• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Donald Trump slams CIA Director Brennan, ask if he leaked Russian Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Me:
3mLydMU.jpg

You can't leak something that's fake.
You either don't know the meaning of the word "leak"(which imply you're the most stupid president the USA will ever get, which isn't a surprise to anyone), or you're admitting everything in there is true.

RaidenZR

It's so interesting to me how quickly everybody forgot about how much they hated/feared/vilified Russia, The USSR, The Soviets, The Reds, etc etc for DECADES. I don't see how orange dildobat has been as successful as he has in promoting a closer relationship with Russia.

Greed, power, or the promise of power are all great influencers.

Biske

I hate how the right has coopted the term "fake news."

It will get played out eventually.

As the Trump presidency goes on it will be harder and harder to just white wash over everything with "fake news"

Its one thing with Trump shadowing Obama and bitching, but when he is in charge, he gets all the blame and just looks more and more ridiculous.

Specially when Trump starts disappointing his base and the racists, already hearing stories how Alt-Right folks are getting disillusioned finding out that they don't have much sway, as much as they were hoping.

Not sure how America can "heal" when 25% of the country prefers to align itself with an anti-American, Russian-backed White nationalist populism.
We're in a new era.

kiguel182

Even if the report is fake the news itself isn't. The news was "here's a leak document that is being showed to Trump and Obama". The document being fake or not doesn't make the news less true.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I fucking hate that "fake news" is a thing now. Directed at not fake news.

So much misinformation.
It's abusive boyfriend tactics.

I'm not wrong! You're wrong!

It's not my fault! It's your fault for making me do this!

I'm not lying! You're lying!

You're making me angry and when I get angry, I beat you. So it's your fault for making me angry.

RDreamer

he will go with him. Hopefully we get Ryan

This is not a sentence that should ever be uttered.

Actually I'd rather have Pence than Ryan. Ryan is an absolute true believer and terrible. He's also got just enough charisma that I feel he could almost pull off making people like him. No one's getting excited over Pence. Thus hopefully we'd get a new president sooner rather than later.

jiggles

Banned
I fucking hate that "fake news" is a thing now. Directed at not fake news.

So much misinformation.

I think the more worrying thing is that the press doesn't really seem to be defending eachother. I mean, with Trump falsely accusing CNN of pushing lies, why weren't all the networks dogpiling on him for it?

In the aftermath, the only ones really taking the time to prove CNN reported an accurate story were CNN themselves, but if you're being accused of lying by some asshole with a megaphone, your own word isn't really worth shit in your defense.

Trump picking off opposition one-by-one by slandering them individually, knowing they aren't going to defend one another, well, that's how we got here. That's his fucking modus operandi, and nobody seems willing to step up and put competition to one side to behold him to facts.

LOL. I have a right wing Korean War vet in the family, he doesn't care what Russia did he's just happy the GOP won.

Bro, I don't even know what to say to that, but he's not alone. What will it take to wake up these blindly-loyal conservatives to the real & present danger that is Kremlin influence over the US at large.

This is what worries me. Is the whole Trump cabinet compromised?

Pence was suggested by Bannon, wasn't he?

No Pence was pushed by Paul manafort.

But the thing to understand as to how we know Pence isn't AS compromised is that throughout the campaign, there was constant word of Pence not being part of Trump's "inner circle".

Onaco

If this gets bigger, we might have to explain to students what a Golden Shower is in History classes. Hell, we might have an entire history class dedicated to Trump's presidency and how the United States fell.

shiba5

I have to wonder what people who are working in the intelligence agencies think of the upcoming president constantly antagonizing them.

I'm incensed that he has access to classified information. If he were applying for a regular job in the IC, he would never qualify for a TS clearance - hell, maybe not even a Secret. Yet here we are.

zethren

Banned
It's abusive boyfriend tactics.

I'm not wrong! You're wrong!

It's not my fault! It's your fault for making me do this!

I'm not lying! You're lying!

You're making me angry and when I get angry, I beat you. So it's your fault for making me angry.

Holy shit, you're right...

UberTag

I think the more worrying thing is that the press doesn't really seem to be defending eachother. I mean, with Trump falsely accusing CNN of pushing lies, why weren't all the networks dogpiling on him for it?
Russian journalists blogged about this exact behavior because they've seen it in their own country. Trump is pitting our voices in the media against one another which is why the MSNBCs and Bob Woodwards of the world went to bat for him after he threw the gauntlet down against CNN and decried them as the enemy.

kevin1025

Banned
I really hate to use Ted Cruz as a positive example for... uh, anything, but look at his reaction to Trump dumping actual fake news on him, from mistress accusations through the National Enquirer to those bizarre comments about his father being involved with the JFK assassination.

He just firmly said that was bullshit and offensive and moved on.

For whatever reason Trump just keeps going back to this. He's utterly shocked and appalled. Of all the constant shit-flinging he endures, this is the one that he seemingly can't get over.

Well, this and SNL. Which also portrays him in a particularly accurate way.

Seems to me things get under his skin when they're close to the truth. "No puppet! No puppet!"

The other baffling part that has been mentioned on quite a few news outlets is that he is the King of Fake News with his birther junk. But then when someone gets a whiff of his perversions, he calls foul and is completely shocked at what he labels fake news.

But you're right, Ted Cruz handled things the right way, even if the JFK thing was the final straw for his campaign --- at least in terms of the shit he's willing to take.

Scientist have been discredited. Climate change is a hoax.

Media has been discredited. They all have a liberal agenda.

Now the intelligence agencies are going to be discredited.

Who's next?

Put this way, the USA is slowly turning into a Fascist Dictatorship without the static dictator. It really is the kind of behaviour you could find from the Middle East and Africa if you threw a dart at a map

Xtyle

The other baffling part that has been mentioned on quite a few news outlets is that he is the King of Fake News with his birther junk. But then when someone gets a whiff of his perversions, he calls foul and is completely shocked at what he labels fake news.

But you're right, Ted Cruz handled things the right way, even if the JFK thing was the final straw for his campaign --- at least in terms of the shit he's willing to take.

Nothing g baffling about that. It is simply how he operates. It's also probably a tactic rather than simply a personality. He's been called out a lot but so far it's not been effective at all.

Not just birther stuff, he frequently retweeted fake news during his campaign.

gaugebozo

"...build-up of Russian nukes..." Whoa whoa there chief. Build up? We have a new START treaty with them and they're reducing their nuclear arms. It was passed over the objections of many Republicans. Is this a front to give incentive for us to drop sanctions?

Why is Donald Trump so stupid? He had the money growing up to receive education at the top institutes of higher learning in the world. So, how did he end up so dumb?

Mr.Mike

This is not a sentence that should ever be uttered.

Actually I'd rather have Pence than Ryan. Ryan is an absolute true believer and terrible. He's also got just enough charisma that I feel he could almost pull off making people like him. No one's getting excited over Pence. Thus hopefully we'd get a new president sooner rather than later.

The place where Ryan could do the most damage is in legislative matters. If he were to become President his focus would be on stuff like foreign policy instead of getting rid of the welfare state. And on foreign policy he'd carry on with the usual foreign policy, something I sorely miss now. I don't know how hawkish he is, but he doesn't seem to have spared the military from his proposed budget cuts, so that part might actually be alright.

Put this way, the USA is slowly turning into a Fascist Dictatorship without the static dictator. It really is the kind of behaviour you could find from the Middle East and Africa if you threw a dart at a map

I think this has only been possible with the slow but steady erosion of public education. The public can only be fooled so easily if they were never educated to discern the difference between propaganda and sourced, documented journalism & science.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I think he will stand down by June because he knows impeachment is inevitable. He will hand off to Pence, come up with the bullshit medical reason, then spend the rest of 2017 saying how he would have been the Greatest President of all time.

I'm dead serious.

0_0

Bookmarked for June.

Greed, power, or the promise of power are all great influencers.

Worse, it's only because their team was helped by Russia. That's all. There's nothing really to benefit them, nothing to benefit most of the world outside Russia, it's literally just about them helping their team. It's like watching a football game, and somehow the weather changed suddenly, and your team got the advantage due to playing a little better in the rain. That's how a very large part of the GOP base looks at politics. Not to say there's not a decent amount of that on the left, but conservatives have just been so brainwashed into it all they can't see anything but the team

Me:

You can't leak something that's fake.
You either don't know the meaning of the word "leak"(which imply you're the most stupid president the USA will ever get, which isn't a surprise to anyone), or you're admitting everything in there is true.

Yea, and usually leaks mean classified info. The dossier is not classified...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Why is Donald Trump so stupid? He had the money growing up to receive education at the top institutes of higher learning in the world. So, how did he end up so dumb?
Probably spoiled rotten because of his wealth, and TL;DRed everything in his life as a result.

Never needed to pay attention to anything because someone could always do it for him, or he could throw money at the problem to make it go away.

cress2000

He only cares about himself and probably figured out that manipulating dumb people to get his way is easier.

Mr.Mike

How do we stealthily encourage critical analysis in more people, especially religious people?

Encourage people to read news from right-leaning, but credible news sources? Stuff like the Wall Street Journal and The Economist. Maybe even gift subscriptions to family members. They might reject those sources as liberal propaganda, in which case I have no clue.

How do we stealthily encourage critical analysis in more people, especially religious people?

You can't really, especially to most religious people.* The thing that we have to do is embrace this post-truth world, but keep enough truth wrapped up in the lies and propaganda for the seeds to grow down the road. People can fight the idea of thsi post-truth world all they want, but it's here, and will most likely define the majority of the modern generation.

*Just to clarify, I know this is the case for all religious people, okay, but I've lived in the South all my life, was raised around these people all my life, the kind of religious people we're talking about doesn't put much critical thought into anything, especially politics, that have been totally co-oped by the right. The only chance is if there was a mega-preacher who showed up, captured their interest, and flipped their beliefs totally around.

Encourage people to read news from right-leaning, but credible news sources? Stuff like the Wall Street Journal and The Economist. Maybe even gift subscriptions to family members. They might reject those sources as liberal propaganda, and then I have no clue.

They don't read, at least not articles. Only blurbs here and there on Facebook posts. These people are almost entirely TV watchers. Almost entirely Fox News watchers at that. If they flip over to CNN for a bit they'll be blasted with 'both side, both sides, both side,' and MSNBC...yeah, they're never going to watch MSNBC. And they'll take a bullet to the head before even thinking of something like PBS.

Not

Banned
The only chance is if there was a mega-preacher who showed up, captured their interest, and flipped their beliefs totally around.

This actually is probably more effective than you think. Progressive-leaning preachers, in my personal experience, cloaking anti-conservative concepts in Biblical or theological language have been more effective in pushing people towards empathy than anything else I've seen. And when you realize that the people who exploit and cater to your beliefs possess no empathy at all, that encourages critical thought.

Not

Banned
He's obsessed with revenge, there's not a spine to be found in his party, and he's about to be in command of the most powerful military on the planet.

He'll be president for the rest of his life, term limits be damned.

Fair to say this is worst case scenario. But that seems to be America's thing lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom