• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama’s Former Director of National Intelligence Says Obama Behind Entire Russia Witch Hunt!

Dev1lXYZ

You literally addressed none of my points. But I should've expect as much from a conspiracy propagandist. It is hilariously ironic when you constantly posts conspiracy fueled fake outrage headlines from websites like TRUE PUNDIT and THE GATEWAY PUNDIT and then talk about the credibility of media sources. What happened to LISA PAGE DIMES OUT CLINTON-CHINA CONSPIRACY? Oh, that's right, that was total garbage conspiracy fueled by your literally fake news websites. You are a walking poster boy for the "post-truth" fake news propaganda machine.

Besides this, your statements about pundit/media source/politician is false. There are plenty of left leaning pundits who find the dossier credible, just as Trump supporters think it's part of a CONSPIRACY. There are plenty of media sources that repeatedly state that a good amount of the dossier's information has been verified by other sources, which speaks positively to it's credibility. As for politicians, democrats clearly support the assertions of the FBI, as they state in their memo:

And here is an article by media source businessinsider detaililng how Carter Page's testimony ended up corroborating key parts of the dossier:

https://www.businessinsider.com/car...l-testimony-transcript-steele-dossier-2017-11

I mean, do I need to keep posting more articles and sources? Or are you just going to mouth off again, cite nothing other than conspiracy websites or gut feelings, and then scuttle back into your pro-Russia conspiracy corner?

My gut feelings alone TRUMP your fake news multinational owned corporate media sources. Keep up the name calling and I’ll keep TRUTH telling. How about this: FUCK DEMOCRATS and FUCK THE DEMOCRAT PARTY. That party is DEAD. They won’t take the Senate-will probably lose seats and more than likely the same will happen in the House. Nobody believes their lies anymore. They can implode while I toast Trump and the Republicans and laugh at dumb libtards. 6 Obama appointees about to lose their security clearances for selling info to the multinational corporate owned media. Another win. HAHAHA

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

The overall FISA application is ridiculously short on substance, and generally is a long way from providing the evidence needed for Title-1 surveillance authority over a U.S. person. In fact, the FISA application is very sloppy… almost as if it wasn’t a priority to have a solid and defensible document. I think there’s a simple reason for that.
After all, the DOJ and FBI never thought anyone would ever be looking at this issue; they thought Hillary Clinton was going to win. To quote the disposition of FBI Counterintelligence Agent Peter Strzok: “I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office that there’s no way he gets elected – but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40.” Key word: “unlikely“, they never contemplated -until later- the full scope of justification that would be needed…. they were setting up something no-one really thought would need to be utilized…. all of the legal apoplexy and ass-covering came in hindsight.
So when we review the FISA application, it is worth reminding yourself this was a tool, a temporary means to an end, they never thought they would actually need…. so they didn’t spend a great deal of time hammering out the finer points. The political surveillance was useful, but it was likely never to be known how it was utilized. Ms. Lisa Page was focused on empowering Hillary Clinton, stupid -albeit useful and obnoxiously arrogant- Pete was in charge of the less-than and likely unneeded insurance.

The current DOJ and FBI elements of the intelligence community are only slightly less corrupt internally than they were prior to the Trump inauguration. Institutionally they are still full of corrupt individuals; and administratively they are managed by people concerned about retaining the institutions – not eliminating the corruption. In our ongoing opinion this institutional emphasis is misplaced and misguided at best, and complicit at worst; likely more the latter.
This context frames the very first identifiable issue with the release: why redact the dates? There appears to be a purposeful set of date redactions in this release. There is no “sources or methods” reason to redact the dates…. which leads to the second issue: why release a March 17, 2017, copy [see FISC Clerk stamp] of the original October 2016 FISA application material.

Why did the FISC send the DOJ a copy of the FISA application in March 2017? This copy was not sent to file a renewal, the first renewal was in January 2017. So why is the release using a March 17th issued copy from the FISC, to present the original October 2016 application? Secondly, why are the filing dates for the next three sets of renewal documents all redacted?

First, page #2. They say outright: “The target of this application [Page] IS an agent of a foreign power”. Emphasis mine.
Second, page #4. They spell out their definition of a “foreign agent” — basically, somebody who KNOWINGLY engages in clandestine intelligence activities for a foreign power, or who KNOWINGLY conspires with others to do the same.
Then in the very next paragraph they say: “This application targets Carter Page. [According to page #2, a known foreign agent] The FBI believes Page has been the subject of TARGETED RECRUITMENT by the Russian Government …”. As always, emphasis mine.
How the F*CK can Page be a “foreign agent” who KNOWINGLY engaged in activities FOR A FOREIGN POWER, but at the same time be a “target for recruitment” by THE SAME FOREIGN POWER??????
He’s either RECRUITED. Or he’s NOT RECRUITED. He can’t be both. Duh.
WTF? Or maybe all this comes down to what the meaning of the word “is” is. As in Carter Page IS an agent of a foreign power.​
A very righteous opinion. Though remember: (1) this was part of the insurance policy aspect the DOJ/FBI never fathomed they would have to justify in detail; and (2) FISA stuff is classified, the DOJ/FBI never thought it would see the light of day.

More TRUTH at the link

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...doj-fbi-fisa-application-release/#more-152035

I dont think you know what this means. Its actually unreal that Clapper stated this when you look at everything as a whole.

I am honestly shocked.

Extremely surprising. I wonder why Clapper is speaking out ? I wonder if there are anymore bombshells coming ?

Just from what has been released publically, it's blatantly obvious the entire special counsel investigation was a political witch hunt. The surveillance was mostly justified on the Steele dossier. Which the FBI did not disclose the financial and opposition political party origins to the FISA court.

guggnichso

Banned
I just wanted to come in and say that I think it is the duty of a head of a state to order further investigations into a situation when your secret service comes to you and says they have suspicions that agents of an authoritarian regime tries to influence your country’s democratic process negatively.

But then I realized OP was banned, so well, sorry if I just state the obvious.

Arkage

Banned
Extremely surprising. I wonder why Clapper is speaking out ? I wonder if there are anymore bombshells coming ?

Just from what has been released publically, it's blatantly obvious the entire special counsel investigation was a political witch hunt. The surveillance was mostly justified on the Steele dossier. Which the FBI did not disclose the financial and opposition political party origins to the FISA court.

The FBI disclosed the financial and opposition political party origins to the FISA court. In fact an entire page of the initial application is devoted to that subject. David Nunes lied about this fact in his Republican memo he wrote in the beginning of 2018. Here are the details of that FISA court application, and the extent to which it disclosed the dossier's origins and the extent to which Nunes tried to cover up that fact to win political points with Trump:

Based on this back and forth between the HPSCI partisans, I wrote on Lawfare at the time that the FBI’s disclosures on Steele “amply satisfie[d] the requirements” for FISA applications, and that the central irony of the Nunes memo was that it “tried to deceive the American people in precisely the same way that it falsely accused the FBI of deceiving the FISA Court.” The Nunes memo accused the FBI of dishonesty in failing to disclose information about Steele, but in fact the Nunes memo itself was dishonest in failing to disclose what the FBI disclosed. I said then, and I still believe, that the “Nunes memo was dishonest. And if it is allowed to stand, we risk significant collateral damage to essential elements of our democracy.”

Now we have some additional information in the form of the redacted FISA applications themselves, and the Nunes memo looks even worse. In my earlier post, I observed that the FBI’s disclosures about Steele were contained in a footnote, but argued that this did not detract from their sufficiency: “As someone who has read and approved many FISA applications and dealt extensively with the FISA Court, I will anticipate and reject a claim that the disclosure was somehow insufficient because it appeared in a footnote; in my experience, the court reads the footnotes.” Now we can see that the footnote disclosing Steele’s possible bias takes up more than a full page in the applications, so there is literally no way the FISA Court could have missed it. The FBI gave the court enough information to evaluate Steele’s credibility.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-make-carter-page-fisa-applications

And always keep in mind a panel of 4 Republican appointed judges approved this FISA warrant. Who exactly is running the show if this is all a witch hunt? Trump personally appointed both Sessions and Rosenstein, and they are the ones who initiated the Special Council investigation. Maybe it's just that Trump wants to spin everything as a witch hunt because, prior to Mueller showing his whole hand, it's Trump's only possible defense. The FBI/CIA/FISA/Mueller group are all bipartisan organizations (Mueller is a Republican, as are the people who put him in his chair, lest we forget) and all these groups are coming to the same conclusion because that's where the facts lead.

At a minimum, realize that you have been victim to the Trump/Nunes propaganda campaign, in which they outright lie about what happened in the FISA court applications. Then that message gets amplified all over conservative radio/news and distributed to the masses, where many people such as yourself, who don't follow stories too closely, get fed the wrong information on purpose to manipulate your view of a situation. Posters like Dev1 love it when everything is a confused mess of information because he thrives on conspiracy and outright lies. Feel free to read a summary of the situation by someone who actually works on the FISA courts, instead of Dev1, who is a pro-Russia propagandist that will only link you to conspiratorial, fringe websites:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/irony-nunes-memo

Last edited:

FireEmoji

Banned
Nice thread comrade, I almost spit out my piroski when I heard this wonderful news.

Now I will buy new track suit and cellular phone.

eclipze

ITT: Conspiracy troll makes thread based on ultra-partisan alt-right crap and gets banned in the same thread. There’s a joke somewhere in there.

Gander

Banned
Wasn't it Obama who warned Trump about Mike Flynn? Seems like Obama has been a lot better to Trump than Trump has been to him.

norm9

ITT: Conspiracy troll makes thread based on ultra-partisan alt-right crap and gets banned in the same thread. There’s a joke somewhere in there.
Surprised poster made it so long without a ban.

Obama now a secret Russian and part time Kenyan.

Top Bottom