buy my 30p copy of Super Metroid.
30p? You might want to look up what the VC upgrade fee is (it is something like £1.50 for SNES games)

You should be able to register everything there, although not so sure if the DSi will be able to get registered.

Any game/hardware that came out after January 20th won't be able to get registered (The new 3DS, Punch Out Wii download, etc)

We don't know if the rewards added in February will be the last, but its likely.

OK, thanks a bunch for the answers!

Scum

My entire Nintendo collection (which is not small) is unregistered because Club Nintendo is too good for Mexico. So I won't miss you, Club Nintendo, and I hope whatever replaces you is a bit more inclusive :p

Hopefully it's replaced with something more worldwide.

There is nothing stopping you just setting up an account now and getting the digital prizes at the very least. Unless you already have all those VC games, I doubt you have Grill-off with ultra hand as that is an exclusive.

You might as well try and get something from this rather than wallow in nothing. I personally think something related to NNID is the only logical next step for a new scheme (and might indeed focus more on being DDP 2.0 and exclusive digital games but there is idle speculation from me)

RM8

There is nothing stopping you just setting up an account now and getting the digital prizes at the very least. Unless you already have all those VC games, I doubt you have Grill-off with ultra hand as that is an exclusive.

You might as well try and get something from this rather than wallow in nothing. I personally think something related to NNID is the only logical next step for a new scheme (and might indeed focus more on being DDP 2.0 and exclusive digital games but there is idle speculation from me)
Is that even possible? I'd have to unlink my current NNID, right?

Can't believe I never registered my 3DS XL. Also Hyrule Warriors.

Bucket%20Tokens.JPG

XB47QQ1.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I doubt it will happen, but I want to echo I hope Nintendo gives people who got platinum in the US every year something extra. Hell, it could just be an extra digital game.

Is that even possible? I'd have to unlink my current NNID, right?
No you won't have to as you will be registering physical registration slips, right? (for registering digital games the account had to be linked at time of download which are likely long past)

As for redeeming games you buy. You are given download codes (you can even buy the same game multiple times to give away to friends). In Europe download codes work for anywhere in the Europe box but not Oceania box on this page and also looking there we see North and South America in the same box as each other suggesting a download code bought on US Club Nintendo will work on the Mexican eShop.

The worst case scenario is you have codes to give away with modbot sometime or something.

Haha, I only have 50 points.

I somehow let 300 expire. :/

I wasted many points. Letting them expire or I just plain never registered them until it was too late and I couldn't anymore.
Didn't bother with Club Nintendo for quite a while because there was so little decent stuff to get.

Kadin

I've been seeing the NA CN site as under maintenance for the past two days.... I assume others are as well? I see people here saying they're entering codes, etc. and I have to believe that's for another region?

Roo

I've been seeing the NA CN site as under maintenance for the past two days.... I assume others are as well? I see people here saying they're entering codes, etc. and I have to believe that's for another region?

Google Club Nintendo an instead of clicking the main page log in using either the Rewards or Register links.

Volotaire

I think I'll try aim for the Game and Watch Ball reproduction console/game at 7500 stars. I think I can get together 5000 stars at the moment.

theexxs

Neo Member
I'm from Venezuela, and I just set up my CN account with a fake USA address, and that's it! It's perfect for digital rewards, I have downloaded a few games over the years. And right now I'm basically borrowing every 3DS from family members to register on my "family account"!

i've still got a spare japanese mario kart 8 club nintendo code if anyone wants to trade....

i already have captain toad, mario kart 8, pikmin 3 and the wonderful 101, nintendo land and wii sports club registered on the japanese club nintendo.

if anyone has an unused japanese code that is not from those games, let's trade. pm me :D
I have a japanese Wii U Pro Controller code if you're interested in trading a USA CN code.

Top Bottom