• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big of a deal will CM Punk's first UFC fight be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be big. Up there with the rousey, conor, brock buys for sure

Dude will be mediocre at best but it's definitely gonna be money for the ufc

Fuck that dude tho. Hope he gets whooped. Cries about wrestling booking and superstars getting the spotlight and proceeds to try and do the same thing in the ufc

DeathyBoy

Banned

Fuck that dude tho. Hope he gets whooped. Cries about wrestling booking and superstars getting the spotlight and proceeds to try and do the same thing in the ufc

I think you grossly overestimate how many fans CM Punk had at the peak of his popularity in the WWE, let alone those who'd still follow him two plus years later.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Pretty much.

Complained about part timers stealing the spot light in WWE -> Takes his name to UFC and takes the spotlight

Fox318

Point may be moot. You can sim in UFC2 and watch him get beat up all day if you like.

If it does happen, plenty of hype because wrestling marks are fools with their money, ensuring a big gate and PPV buys.

He'll open up UFC 200 or 201 or they cut him.

They have given him plenty of time.

I think you grossly overestimate how many fans CM Punk had at the peak of his popularity in the WWE, let alone those who'd still follow him two plus years later.

He's always the hottest MMA news whenever there's an update. I dunno if he will be the main event tho. That would be weird as fuck to have this greenhorn on the posters.

They might try to pair it with a rousey or jones match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom