• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

jblank83

I tried to register two games this morning. The site accepted the codes but errored out on the surveys. Result is I didn't get coins for the codes, and now I can't register the codes again as the games are registered in my library.

I contacted CS, but for now I'll be waiting a week or two to register any new codes.

I tried to register two games this morning. The site accepted the codes but errored out on the surveys. Result is I didn't get coins for the codes, and now I can't register the codes again as the games are registered in my library.

I contacted CS, but for now I'll be waiting a week or two to register any new codes.

Check your to-do list. Same thing just happened to me, but the games showed up on my to-do list as surveys.

Sucks that you can't get coins for new products coming out from now on - the n3DS + Majora's Mask + Xenoblade Chroncles would have been a good boost for the end of the club world.

What gonna happen to Mewtwo D:

As long as you register, you should still be able to get him.

Club Nintendo will still be around in US until July, and September for Europe as the very latest. To be honest, I don't expect to see any "new program" until next year.

I'm curious as to what the big change will be. Perhaps everything will be linked directly from your NNID and maybe give you rewards and such similar to the Deluxe Digital Promotion. That'd be awesome

JP

I'm going to be honest and say that I didn't ever read the questionnaires while filling them in, I just just randomly picked stuff to get through them as quickly as possible. So if you want somebody to blame for the recent re-release of Super Mario Galaxy 2 not being a HD Wii U version then you may as well all blame me as I've probably spent years repeatedly telling them that nobody ever wanted it to happen!!! :(

SadMarioIsSad-660x350.jpg

EDIT:
It's probably also my fault that Nintendo only bothered to make 7 Wii U Gamecube Controller Adapters.

How long do post play usually surveys take to show up? The site is moving like molasses, but I'd rather register now and make sure I get the post-play coins in time for anything that might show up in February (I sure regret sitting on a few games for next year, where I could have gotten a some extra coins with the intend to purchase survey).

Though, knowing Nintendo, they'll only have 10 of anything good, and 9 of those well get snatched up by scalpers.

Edit: 30 coins left on Club Nintendo Japan after cashing out as much as possible. Argh, that's going to haunt me forever.

I'm going to be honest and say that I didn't ever read the questionnaires while filling them in, I just just randomly picked stuff to get through them as quickly as possible. So if you want somebody to blame for the recent re-release of Super Mario Galaxy 2 not being a HD Wii U version then you may as well all blame me as I've probably spent years repeatedly telling them that nobody ever wanted it to happen!!! :(

I don't blame you for us not getting Super Mario Galaxy 2 HD. I blame you for us not getting Metroid Prime Trilogy HD.

Downhome

I had a whole bunch of points, but I just logged in and it is saying I have zero now. Has this happened to anyone else? Ugh.

EDIT:

Ok, I logged out and in over and over and over again and they finally showed up, all 1,265 points. I've never had a glitch like that one before. Scared me for a minute.

I hope they have a big cache of stock for February. I'm not even that hardcore about Club Nintendo, but will a lot of coins by Club Nintendo's pricing standard. The juggernauts with 10,000 coins scare me

I hope they have a big cache of stock for February. I'm not even that hardcore about Club Nintendo, but will a lot of coins by Club Nintendo's pricing standard. The juggernauts with 10,000 coins scare me

Nope. It says "limited quantity of exclusive reward items" for a reason. And given the track record, I won't be surprised when some of those rewards start ending up on ebay at ridiculous prices--there are quite a few there already.

Even if I don't get a cool reward to keep, there are plenty of games that I skipped out on that are sure to be present. My sympathy to the people who already have most of the games that are gonna be listed and miss out on the good rewards.

lol went on ebay and bought some 3ds codes to bolster my coins, here's hoping theres some nice stuff before this all goes away

edit:wished the survey site worked right now

ss-hikaru

Phew, bf and I scrambled to enter our JP codes and just scraped together enough points to order the ALBW ost. Not much interesting in the Aus store atm. And poor bf also has a US CN account so there's gonna be lots of code inputting in his future XD

I always found Club Nintendo a bit weird. Well there was the fact that the Aus one pretty much piggybacks off the EU one but sometimes we don't get the same cool stuff... but the major thing for me was the lack of a family account which America seemed to have... At the moment my CN account is kind of a joint one with my lil bro, we buy pretty much all our games retail and share them. Which was fine for surveys, we could say both of us were playing the games, but we couldn't register two of the same game in the very rare instances we got a copy each. Too bad no codes for MM or MH4U.

But in any case we managed to get a couple of cool things in exchange for our stars :) The Super Mario 3D World soundtrack, the zelda pouch, the yoshi plush. Wait was that all? Hahaha.

Just linked my NNID to Club Nintendo account so I can register my Smash Bros 3DS digital purchase before it shutsdown but it's not giving me any option to... Do old purchases automatically register?

Fusebox

Banned
I've got 2500 points in my Club Nintendo Australia account and no I don't want a notebook or some mother#$%^ing shoelaces!

syeefoo

Neo Member
Just linked my NNID to Club Nintendo account so I can register my Smash Bros 3DS digital purchase before it shutsdown but it's not giving me any option to... Do old purchases automatically register?

Not for me. I emailed nintendo support to sort it out though. You need to give them your details like: club nintendo username, game's serial number and transaction ID.

What do I do about a used code that had no way of being used? I gave my friend a Kirby dexlue code. There was no way it could been used before since I did not use it and I bought it brand new from Amazon.

kirby_fox

Banned
Was just able to get the last of my games added in. 110 points short of Platinum for the final year.

Ah well, it's probably download titles again and Gold had a lot to choose from last year.

The 3DS case was tempting but then I realized I only own 3 physical 3DS games. It did look really nice but I don't mind that it's gone now.

-Horizon-

What do I do about a used code that had no way of being used? I gave my friend a Kirby dexlue code. There was no way it could been used before since I did not use it and I bought it brand new from Amazon.
There have been problems with people having their codes used unknowingly by others who most likely brute forced a code until it hit a new one.

Best solution is to just call Nintendo, tell them how you have the code, how there is no game registered under your/your friend's account, give them information on when you made the purchase etc. and hope for the best.

There have been problems with people having their codes used unknowingly by others who most likely brute forced a code until it hit a new one.

Best solution is to just call Nintendo, tell them how you have the code, how there is no game registered under your/your friend's account, give them information on when you made the purchase etc. and hope for the best.

Aw that's really lousy, I hope having it on my amazon account helps me with this. I'll call tomorrow, thanks.

10 points shy of platinum. Blah.

Shame about this program,hopefully something cooler and better replaces it. It's not like there's been good physical goods -in the US at least- for a long time.

Pein

Banned
I saw this earlier and cashed out my 700 coins for the smash posters, should have waited for february but oh well, I guess.

What are the odds there's actually going to be good stuff and it's not all going to 'sell' out in minutes while the site gets hammered?

Top Bottom