• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Donald Trump slams CIA Director Brennan, ask if he leaked Russian Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisal233

So, suddenly he thinks Russia is bad?

No, he thinks Russian nukes are bad. That was he can justify a new nuke deal with them where we both reduce nukes and Russia gets the Ukraine sanctions lifted... while they still occupy Crimea.

Only Trump can pull that off with his incredible negotiating skills.

Beartruck

If the Russians helped the entire Trump campaign get in power, who is to say Pence will be different?

Reports came out a while ago that while Trump mostly ignores the daily intelligence briefings, Pence has attended every single one, because he understands how dangerous it is to not. I'll take Pence any day.

RDreamer

This also makes my head spin.

Also, the media and so many people had the document and it wasn't even classified. Using the documents unverified nature against the CIA with the goal of discrediting them is such a weird tactic.

It's not a weird tactic, really. It's genius. They used Buzzfeed's release of the document in order to discredit CNN's reporting as "fake news." If you understand exactly what CNN was reporting that makes no fucking sense. They're counting on the fact that people don't really understand and also muddying the water at the same time.

Remember when the right were mocking the left for talking about fake news? Now its all they can talk about.

The cognitive dissonance on display is astounding.

jelly

If you had the smoking gun evidence to get rid of him before or after he becomes President, which would be easier or just the same?

If you had the smoking gun evidence to get rid of him before or after he becomes President, which would be easier or just the same?

I think it would be much easier after, actually. Far more scrutiny & they could pop him on anything if they don't want him there

Zukkoyaki

Probably after he becomes president because at that point the line of succession is set. Before would basically be a constitutional crisis of "who the fuck is in charge?!?!"

Horns

Reports came out a while ago that while Trump mostly ignores the daily intelligence briefings, Pence has attended every single one, because he understands how dangerous it is to not. I'll take Pence any day.

Pence is an enabler. As far as I am concerned if this Russia stuff brings Trump down his entire administration must go with it.

Kurdel

Banned
It's not a weird tactic, really. It's genius. They used Buzzfeed's release of the document in order to discredit CNN's reporting as "fake news." If you understand exactly what CNN was reporting that makes no fucking sense. They're counting on the fact that people don't really understand and also muddying the water at the same time.

I should hav phrased that better, I meant it's an unsual course of action.

Like, trying his old tactics of naming and shaming against the very people that have the most tools to go through and reveal his dirty laundry has a high chance of backfiring.

I guess this is pre-emptive damage control to discredit them our of the gate for when the inevitable impeachment trail begins.

Amalthea

Banned
It's nice to see that he can't even keep his stories consistent in the same sentence.

As horrifying his presidency will be, it's gonna be interesting how he will be able to pass anything if he can't formulate or think through anything properly. I know, his aides gonna do all the work but what if he insists. on some really paradoxical shit. Would they know what to do?

Like the 'fence', will he stand in front of it an yell "Mr. Mexican-Presidente pay me that wall!" across the border?

The great thing about this is that Trump's regular deflection tactics aren't working. In other cases he stopped talking about something and switched subjects, but he's can't help himself.

It reminds me of the debate where he would have avoided Hillary's Russia bait if he didn't go right back to talking about Putin.

jelly

I think it would be much easier after, actually. Far more scrutiny & they could pop him on anything if they don't want him there

Probably after he becomes president because at that point the line of succession is set. Before would basically be a constitutional crisis of "who the fuck is in charge?!?!"

Shame, I would love nothing more than to see it snatched from his fingers and be nothing in Presidential history.

At this point I swear USA is becoming a giant experiment on multiple fronts (press, science, politics, leadership, foreign relations, national intelligence etc). Like something you would simulate in a hyper realistic modern day version of Crusader Kings to see how things pan out.

I hope the rest of the world is watching and taking notes.

At this point, I really just hope America as a Republic can survive Trump. If Dems just could have won a small majority on the Senate, I would feel less dread, but as it stands, I just don't know if the country will survive.

I hope it doesn't, lets split this shit into two countries already and get it over with.I have no desire to be "united" with anyone in the GOP or anyone who supports them.

Mariolee

That's been the thing I'm shocked no one has called out him or his team on. Why is he so childishly upset at something he calls both a leak and fake?

People have called his team on it. Anderson Cooper on his show literally called out Kelly Anne Conway on his show about it and she just skirted the issue.

He'll be smeared and discredited. Blackmailed into stepping down at worst.

Nothing good, that's for sure. But at the same time, the top guy is on his way out and replaced with Trump's choice, so I'm not sure where things stand in a week or two.

Sure he can instate a new queen, but the worker bees of the intelligence community aren't so easily replaced. I only want whats best for the ol' red white & blue, hope one of the behind the scene players has a plan for this mess.

RDreamer

I should hav phrased that better, I meant it's an unsual course of action.

Like, trying his old tactics of naming and shaming against the very people that have the most tools to go through and reveal his dirty laundry has a high chance of backfiring.

I guess this is pre-emptive damage control to discredit them our of the gate for when the inevitable impeachment trail begins.

Yeah, he's been going with the "these are the same people that failed the Iraq intel" thing for a while. If something does come out he's been discrediting them for a while.

Making an enemy of the IC doesn't make a whole lotta sense overall though... I guess unless he KNOWS it's already out there. Weird.

Guy.brush

What happens when you fuck with the CIA?

Umbrella-Man.jpg

Maxim726X

If it's not what they want people to hear, it's "fake news". Very worrying

Did you really expect anything else?

Of course they would make it their own, and just apply the term to anything that isn't Breitbart/Fox/Drudge.

It's what they've done for years, and it works. We should stop being surprised by their tactics.

rjinaz

No, Russian nukes are bad, it's why Trump wants to make a deal with Russia to decomission some of those nukes.

In return, the US will drop all sanctions and everything will be well again in the world.

Yep. Trump and Putin are trying to play the American people, and it will work. We are simple folk. This good, this bad. No in between or agendas.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
My head hurts every time I see or read anything that this guy says. Everyone else tries to talk to him like a civilized person and Trump says something to the effect of "Nuh uh ur mom!!" every single time. Just ridiculously childish and incoherent responses all day, in every news story for over a year now.

And to top it off, his base probably eats it all up with equally mindless "OHHHHHHH YOU GOT SERRVEEEDDDD LOOOOOOLLLL" bullshit to anything Trump says because he can do no wrong in their eyes.

Sulik2

I love this. The one group who can actually can deal with Trump is the group he keeps attacking. You do not piss off the CIA if you want to have a long political career. Some sort of smoking gun to get him impeached is going to show up, it will never be traced back to the CIA, but it will absolutely come from them, whether real or created. I would expected something to do with Trump's Jefferey Epstein association rather then Russia. Less blowback for a pedophile then a Russian stooge.

Trump is unwilling to allow negative things said about him go unchecked. It's going to reach a point where Trump will get someone hurt or killed.

These things are already set in motion. The extent to which Americans will regret what they have done will increase steadily every month, every year.

Sure he can instate a new queen, but the worker bees of the intelligence community aren't so easily replaced. I only want whats best for the ol' red white & blue, hope one of the behind the scene players has a plan for this mess.
Trump is fortunate this isn't the 60s. This Russia stuff would have not been good for his health with that era's Agency.

Trump is fortunate this isn't the 60s. This Russia stuff would have not been good for his health with that era's Agency.

It's so interesting to me how quickly everybody forgot about how much they hated/feared/vilified Russia, The USSR, The Soviets, The Reds, etc etc for DECADES. I don't see how orange dildobat has been as successful as he has in promoting a closer relationship with Russia.

It's so interesting to me how quickly everybody forgot about how much they hated/feared/vilified Russia, The USSR, The Soviets, The Reds, etc etc for DECADES. I don't see how orange dildobat has been as successful as he has in promoting a closer relationship with Russia.
LOL. I have a right wing Korean War vet in the family, he doesn't care what Russia did he's just happy the GOP won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom