• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Donald Trump slams CIA Director Brennan, ask if he leaked Russian Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump on Sunday night slammed outgoing CIA Director John Brennan for imploring the President-elect to put his confidence in the intelligence community and develop an "appreciation" for the effect his words could have on national security.

The CIA chief defended his agency and said in a Sunday interview with Fox News' Chris Wallace that the CIA was not trying to harm the incoming President or his team.
"There is no interest in undermining the President-elect and the team coming in. It's our responsibility to make sure they understand exactly the dangers that are out there," Brennan said.

Trump has slammed the intelligence community repeatedly over the past few weeks in response to what he said was unfair coverage caused by leaked information from intelligence officials. On Sunday evening he even pointed fingers directly at the CIA director over Twitter.

".@FoxNews 'Outgoing CIA Chief, John Brennan, blasts Pres-Elect Trump on Russia threat. Does not fully understand.' Oh really, couldn't do...much worse - just look at Syria (red line), Crimea, Ukraine and the build-up of Russian nukes. Not good! Was this the leaker of Fake News?" he wrote.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/15/politics/john-brennan-cia-donald-trump/index.html

Paz

This really pisses me off. If it was a leak, it's not fake news. It literally can't be both.

You think Trump voters know what the words Fake News means? Seriously? He talks to them like this because he can and because it works.

Mr.Mike

Sure, just set your base against everyone who disagrees with you, or even so much as asks you to think before you tweet.

At this point, I really just hope America as a Republic can survive Trump. If Dems just could have won a small majority on the Senate, I would feel less dread, but as it stands, I just don't know if the country will survive.

RPGCrazied

What a man! What a role model! /s

Please let them find dirt on him with the Russians. I really want to see this man fall like Nixon.

Horns

Trump is unwilling to allow negative things said about him go unchecked. It's going to reach a point where Trump will get someone hurt or killed.

CrunchyB

So, suddenly he thinks Russia is bad?

No, Russian nukes are bad, it's why Trump wants to make a deal with Russia to decomission some of those nukes.

In return, the US will drop all sanctions and everything will be well again in the world.

Scientist have been discredited. Climate change is a hoax.

Media has been discredited. They all have a liberal agenda.

Now the intelligence agencies are going to be discredited.

Who's next?

7Th

Is Trump confirming that the leaked dossier is authentic? Wasn't it made up by the lying media? He can't even keep his story straight.

liquidtmd

Banned
How long you guys think he will be president before he's impeached?

I think he will stand down by June because he knows impeachment is inevitable. He will hand off to Pence, come up with the bullshit medical reason, then spend the rest of 2017 saying how he would have been the Greatest President of all time.

I'm dead serious.

JordanN

Banned
How long you guys think he will be president before he's impeached?

I use to think soon, but when Republicans control everything how do you get rid of him?

We already heard about the Russia stuff last year yet Trump has still made it this far. It would literally take Obama doing something drastic but that would cause civil war (even though he would be saving American democracy by stopping a Kremlin puppet from taking office).

entremet

You better believe the GOP is thinking about impeachment. The issue is sensitive since their base would revolt.

I think he will stand down by June because he knows impeachment is inevitable. He will hand off to Pence, come up with the bullshit medical reason, then spend the rest of 2017 saying how he would have been the Greatest President of all time.

I'm dead serious.

I could possibly see this if Dems had a majority in either part of Congress, but with a full GOP Congress? I just don't know, I can't see it as more than a fantasy. If there comes a point where Dems actually take control of Congress, even in a small capacity, though, I guarantee that something like this will take place. But I have no idea if we'll ever see something like that in our lifetime again.

norinrad

How do you manage to have a fight with all Intelligent agencies?

Well you can replace them with your Yes men once they start to fight back.

Kurdel

Banned
This really pisses me off. If it was a leak, it's not fake news. It literally can't be both.

This also makes my head spin.

Also, the media and so many people had the document and it wasn't even classified. Using the documents unverified nature against the CIA with the goal of discrediting them is such a weird tactic.

RPGCrazied

Don't forget, congress would rather have Pence at the end of the day. So impeachment is still an option even to a congress held by them.

kingocfs

They've made the term meaningless. Now the act of pointing a finger at Putin's Macedonian misinformation farms and decrying it as fake news has no sting.

Instead of "fake news" we can just say "this shit is completely made up why are you believing this get off of Facebook, Dad"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom