• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

This is so silly. Nintendo rejected my Majora's Mask code due to the limited time they gave us to register it. The game is barely two months old. I also ordered Ocarina of Time on monday this week. Arrived today and I could enter the code for that game perfectly. It just makes so little sense how Nintendo go about their business from time to time.

Well I guess 4000 stars is the end of the line for me. Now I just gotta hope for something cool in my star range.

You were allowed to enter a code??

Depends whats valid as i bought Mario Party 10 and tried to enter the code yesterday and its no longer valid. March 31st was supposed to be the last day to enter codes

TheMoon

Depends whats valid as i bought Mario Party 10 and tried to enter the code yesterday and its no longer valid. March 31st was supposed to be the last day to enter codes

Yes obviously. The expiration dates have always been clearly marked on the CN cards, though. We've known that all NEW first party releases would expire March 31st since last October. There was really no need to be surprised by any of this.

RiggyRob

Fuck, I forgot that ORAS and Majora's Mask Club Nintendo codes ran out too, I was holding onto them in case of a free game deal like they did before.

Shit.

kubus

Fuck, I forgot that ORAS and Majora's Mask Club Nintendo codes ran out too, I was holding onto them in case of a free game deal like they did before.

Shit.
Don't feel bad, I, as well as many others forgot as well.

Stupid September 30th thing threw me off :<

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Well I learned my lesson with the Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 codes expiring. Over the weekend, I've entered every last code I had left. 60+ surveys later I have 20,050 stars to spend on something good (I hope) but I never want to see another silver scratch panel or Nintendo survey again.

Linius

Jesus, you won't miss those 500 stars on that total
h8xug2P.png

dani_dc

Well I learned my lesson with the Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 codes expiring. Over the weekend, I've entered every last code I had left. 60+ surveys later I have 20,050 stars to spend on something good (I hope) but I never want to see another silver scratch panel or Nintendo survey again.

I think I might have left my codes back at my parents home.... in a whole different country across the globe.

I was sure I had bought them over with me but I can't find them anywhere.

Etria

Does anyone from Australia/NZ know why the Kirby and 3D World soundtracks are missing from the Stars Catalogue while the UK site still has them? Did I miss out on them? D:

Can I have any hope they will add to the game list The Wonderful 101 for 5000-6000 stars?

At the absurd prices we're being charged? No.

The best value you can get ouit of any fo the download offerings on the UK catalogue is about 288 stars per £1. Thus, a £40 game would be ~11500 stars by the EU pricing.

Bare in mind that's the best case scenario, most of the more expensive stuff in real money terms has a much worse rate for stars/£ (Marios supe rpicross being the worst at over 800 stars per £1). Saying we got the short end of the stick in digital stars pricing is putting it nicely, to say the least.

royox

At the absurd prices we're being charged? No.

The best value you can get ouit of any fo the download offerings on the UK catalogue is about 288 stars per £1. Thus, a £40 game would be ~11500 stars by the EU pricing.

Bare in mind that's the best case scenario, most of the more expensive stuff in real money terms has a much worse rate for stars/£ (Marios supe rpicross being the worst at over 800 stars per £1). Saying we got the short end of the stick in digital stars pricing is putting it nicely, to say the least.

But...but USA had it for 600 coins... >.<

They did, and this is why I have a hard time understanding how people were happy over us paying 4 to 6 times as much (after taking into account that , roughly, 1 coin = 5 stars). We got seriously screwed. Don't expect any full retail games for less than 10,000, if they show up at all.

They don't just get W101 for that 600 coins they could potentially get a platinum gift for earning that as well (if they earned 600 in one year).

Looking at the Wii Points prices I'm just pleased these downloadable games were sometimes slightly better value but I hope I don't have to spend my remaining stars on them.

Bust Nak

Trying to register bayonetta special edition but the system says the code have expired. I suspect it is because I have a UK account and the game is a European copy?

shaneskim

Managed to get another 600 stars from the surveys for digital downloads. Stuff like 3d kid icaru, eurosport channel etc....

Didn't realise you get 250 stars for the Wii u eshop version of metroid prime trilogy!

TheMoon

The dates may be written, but nobody was to expect that Ninty would shorten them, to mere weeks, even.

Games that extend past the final CN deadline (September 30, 2015) obviously end at that point but the specific case of Bayonetta was always gonna expire on March 31, 2015 which it says right on the card itself. Expiry dates have been on the cards for years so there's no excuse for being too lazy to check them, really.

PtM

Banned
Oh right, Bayo is that old, I'm sorry.

The EULA comment was more in line of how I don't check that agreement text every time when I update my 3DS.

MLH

I hope we get some of the cool stuff Japan has before Club Nintendo ends. I really want those exclusive 3DS themes.

PtM

Banned
Come to think of it, stars could be the only instance where I'd pay for Home themes.
But then the pricing would probably suck.

Doczu

Hey guys, i've got a question to ask. I wanted to to get some digital games for my stars, but it asks me to enter a UK adress. The problem is, i'm not from the UK (Poland, no club nintendo here). Can i enter any phony adress and i will receive the goods on my e-mail, or should i add a real adress?

Kiru

Today I got my Kirby Triple Deluxe & Mario 3D World Soundtracks. Kinda disappointed about them. Both are still wrapped and the Kirby one seems to have some printing faults, I can see black stripes on the back & some smear on Kirby's face on the front. The Mario one already lost some of the silver plating in the font and got 2 small cracks in the back of the case... I think I'll try to contact them about the 2 cracks at least. The Kirby stuff seems minor, but still visible for OCD/collector maniacs like me, lol.

EDIT: Maybe they found all the Soundtracks that didn't pass the QA and restocked the store with them lol.

Etria

Has anyone ever had surveys retrospectively added to their account once the Wii U is linked to Club Nintendo? I belatedly realised that I made some purchases prior to linking, and they're not showing up under my account :/

PtM

Banned
Has anyone ever had surveys retrospectively added to their account once the Wii U is linked to Club Nintendo? I belatedly realised that I made some purchases prior to linking, and they're not showing up under my account :/
That would be way too abusable, if you think about it.

Top Bottom