• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghost XB1/PS4 comparions rolling in (list of all updated sites)

Since the embargo is going up today for several games, I thought it'd be good to list all the sites that have updated with COD impressions for XB1.

Really nice video comparion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyeYnmad5VM&feature=youtu.be

IGN - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/05/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

VideoGamer- http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/c...ew_call_of_duty_ghosts_and_battlefield_4.html

Polygon- http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5052646/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

Jeez, all over the place. Great job Infinity Ward. :\

Let me know if there's more to add.

That's what I call all over the place.

IGN: tie.
VideoGamer: Xbox version suck.
Polygon: Xbox version é godlike.

shandy706

Such beautiful graphics (snicker)

k92b.jpg

PS4 looks noticeably better in every way. There is no amount of downplaying that can bridge that visual gap. game still looks terrible regardless.

Please point out the "visual gap"

Looks like crap on both to me.

frayne182

Banned
Such much drama about a game that many of us wont buy......! IW just fucked it up, lets move on guys.

I think many are planning on buying or at least have bought on the current gens and plan on upgrading for $10.

This is still one of the most popular games without a doubt.

Steel

Banned

k92b.jpg

Same. What's with the difference in the sky like one was taken at night and one was taken during the day?

Edit: and the way those stars are in front of that mountain in the backround, dear lord that's not even a hardware issue. Shame on you IW

It's a stylistic thing then, I prefer the PS4 look but it's also overly dark in places.

Not sure why there is a difference in colour. But if you just play one of the two versions it won't matter much.

I think if you like CoD, the difference is not too shocking, even with the resolution difference.
Ofcourse, the bigger the screen, the more noticable the upscaling instead of the native 1080P.

TomoK

Banned
Makes very little difference to me. They look so, so similar, and we've reached a point where gaming looks great and realistic on all gaming consoles.

shandy706

oh it does look like crap but if you can't see the obvious differences in the picture you have there then i can't help you. sorry.

Slight aliasing/stepping in one vs the other and a difference in the warmth/color of the lighting.

How about you break it down technically for us where you're seeing this huge gap my friend, you're the one claiming to see it.

(as if we all aren't capable of seeing or breaking it down ourselves)

A turd is a turd in both instances. There's no huge gap. That's the developer's fault, not the consoles'.

xbox one version is washed out and the textures are badly faded and blurred on the character model of the man that's standing. plus more stuff... i can't be bothered.

if you're looking at it on your phone/tablet then there you go ... lol.

The textures are as blurred and faded on one man as the other...not to mention they're completely different models. Maybe we should downplay one character model because his glasses are completely missing? LOL

moho-foe

Neo Member
Same. What's with the difference in the sky like one was taken at night and one was taken during the day?

Edit: and the way those stars are in front of that mountain in the backround, dear lord that's not even a hardware issue. Shame on you IW

xbox one version is washed out and the textures are badly faded and blurred on the character model of the man that's standing. plus more stuff... i can't be bothered.

Slight aliasing/stepping in one vs the other and a difference in the warmth/color of the lighting.

How about you break it down technically for us where you're seeing this huge gap my friend, you're the one claiming to see it.

(as if we all aren't capable of seeing or breaking it down ourselves)

A turd is a turd in both instances. There's no huge gap. That's the developer's fault, not the consoles'.

no, both versions have shit aliasing although the xbox version will be worse because of upscaling. it's not the quality or color of the lighting -the xbox version is literally washed out (also due to upscaling?). read my comments above. i'm viewing these on a huge 1080p monitor so it's very obvious to me and will be more obvious on my 40" tv.

Steel

Banned

I don't think that's washing out in the picture, look at the sky. One seems to be at night with stars the other seems to be on a cloudy day with the sun. Both look crappy.

Edit: Worth noting crappiness might be due to compression though.

Sojgat

I trust Jeff, but what does he mean by few week ago? patches are coming?

That was when he played it.

I don't think that's washing out in the picture, look at the sky. One seems to be at night with stars the other seems to be on a cloudy day with the sun. Both look crappy.

Those are fireworks.

oSoLucky

no, both versions have shit aliasing although the xbox version will be worse because of upscaling. it's not the quality or color of the lighting -the xbox version is literally washed out (also due to upscaling?). read my comments above. i'm viewing these on a huge 1080p monitor so it's very obvious to me and will be more obvious on my 40" tv.

I think they both look so bad that it's not even worth trying to break down/compare the images.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

k92b.jpg

There's something up with those shots.

Either we've been lied to and the PS4 version is also 720p or that capture is bogus (perhaps the PS4 was set to 720p as well?). That is absolutely not representative of 1080p.

Whether that is a fault of the person who captured those images or the fault of the game itself remains to be seen.

moho-foe

Neo Member

no,no,no. they are the same scenes. actually, watch the video. the scenes in the lumberyard towards the end of the video are particularly night and day in terms of quality.

Makes very little difference to me. They look so, so similar, and we've reached a point where gaming looks great and realistic on all gaming consoles.

CoD does not look great, sorry it just doesn't. Maybe next year when they actually develop the game on One/PS4 in lieu of just porting it over it will. I am not holding my breath.

nib95

Banned
There's something up with those shots.

Either we've been lied to and the PS4 version is also 720p or that capture is bogus (perhaps the PS4 was set to 720p as well?). That is absolutely not representative of 1080p.

Whether that is a fault of the person who captured those images or the fault of the game itself remains to be seen.

I'm glad you agree. Because I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the comparison. If anything they both look 720p to me.

Twinduct

Its a damn joke that this game is being used as some measurement tool to depict the power differences between the two platforms. Clearly the game is not optimized for shit, as evident pretty much on every platform.

Wait for something that is actually not made for some cross-gen cash in.

I know a lot of people get upset hearing this knowing that the PS4 is more powerful but personally I don't really care if a bad recycled game running on an old engine that doesn't look good runs better on my console or not. It won't be in my console

If the xbone version runs better due to it's upscaled 720p, then good for them. Have fun when the PS first party studios come out to play and show what the system can do.

Durante

I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference.
This person needs to see a doctor.

Anyway, people say even the PC version looks like shit, but this screenshot really impressed me:
F1PXykR.png

(From this thread)

StevieP

Banned
Guys, of course it's going to run better at 720p than 1080p, even where slightly more powerful hardware is concerned.

This can't be a true comparison... Neither side is rendering anywhere near 1080p and they look exactly the same resolution

Thank you, I thought I was going mad. Some serious emperors new clothes shit going on here, lol. The difference in colour was explained at the start of the vid, and apart from that there is NO difference in res in those two shots!

Top Bottom