• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN Poll:6 out of 10 Trump voters will "never, ever" stop approving of Trump

Loxley

Trump is the physical manifestation of all of the pent-up racism, sexism, and xenophobia that Republicans have been told to stow away for the last few decades. He's basically the Republican party's last Hail Mary before they get dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. The country has been moving more to the left for a while now, at least socially, and I think many on the right view Trump as their last chance to hang on to the old days - back when gays couldn't married, POC "knew their place", climate change was a myth, men could just grab women's asses (apparently?), etc.

If they lose Trump, they know this country will revert back to the more socially-progressive America that Obama left behind, which terrifies them. Which is why they'll stick with Trump to the ends of the Earth.

Thing is - Trump is, at best, a stall. Republicans alone cannot stem the tide of progress, I don't care how much they try. Especially if the next Democrat president is super liberal - which is basically their worst fear.

Aaron

To these people voting for a Democrat is literally voting for Satan so don't expect them to change no matter how badly Trump continues to fail.

Imagine for your whole life you've thought, "if only someone like ME was in charge, things would be different! It's all those lousy Washington politicians mucking everything up."

Finally, someone like you has a chance! Sure, he's a billionaire and kinda weird, but he tells it like it is! He ain't politically correct! And he's fearless in the way he tears down those lousy Washington politicians! He sounds like you. Why, he practically IS you up there! And he says so! He's your voice!

And then it turns out your avatar, the embodiment of your hopes, dreams and self-image, is not only a blithering idiot (which you could excuse) but completely incompetent at the job you wanted him to have so badly (which you can't).

Some folks will quietly slink away, casting yet another pebble of disappointment onto the mountain.

Some folks will cast their fury outwards and look for yet another firebrand.

And some, faced with the prospect of admitting a failure so profound, so personal, will do anything in their power not to face it.

This is the second best post on this site today. It's just that the other one was so damned good or you could have won.

NoRéN

I have a feeling most of these women have no life goals beyond being a "trophy wife."

Or, they are deeply insecure about their careers/life choices and are crab in a bucketing.
That's the feeling I get.
These types of women pisses off my feminist side. So much progress was fought and demanded for us women, and they say demeaning statements like this.

Ok, where are these bitches at, I'm willing to cat fight all of them.
Exactly. It's very infuriating.

Tagyhag

Not surprising, cult leaders can get their followers to do anything. Even have their kids.

How do women even like this guy he treats women like shit.

Some women enjoy being treated like shit. And yes, as a woman, it fucking hurts to type that.

Boke1879

THe thing with Trump. Is he can't lose that soft support.

As much as I hate to admit there were a lot of Obama to Trump voters. Those voters can be flipped and he's not doing himself any favors with what he did this past weekend.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Except they are all stupid coward assholes who will in fact pretend both sides were the same when it's apparent supporting him is a losing proposition. I say we let them fail quietly and stay the fuck away from voting for a generation.

Nowise10

I know of two friends, well one is pretty much just an acquaintance, who are Trump supporters and they still ride on that "He's a business man and knows whats good for the economy" bullshit. I messaged the acquaintance on Snapchat a couple weeks ago asking if he still supported Trump and he said he didn't want to get into politic shit with me.

zethren

Banned
I am no longer shocked by news like this.

His base is made up of morons. Ignorant, mindless, propaganda-washed, grade A fucking idiots.

My only hope is that enough decent people have been paying attention so that his base becomes utterly irrelevant in the coming elections.

I am sure this is the reason the rank and file republicans are still afraid to single him out on his recent racial transgressions. If they cross this turd they have his undying base to deal with.
And they know he can bring them out and into the streets with a couple of tweets.

I bet they will change their tune when their states go bankrupt in the next recession and they get completely hosed. Starvation tends to get people motivated.

Seik

Banned
Such a stupid fucking thing to say, I wouldn't say that about anyone even my closest family members or friends.

It's like worshiping a god at this point, pure blindness.

Amalthea

Banned
They are basically Willie:

1250765.gif

ryan13ts

Well, 6 out of 10 Trump voters are fucking morons. Amazingly, somehow I'm not surprised.

Wait, actually I am. I figured it would be 10 out of 10.

NoRéN;246387042 said:
I live in Los Angeles.

Allow me to tell you what I've had women tell me.

"He has the right idea. Most women don't know what's best for them. A woman's place is in the kitchen? I mean, were those times that bad?"

In liberal Southern California.
An easy counter-point to that is, now that's just an option among others of how to lead a life instead of an obligation . If a woman wants to stay at home and be a housewife, that's their choice. If a woman wants to work and build a career and ambition, that's their choice too. That's what women's rights have fought for, to at least have other options than the dictatorial past where women were widely discouraged to be anything else other than a housewife. If you want to stay at home and in the kitchen as a way to play to nostalgia of a better time, fine. But if you want to imply that most women are overly hysterical wrecks who don't know what's good for them, and only the patriarchy knows what is right, then that kind of self-hatred leads to a regressive authoritatian road that demeans all the progress made.

tenor.gif

When your entire base is filled with the absolute worst, bottom-feeding human beings on this planet it isn't surprising at all.

I mean, if the terrorist attack at Charlottesville and the aftermath isn't enough to wake yourself up and stop defending this man then you're completely lost. I have no respect whatsoever for anybody who is still behind this man.

UberTag

So, when trump goes down for treason, we pass the trump voter act that strips these people from voting in federal elections. They can fuck their states, but they are obviously too ignorant/stuck in their ways to be trusted in a federal election.
Don't strip their right to vote. Instead work on actively destroying the entrenched machine that is actively working to brainwash them into voting against the interests of human decency and tolerance.

Once Trump is gone you have to annihilate the right-wing media empire. By any means necessary.

You can't really take this literally. A percentage of respondents to any political poll will assume bias in the pollster and reliably give the most offensive answer, the one they think the pollster doesn't want to hear. This is the reason that such a large percentage of Republicans consistently polled as believing that Obama was a secret foreign Muslim. They didn't really believe that, if that many people really believed that they'd have been out in the streets rioting every day. It's just defiance. If Trump actually gets charged with a serious crime the percentage of people who will stick by him is much lower.

Once Trump is gone you have to annihilate the right-wing media empire. By any means necessary.
That's never going to happen. Because any attempts at change or improvement or reform just becomes us vs them politics to the general public and an ideological fight for the right where republicans can dress up any efforts by democrats and liberals as them wanting to damage the constitution or hurt the press

riotous

Banned
The women thing makes some sense; for a woman to support Trump they'd have to be HARDCORE. They are a much smaller group afterall.

53% of men voted for Trump. So roughly 28% of men claim they'll never stop supporting him.
42% of women voted for Trump. So roughly 28% of women claim they'll never stop supporting him.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That's my wife's father. I can tell he knows he made a mistake but he will never ever admit it because he is too prideful and as long as it isn't a liberal in charge, he will stand firm.

It's hard to not point out that under Obama both he and his wife got better jobs, received raises, bought a beautiful new.Home, and in general prospered in every aspect of their lives. So what in the fuck did he have to complain about?

The quiet smart example always loses when it comes to this. They say good people doing nothing allows evil to triumph, but what does a good person do when nothing else is a choice but an eye for an eye scenario. How do you apply logic to something that has none?

mozfan12

Banned
So they are basically showing that they were the racist fucks they always were. Fuck Trump voters, fuck Trump apologists, fuck Nazis, and fuck Republicans. God bless!

I was in the car yesterday and as I was going through the stations, I caught one of the local talk shows on and the guy was mercilessly defending Trump and he has been this way since day 1. I couldn't believe that this dude could be insane enough to still agree with him, but here we are. Idiots will continue to think they're right because they don't wanna admit that they were wrong.

Top Bottom