• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Modern Warfare 3 Coming to Wii

LiK

old?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6327032/modern-warfare-3-coming-to-wii

Activision is returning to war this fall with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Previously announced only for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, the publisher today confirmed that Modern Warfare 3 will arrive for the Nintendo Wii alongside its high-definition cousins on November 8.

Activision made the news during a post-earnings conference call today. The publisher did not say if there will be unique features for the Wii version or who is developing the game.

Modern Warfare 3 picks up where Modern Warfare 2 left off, and it is set on a global stage. Players will fight on multiple continents in places like London, France, Germany, and New York City.

edit:
rpmurphy said:

Mikey Jr.

*crickets chirp*
*man coughs*
*wind blows*
*car in distance changing gears*

How much did Black Ops sell for Wii?

Bryan1321

Banned
GrEAT NEWS

Now please dont deliver first the beta pics (im lookiing at you COD 4)

If its well ported as Black Ops

Then. Day ONE!

VariantX

Yep. with black ops I think we know what to expect in terms of visuals so I doubt people will care as much this time around. Maybe the people who only have a wii. But who would just have only a wii to play this type of game anyway?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Black Ops on Wii was actually pretty good, haters gonna hate.

MRORANGE

old I think?

nonetheless:

9hvxO.jpg

PinkCrayon said:
who the hell owns just a wii?

Effect

sk3tch said:
...and we'll see screenshots and game info on the day the game is released...no earlier...

Video will come from actual buyers of the game as well. Those that get it a day or two early. Nothing from gaming sites. I hope the engine runs better this time around. The difference between how Modern Warfare Reflex and Black Ops ran were interesting.

Kid Ying

Well, Treyarch need something to do outside of swimming in the pool of money they made after Black Ops.

I played a little bit of BO on wii and liked the controls, but the presentation was just weird, using the 360 graphics like cutscenes. Also, the game froze on me after the first mission.

But i'll probably get MW3 on the wii(unless the framerate sucks just like in Reflex), so i'm happy by that news.

rpmurphy

Axkil aka StabMasterArson said:
thats good. i've liked what they've done so far with the series on Wii. I'm sure they'll go alout for this last hurrah.
Yeah, they put some great effort into Reflex and Black Ops. Despite some of the content cuts in Black Ops, it is very nice that the online MP has zero lag shooting.

Alrus

Tucah said:
This. Especially if you're interested in CoD, why would you not have a 360 or PS3 as well?

Some kids don't have more than one console and still like to play CoD, so there's an audience for those. If there wasn't, they wouldn't bother making those games.

I'm surprised they haven't announced a DS version yet, there's always one. (I have no idea how those play or how they sell though).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mikey Jr. said:
*crickets chirp*
*man coughs*
*wind blows*

*sounds of shootan from CoD: MW3 HD is in the distance*

Yeah, how much does the Wii versions sell for? I didn't think the online would be popular due to lower player counts?

Remember folks: Everyone in this world isn't a gaffer. There are a lot of moms out there who want to buy something for their kids in Christmas and some of them just own a Wii. When they go to a store saying "Oh I don't know what to get my son", the saleperson will point at Modern Warfare 3 and say "This is the best selling game out there. You kids would love it."

Blops and Reflex sold 1 million copies! PROVE ME WRONG!!!

MYE

Some people in here forget that Call of Duty is like FIFA or Madden.
Just because its competitive and requires some strategy to master, it doesnt mean that everyone playing it is a hardcore, trophy/achivements obsessed, forum posting video game scholar.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. I some who owns all the 3 MP CoD Wii games, I would be more interested in a 3DS version (with touch screen aiming of course).

TheSeks said:
Yeah, how much does the Wii versions sell for? I didn't think the online would be popular due to lower player counts?

I never had any problems in finding online games for either of the 3 CoD Wii online games. BO gave online numbers and it was consistently over 20k concurrent players the last time I logged in, April I believe.

fernoca

Glad to see Treyarch doing it; they did an amzing job with the previous ones and even more with Black Ops with patching and voice/text chat.

Alrus

As said earlier, WaW and Reflex sold over a million. I'm assuming Black Ops did "good" too, since they're making this now.

MechDX

Mikey Jr. said:
*crickets chirp*
*man coughs*
*wind blows*

How much did Black Ops sell for Wii?

Black Ops was released for the Wii? Seriously I did not know that.

Top Bottom