• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN Poll:6 out of 10 Trump voters will "never, ever" stop approving of Trump

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hopefully he will be dead in less than a decade. He's incredibly unhealthy and obviously in a mental spiral. His influence will only shrink over time.

Foffy

Banned
What do you call swaths of people who are entirely lost causes to reason?

Hopeless saps? They'd be offended by the truthful term..

THe thing with Trump. Is he can't lose that soft support.

As much as I hate to admit there were a lot of Obama to Trump voters. Those voters can be flipped and he's not doing himself any favors with what he did this past weekend.

i dont see anybody from the republicans impeaching him. hell he could appear in a KKK robe or start shooting people randomly and people would still love him

The women thing makes some sense; for a woman to support Trump they'd have to be HARDCORE. They are a much smaller group afterall.

53% of men voted for Trump. So roughly 28% of men claim they'll never stop supporting him.
42% of women voted for Trump. So roughly 28% of women claim they'll never stop supporting him.

Yep.

This is what honestly scares me about any idea of impeachment, these fuckers are bad enough as it is now, they won't just mellow if he got impeached. Since most of them think what the left is doing is just as bad or worse I can totally see them going fucking ape and just burning towns down.

This is what honestly scares me about any idea of impeachment, these fuckers are bad enough as it is now, they won't just mellow if he got impeached. Since most of them think what the left is doing is just as bad or worse I can totally see them going fucking ape and just burning towns down.

It's unnerving that he can mobilise an angry and unhinged base with a couple of tweets.

Disturbing fucking number for sure. The Conservative base thrives on stupidity and unconditional devotion, though. The party knows it's their greatest strength so they've done everything to cultivate it.

Clearly it's bore fruit the past couple decades.

Poll these idiots again when the GOP strips away their health care.

They'll blame Obama, Hillary, and the Democrats. You don't seem to get how this works...

RM8

Sounds about right, Trump winning is a statement, it's a victory. He's not building a wall, he's not doing shit, but his base doesn't care. Maybe they even find it endearing that he's an inept clown, who knows.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Then you burn their houses down.
With your kind of thinking the confederates would have won, and America would still be running on slavery.

This. And I disagree with the description of 'hardcore supporters'. It's more fanatical. They existed before Trump became a political figure, however!

Once upon a time I was a college Republican, years ago. The girl that ran it was a 20 year old ditzy blonde sorority girl, whom believed women should not be trusted with political power. She made a speech on it, several. She was the president of the entire university chapter. She also happened to be a religious fanatic, and this gets to my point.

One portion of these fanatic supporters are religious fanatics, brought up to support insane ideas, normatter what. Its not stupidity. Im in Texas, and yes, it's normal to see them around. They never move past that crazy fanatic upbringing, unfortunately.

I always saw it as a somewhat abusive parent child relationship thing. Fitting that Trump has become their new parental figure in a way. There's no changing these people. They're practically cultists, and there are a lot more of them than you realize, men and women.

Davide

The women thing makes some sense; for a woman to support Trump they'd have to be HARDCORE. They are a much smaller group afterall.

53% of men voted for Trump. So roughly 28% of men claim they'll never stop supporting him.
42% of women voted for Trump. So roughly 28% of women claim they'll never stop supporting him.
Only half the population voted so more like 14% of men.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
but his cult following will give him an enormous capacity to stir up trouble and discord long after he's left office.

He is 71, will be 78 when he leaves the White House, and in a terrible shape. Chances are, there will be no "long after he's left office" for him.

Kurdel

Banned
An honest to god chill went down my spine when I read that.

But I am nexr to the window and it is getting cold, but god damn thats depressing.

Zushin

What do you call swaths of people who are entirely lost causes to reason?

Hopeless saps? They'd be offended by the truthful term..
tenor.gif

This. And I disagree with the description of 'hardcore supporters'. It's more fanatical. They existed before Trump became a political figure, however!

Once upon a time I was a college Republican, years ago. The girl that ran it was a 20 year old ditzy blonde sorority girl, whom believed women should not be trusted with political power. She made a speech on it, several. She was the president of the entire university chapter. She also happened to be a religious fanatic, and this gets to my point.

One portion of these fanatic supporters are religious fanatics, brought up to support insane ideas, normatter what. Its not stupidity. Im in Texas, and yes, it's normal to see them around. They never move past that crazy fanatic upbringing, unfortunately.

I always saw it as a somewhat abusive parent child relationship thing. Fitting that Trump has become their new parental figure in a way. There's no changing these people. They're practically cultists, and there are a lot more of them than you realize, men and women.
This honestly hits at something I was thinking about driving home for work, how the hell did he get that fanatical following. I mean what exactly was the thing that took him from television clown to idol to these people?

This honestly hits at something I was thinking about driving home for work, how the hell did he get that fanatical following. I mean what exactly was the thing that took him from television clown to idol to these people?

It was just a matter of timing I suppose. The sheep needed someone to herd the flock for a while now. In regards to Republicans in general? Someone post Reagan. It wasn't enough for a lot of the the evangelical Christians to to literally demonize Obama as the antichrist. One can argue that hate fueled them until they found Shepard Trump.

My ex room mate was one of these people. They act on desperation. These people aren't that complicated.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
As his base is condensed to the most removed from reality, you have to start moving for the rest. There's a portion of America that are absolutely irredeemable, and dug down in their tribalism.

chaos789

Banned
Trump could go to their homes and rape anyone of their family members, and they would still support him. I am astounded at how morally bankrupt and stupid these people are.

How many would still support him if he left the GOP and, say, ran as an independent? Would that not cause huge problems for the Republicans in splitting their vote?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/17/politics/trump-approvers-never-stop-approving-poll/index.html

Thats close to 40 million religiously devoted supporters of President Trump, many of whom are volatile, highly combustible extremists.
Trump is at his most dangerous while he's in the White House, but his cult following will give him an enormous capacity to stir up trouble and discord long after he's left office.
He will be a destabilising, toxic influence in American politics and culture for decades to come.

(lock if old)

I'm pretty sure he'll die of poor health before a decade from this point even elapses. And that's IF he's not in jail.

Chinbo37

The only way we can get rid of Trump in less than 4 years is if the special investigation finds something.

Something shady enough to turn more representatives against him. The hard core trump voters will never change.

If something like that happened I can see Trump pardoning himself, then resigning (or resigning in exchange from a pardon from Pence but not sure they would try that again after Nixon). Of course he would never admit he did anything wrong but really thats the only chance IMO.

He was constantly attacking Obama on twitter. He made the most over the birth certificate thing.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
This is why we need to take him out ourselves and not let him get a chance to run again. Even if his base is really small, I'd rather not take that chance.

mclem

NoRéN;246387042 said:
I live in Los Angeles.

Allow me to tell you what I've had women tell me.

"He has the right idea. Most women don't know what's best for them. A woman's place is in the kitchen? I mean, were those times that bad?"

In liberal Southern California.

There's a reason they call it blissful ignorance.

These voters talk big but they probably gave this question about half a second's thought and haven't even begun to see the havoc this piece of shit can wreak if he is allowed to serve his full term.

Also:

He will be a destabilising, toxic influence in American politics and culture for decades to come.
Decades? He's over 70 and not exactly a paragon of health.

This nightmare *will* end, people.

Top Bottom