• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

Megasoum

Banned
I have 600 something coins so I could potentially afford 2 games. I'm tempted by Super Metroid and Super Punchout but I should wait to see what they will release in February.

How many coins do you get for new full games? I was planning on buying ZombiU and Toad for my WiiU at some point but if it would give me enough coins to buy an extra game then I might just pull the trigger early.

Also, sucks I didn't get a code with my Wind Waker HD copy since I bought it from a pawn shop. Oh well, hard to complain when I paid 30$CAN for it lol.

I probably (stupidly) misread everything and registered my horded codes (1400 coins worth), realizing now, that CN ends NEXT year (2015). I've just blown my shot at Platinum for the last year of CN (already was platinum for 2014, prior to unleashing my codes).

Did I make a mistake? everything surrounding CN clarity, seems murky :(

I probably (stupidly) misread everything and registered my horded codes (1400 coins worth), realizing now, that CN ends NEXT year (2015). I've just blown my shot at Platinum for the last year of CN (already was platinum for 2014, prior to unleashing my codes).

It is 2015....

MattVT

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but CN ends this year (I believe you have until the end of March to enter codes), which is 2015. So, no, you did the right thing by registering all your codes. Maybe your confused because the CN year (at least in NA) usually ended in June? Anway, what you did was the right thing to do.

KarmaCow

Club Nintendo is being discontinued.
In NA,
Games released after January 20th will not have Club Nintendo codes.
You will be unable to register codes coins after March 31st.
You will be unable to redeem rewards using coins after June 30th.

I'll leave you to piece it together.

*smacks head*

It is 2015! Where have I been?!?...

...where's that 'watgif' when I need it :p

I know it's 2015, CN usually run fiscal (not calendar) so it threw me off + getting used to it being the new year :p

So what's the deal nowadays? Is the best course of action to register all the codes I still have sitting around and try to grab whatever straggler rewards Nintendo offers? I am close to hitting Gold Elite.

emb

So what's the deal nowadays? Is the best course of action to register all the codes I still have sitting around and try to grab whatever straggler rewards Nintendo offers? I am close to hitting Gold Elite.
Yes. Register everything while you can, hope you manage to grab new rewards as they appear. Hopefully there's a gold/platinum gift for this year too, but I don't know.

Apparently there will be new phyiscal rewards, and dozens of downloable games put up as rewards in February.

Can't earn coins after March I think?

yyr

All of the known details are in the first post of this very thread. Please read it if you haven't already.

emb: North America has said that yes, there will be Gold/Platinum awards, but merely in the form of downloadable games, just like last year.

PassiveObserver: Registering everything you've got right now will allow you to jump on physical rewards when they become available. They will go quickly, and if you don't already have the coins/stars in your account, you will probably miss out. If you're only interested in free downloadable games, then there's no rush; they're not going to run out of those. Just complete all of your registrations at least two weeks before the survey deadline, so you can fill out all of the Post Play surveys that become available one week after registration.

How many coins do you get for new full games?

Generally it's whatever the MSRP of the game is. If it's $50, then 50 coins. However this isn't always true. This page gives the exact values of every game you can register:
https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

MattVT

Yes. Register everything while you can, hope you manage to grab new rewards as they appear. Hopefully there's a gold/platinum gift for this year too, but I don't know.

Apparently there will be new phyiscal rewards, and dozens of downloable games put up as rewards in February.

Can't earn coins after March I think?

There will be a gold/platinum reward this year. From what Nintendo posted, you'll be able to choose from a selection of 3DS and Wii U games.

Edit: This is in North America at least. Not sure about other territories.

Good to know, thanks for the responses, guys. I do recall reading that there will be a Platinum/Gold reward to be made available in April. My only conundrum is right now my coin total is sitting at zero after cashing out on the 18 card case. I'll register one more code to hit my Gold Elite number, but I probably don't have enough to hit 200 or whatever to redeem any eShop games that come out before then. Maybe I should just hit Elite and pawn off the other codes to those who need em.

Megasoum

Banned
So are the games always the same price on the club Nintendo site?

If that's the case then that would mean that, with my 635 coins, I would be 115 coins short of being able to buy 3 games...ugh

btkadams

I'm confused by the explanation on Nintendo's site. I am 70 coins away from Platinum, but is there even a difference between Gold and Platinum for this final year's rewards? It mentions elite status like they're being grouped into one. I'm just wondering if I should be finding a way to earn more coins.

I'm confused by the explanation on Nintendo's site. I am 70 coins away from Platinum, but is there even a difference between Gold and Platinum for this final year's rewards? It mentions elite status like they're being grouped into one. I'm just wondering if I should be finding a way to earn more coins.
Last year gold and platinum had a different list of games to pick from. It most likely will be the same this year.

Jeez, I'm like 100 coins from getting Platinum in US. No one locally carries Steel Diver for 3DS (I don't own a 3DS, but finding a copy for $3 to earn 50 coins is a no-brainer).

Are there any other games that are not listed on Club N's eligible game list that I could find easily locally that gifts a decent amount of coinage?

Or perhaps someone with 2k+ coins with some extra codes could...blegh. :)

MattVT

If you have a Wii U and haven't played Arkham Origins yet (fairly decent game so far, though not as good as the previous Arkham games), it's $19.99 on the eShop and will get you 50 coins. That's how I pushed myself to Platinum status this year.

kurahador

Hope someone can answer me this; I'm thinking of selling my retail copy of Smash 3DS game to go for digital, but I already used the NC code.
Does the new owner still eligible to receive the Mewtwo DLC if he has the Wii U version?

Gestault

Hope someone can answer me this; I'm thinking of selling my retail copy of Smash 3DS game to go for digital, but I already used the NC code.
Does the new owner still eligible to receive the Mewtwo DLC if he has the Wii U version?

Nope, each code can only be redeemed once, and it won't accept after that.

Orgen

Just tried to register 7 Wii games and only 2 went through lol

Anyway, hearing good things about what's next so I'm pretty excited! Let's see if Iwata mentions something about this in the next fiscal report :D

Symphonic

Anyone in this thread giving away NA codes? Is there a thread for that? I know a lot of people are trying to get rid of there's and I'd gladly take some off some hands.

kyo2004

Jeez, I'm like 100 coins from getting Platinum in US. No one locally carries Steel Diver for 3DS (I don't own a 3DS, but finding a copy for $3 to earn 50 coins is a no-brainer).

Are there any other games that are not listed on Club N's eligible game list that I could find easily locally that gifts a decent amount of coinage?

Or perhaps someone with 2k+ coins with some extra codes could...blegh. :)

PES 2013 3D gives 30(register)+10(postplay)...

I bought both for $17 (including local shipping) + $13 (international shipping)...

Hope they came within time for reclaim some Platinum Rewards...

Ants

I couldn't really find a more suitable thread to post this in, and >junior so I can't post threads of my own, but does anyone think that the disappearance of Nintendo ROMs might in any way be related to the disappearance of Club Nintendo? It seems possible to me that their new service might be an overall improved digital distribution service.

I couldn't really find a more suitable thread to post this in, and >junior so I can't post threads of my own, but does anyone think that the disappearance of Nintendo ROMs might in any way be related to the disappearance of Club Nintendo? It seems possible to me that their new service might be an overall improved digital distribution service.

No, it's not related. Nintendo has been closing down rom sites as often and whenever they can and have for at least a decade.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Hasn't Nintendo always been going against piracy of their property? Does not seem too strange to me.

emb

So the game registration still depends on NC code?
What happen once this NC thing gone then?
Not sure what you mean.

The game registration depends only on the code (for the physical version). Whoever enters that code into Club Nintendo first is considered to 'have' that game. If you didn't use the code, and you gave it to someone else, they can register it and qualify for the promotion if they also registered the Wii U version. You already used the code, so the person you sold it to won't be able to. I think the digital version registers as a separate product?, so you'll have Smash 3DS on your account twice (someone correct me on that, or verify).

Once Club Nintendo is gone, presumably there will be other ways to register games for promotions. Mewtwo expires before CN is over I think.

Hopefully something there helped, but I might be misinterpreting.
Anyone in this thread giving away NA codes? Is there a thread for that? I know a lot of people are trying to get rid of there's and I'd gladly take some off some hands.
There is a thread for that: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115958

(Actually, reading the op it looks like it started as just one person giving some out. Oh well, the title is general enough to use for it. Though I have, the past couple days, had trouble finding that thread, and just use the general CN thread or this one.)
Just tried to register 7 Wii games and only 2 went through lol

Anyway, hearing good things about what's next so I'm pretty excited! Let's see if Iwata mentions something about this in the next fiscal report :D
I tried to register a couple DS games, one didn't work. I never noticed the little expiration dates. D:

When is the fiscal report, anyway?

syeefoo

Neo Member
I have:
- 0 codes for Wiimote (the twin pack for Mario and Luigi edition)
- 0 codes for WiiU Pro Controller.

Goes to anyone who need it.

Edit: I'm sorry everyone. :( All finished for now...

Double Edit: Saw some confusion in the later posts... YES... JAPAN Nintendo accessories (not sure if all, at least my JP amiibos didn't have it) comes with a piece of paper printed with Club Nintendo code ( some will have expiry date ) for you to register in JAPAN's Club Nintendo....

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I have:
- 2 codes for Wiimote (the twin pack for Mario and Luigi edition)
- 2 codes for WiiU Pro Controller.

Goes to anyone who need it.

Can I have one? Didn't know the accessories had codes. :p

kurahador

Not sure what you mean.

The game registration depends only on the code (for the physical version). Whoever enters that code into Club Nintendo first is considered to 'have' that game. If you didn't use the code, and you gave it to someone else, they can register it and qualify for the promotion if they also registered the Wii U version. You already used the code, so the person you sold it to won't be able to. I think the digital version registers as a separate product?, so you'll have Smash 3DS on your account twice (someone correct me on that, or verify).

Once Club Nintendo is gone, presumably there will be other ways to register games for promotions. Mewtwo expires before CN is over I think.

Hopefully something there helped, but I might be misinterpreting.

I see. I forgot Mewtwo DLC will be given as a download code for some reason.
Guess that make sense.

Hmm...45 points left for platinum. Wonder if I should open my still sealed Fantasy Life & Layton Curious Village for this.

jkh33

Just did some surveys, now I'm just 25 coins short of hitting platinum status for US club nintendo.

Probably get a downloadable game later that comes with a survey.

Semajer

Urg. Slowly entering my remaining codes. Discovered that 12 Wii codes have expired, as well as three or so DS codes.

Why, God!? Why?

KTGarda

Club Nintendo was never amazing over here compared to Japan, but I did get some cool things out of it. Farewell CN, here's hoping your replacement is a worthwhile successor.

Here's some free Club Nintendo codes for whoever wants 'em. Not sure what games, some DKCR and some Pokemon Alpha Sapphire I think. Just duplicates I don't need. They'll be good for any Gaffer trying to increase their coins for next month. Enjoy guys!

Grab em before they're gone!

nkw-vw4s-f857-yja
x3k-v5kz-vvq5-3z7
n64-b4yv-ps6u-za5
y8n-y9cx-pkw-b8g

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Those are all gone. lol.

Anyone else have this problem? I just tried to register NG3: Razor's Edge and when I put in the PIN, it just took me to my account and didn't actually register anything. So I try to do it again and it says it's already been used. 20 coins from Platinum gah. Opened a support ticket, hopefully they can sort it out.

Haunted

What are the odds there's actually going to be good stuff and it's not all going to 'sell' out in minutes while the site gets hammered?
Judging by the last 13 years of Nintendo reward programs...

hahahahaha no.

It was 99% shit, with something not shit coming out every other year but being gone in seconds. Good fucking riddance. It never felt worth it and I basically stopped bothering to register/check years ago.

Top Bottom