• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk to undergo back surgery on Wednesday; UFC debut delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen that gif in the OP hundreds of times, but the way Punk's knees buckle inward really demonstrates how hard he was trying to lift those steps (or the other way: how much of a failure it was for him).

I would consider myself a CM Punk fan, and 2-3 fights is all we can really hope for from him. I'd like to see him win one of them.

DMczaf

He signed with UFC in 2014. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

cm-punk-mma-experience.jpg

He got taken out before his actual debut. Vince, you sneaky fuck.

Does anyone honestly think that he isn't going to get absolutely clobbered?

GodofWine

Back surgery is no light decision, and it is usually preceded by ALOT of pain, like you can't get off the ground pain. Unless he really popped it within the past week, his timing makes this seem like a good excuse to not fight... I dunno, we'll see, but if your back is just nagging you, and you can train and get through camp, IMO (multiple herniated discs here :/ ) you can fight. But I also know that you can go from feeling great for years to waking up and not being able to roll over suddenly one morning, and walking around like an old man for weeks...so could be legit, back pain sucks

Concern trolling is all he does.

Do you want to maybe address my point rather than carrying on this passive aggressive personal attack, why are we mocking a man for taking care of his health rather than submitting to the savage demands of his "fans"?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Op is missing this golden quote from the cited article:

"It got bad enough to the point where I couldn't do anything the week before I went to train with the New Jersey Devils last month. One day I could manage, the next day I couldn't. I've been in agony for almost a month. Chiropractor, acupuncture, massage, cryotherapy ... nothing worked."

On Saturday, Punk learned that he would be facing 24-year-old Mickey Gall in his debut after Gall defeated fellow UFC newcomer Mike Jackson via first-round rear-naked choke. Coincidentally for Punk, he was advised by his doctor right before the fight that he needed surgery, but Punk decided to keep that news for himself.

So even before the Gall thing happened he had been in pain for a month!

It's odd. He wasn't supposed to fight until June at 199 or July at 200. If he just had the surgery and recovery is only a month, why would his debut have to be delayed? He should be healed in well-enough time to have a camp and fight in June or July.

I'm assuming after being 6 weeks out you need time to get back in shape for a fight. A full camp is what 2-3 months?

Raylan

Banned

With the WWE going down the shitter, without any stars, I'm sure he isn't laughing now.
CM Punk, on the other hand, can laugh. He's not an ultimate ass kisser like HHH.

Well he shit on the whole business and fan base.

And that wrestling shit gave him millions.
Yeah, just believe that. He isn't an ass kisser like all the other "stars" in the WWE.
He said "fuck you" and left Vinny and Levesque. Right decision. Fuck them.

jmdajr

With the WWE going down the shitter, without any stars, I'm sure he isn't laughing now.
CM Punk, on the other hand, can laugh. He's not an ultimate ass kisser like HHH.

Yeah, just believe that. He isn't an ass kisser like all the other "stars" in the WWE.
He said "fuck you" and left Vinny and Levesque. Right decision. Fuck them.

And Fuck CM Punk right back. He's a bitch.

Demoskinos

I love Punk but dude just needs to go back to writing comic books and hanging out with Chris Hardwick on Nerdist. You're old Punk if you're getting back surgery now before you debut even... like for fucks sake.

Raylan

Banned
And Fuck CM Punk right back. He's a bitch.
You know who's a bitch? HHH. The ultimate hoe, who slept his way to the top.
A.k.a the pet of the bosses daughter. It's funny and sad at the same time. CM Punk had the balls to say FU and left. By god.... people love him for that. And damn, a few little WWE fans hate him for that.

Op is missing this golden quote from the cited article:

So even before the Gall thing happened he had been in pain for a month!

You bolded the wrong thing.

It got bad enough to the point where I couldn't do anything the week before I went to train with the New Jersey Devils last month. One day I could manage, the next day I couldn't. I've been in agony for almost a month. Chiropractor, acupuncture, massage, cryotherapy ... nothing worked."

On Saturday, Punk learned that he would be facing 24-year-old Mickey Gall in his debut after Gall defeated fellow UFC newcomer Mike Jackson via first-round rear-naked choke. Coincidentally for Punk, he was advised by his doctor right before the fight that he needed surgery, but Punk decided to keep that news for himself.

How the fuck did he expect to get better with pseudoscience?

Juicy Bob

I think we have to start facing facts. Wrestlers have short shelf-lives.

Except if their name is Kane or Big Show.

Fox318

CM Punk worked the shooters into a work thinking that he was going to shoot instead he worked a work so that he wouldn't have to shoot against shooters.

jmdajr

You know who's a bitch? HHH. The ultimate hoe, who slept his way to the top.
A.k.a the pet of the bosses daughter. It's funny and sad at the same time. CM Punk had the balls to say FU and left. By god.... people love him for that. And damn, a few little WWE fans hate him for that.

Yeah. People hate CM Punk because he left. No other reason.

lol look at this asshole taking care of his health

while it is good he is taking care of his health he deserves to be mocked for signing to the UFC so early. this contract should have been in like 2016 after he had a good deal of training and took care of his surgeries.

when it's not health concerns which is a valid excuse then it's always "he's not ready yet...he's not ready yet"

jmdajr

So how much money has Punk milked from UFC so far? I don't know how these contracts work.

Have the Phil Brooks shirts been good sellers? More hits on the website to read his extensive bio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom