• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

i-Jest

Here's some free Club Nintendo codes for whoever wants 'em. Not sure what games, some DKCR and some Pokemon Alpha Sapphire I think. Just duplicates I don't need. They'll be good for any Gaffer trying to increase their coins for next month. Enjoy guys!

Grab em before they're gone!

nkw-vw4s-f857-yja
x3k-v5kz-vvq5-3z7
n64-b4yv-ps6u-za5
y8n-y9cx-pkw-b8g

Can whoever is taking these just say they took them.

I hope Nintendo reveals what they're putting up before they actually have it on the site like they did with the cradles. (And how much it'll cost.) I don't want to camp unless I know it's for something I want.

I got a few PM's from grateful members who go the codes, so it wasn't all lurkers.

Sorry that I didn't have more to share or the foresight for email tags or whatever.

Take care y'all.

baconcow

What is the point of replacing this program? Did people buy too much Nintendo stuff and they want to reduce their losses on the current coins out there? I notice item coin prices have inflated a lot this past year and physical goods seemed no/low stock or crappier than previous years.

Woffls

Oh for fuck sake. I've been keeping an eye on Club Nintendo all month, was ready to jump on the Galaxy OST to get rid of my 3900 stars(leaving me with just 50 wasted), then I had 500 stars expire yesterday.

I'm sure I would have noticed my account saying I had stars expiring, but apparently not. I think I've had more stars expire than I've spent, and it's really annoying because I never notice it until I check my history and see expirations.

Don't they send emails about expiring stars? I don't recall seeing one in the twelve years I've been on Club Nintendo/VIP. I think I'm just going to buy my way to some new stars and get rid of them this month.

Oh and I just found a bunch of GameCube and Wii games I never registered >_>

Very much looking forward to this system being replaced.

Zafir

It usually says in the monthly news overview email if you have any stars expiring that month.

I stopped registering games as I got them(unless there was a bonus) because of the expiring. Still salty about losing 4000 stars when they transferred from the old VIP system. :I

Redhood

I have about 1500 stars. I am on UK. Does UK have actual games as rewards? If i buy Nintendo points can I use them on my 3ds?

I have about 1500 stars. I am on UK. Does UK have actual games as rewards? If i buy Nintendo points can I use them on my 3ds?

No. The only nintendo points on sale are for use on the Wii shop and DSi shop only. They cannot be used in any form on Wii U or 3DS.

At only 1500 stars you're probably not going to get much in the way of rewards, if anything, I'm afraid.

Redhood

No. The only nintendo points on sale are for use on the Wii shop and DSi shop only. They cannot be used in any form on Wii U or 3DS.

At only 1500 stars you're probably not going to get much in the way of rewards, if anything, I'm afraid.

Hmm oh well! Its not I live in UK. Physical items have no value. Lets hope we get some digital games.

But even lurkers can see those if they check the page-source.
Everybody should use ModBot, that what it's for after all.
Are you sure about that?

edit: I checked the source and can't find what I put there meaning lurkers can't see those.

The real problem is most users can't be arsed to say thanks.

georly

LuWHhlL.gif

georly

Hey, I logged in and it recognized that I actually had coins! ;_; Then it kicked me out as soon as i tried to buy the pouch.

Hopefully they don't have a set stock, and will just fill orders rather than sell out.

gwarm01

Turns out I have 900 coins already! Guess I'll be getting a few things. I just hope I can hit platinum for this last year. Does anyone know how many coins you get per Wii U and 3DS game? I have quite a few sitting around, but I doubt it's enough to hit 600.

Last night I was able to get in at like 3 am and order some games. I had like 1400 coins and was able to get:

Harmoknight $14.99
Donkey Kong vs Mario Minis on the Move $9.99
Dillon's Rolling Western $9.99
Dillon Last Ranger $10.99
Ketzal's Corridors $7.99

That's like $54, and by doing a few more surveys I'll have enough points for another game. Not too shabby.

shanafan

This has probably been asked before, but with the New 3DS hitting NA next week, how can I register this product with Nintendo? Since it came out in February, it shouldn't have anything Club Nintendo with it right?

This has probably been asked before, but with the New 3DS hitting NA next week, how can I register this product with Nintendo? Since it came out in February, it shouldn't have anything Club Nintendo with it right?
Yes, all new 3DS SKUs do not have Club Nintendo codes. Think you can still register it via Nintendo's warranty site.

MrBenchmark

I was stupid and redeemed for a game I already own if it works for you have it let me know.

NES REMIX - WII U - CLUB
A05A-L3TR-08AL-NB1E

ReyVGM

What is the point of replacing this program? Did people buy too much Nintendo stuff and they want to reduce their losses on the current coins out there? I notice item coin prices have inflated a lot this past year and physical goods seemed no/low stock or crappier than previous years.

CN existed mainly as a way for Nintendo to get feedback through surveys. Intead of paying a company to do it, they just offered inexpensive toys in echange for you filling out surveys.

My guess is that with the low sales of the Wiiu and the fact that Nintendo gets a lot of feedback from twitter and miiverse, it's no longer profitable to maintain, manufacture, pay, ship and offer free physical stuff when the surveys are no longer needed.

The theory is that Nintendo is going to roll out some kind of universal account system in June, it will probably still offer free digital games through there like how PSN and Steam do.
Physical rewards will be gone though.

The theory is that Nintendo is going to roll out some kind of universal account system in June, it will probably still offer free digital games through there like how PSN and Steam do.
I would be cool with a Nintendo version of PS+ honestly.

I don't think enough new games are being released on their consoles for a program like that to work right now. It wouldn't be acceptable for them to just release the indie shovel-ware on the eShop as bonus titles for a sub fee.

Hatchtag

Banned
CN existed mainly as a way for Nintendo to get feedback through surveys. Intead of paying a company to do it, they just offered inexpensive toys in echange for you filling out surveys.

My guess is that with the low sales of the Wiiu and the fact that Nintendo gets a lot of feedback from twitter and miiverse, it's no longer profitable to maintain, manufacture, pay, ship and offer free physical stuff when the surveys are no longer needed.

June lines up with E3, so I think that probably would be a likely time for a replacement program to be announced.

Nintendo cares too much about game devaluation to ever do something like that, imo.

I don't think enough new games are being released on their consoles for a program like that to work right now. It wouldn't be acceptable for them to just release the indie shovel-ware on the eShop as bonus titles for a sub fee.
I agree. Not enough games to really do exactly what they do, but a program to offer discounts on eShop by earning so many points per month could work.

domlolz

Banned
so is EU club nintendo getting anything good like NA has with those redeemable games? or is there no chance at this point?

GeeDuhb

Do we know if games are going to continue to be shipped with CN codes until 3/31 or did that end with the announcement? I have a few games coming before the cutoff, so I hope so...I need these 100 coins to get Platinum, or I am screwed lol

Top Bottom