• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

Piggus

Excited and nervous about Thursday. Don't screw this up, Ducks!

V72Bkar.jpg

pxleyes

Banned
Would be a-ok by me!
UCF is going 11-1. My wife and I are on the bandwagon. I mean she went there in undergrad for a year and is getting a degree there now (and my mom has a degree from there, and my sister-in-law got a degree there...I guess I have a lot of UCF connections), but we all know where r allegiances truly lie. That said, go knights.

Similar things can be said about FSU, since 2002 they have only beat 2 teams ranked in the top 10 (not counting this season) or 4 if you do. Numbers/stats are fun! anyone can do it!

UCF is going 11-1. My wife and I are on the bandwagon. I mean she went there in undergrad for a year and is getting a degree there now (and my mom has a degree from there, and my sister-in-law got a degree there...I guess I have a lot of UCF connections), but we all know where r allegiances truly lie. That said, go knights.
Holy hell. What went wrong, pxleyes?! kidding of course.

And as for UCF, this season does feel special, but I can't help but stay reserved because we might derp it up and lose to Temple or something. Houston is going to be angry. We've ruined some of their seasons in previous years in CUSA and the have been getting snubbed in the polls this season sitting at 7-1. We knocked them out on our homecoming a few years ago when they were sitting at #12 with Keenum running the show. They'll be out to prove something... Hopefully proving their unranked status!

Thursday should be fun, though the start times are early for the West Coast. I thought about heading down to the Stanfurd - Oregon game, but the ticket prices were too high.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thursday should be fun, though the start times are early for the West Coast. I thought about heading down to the Stanfurd - Oregon game, but the ticket prices were too high.

Too high and too early. Why the hell is a Thursday night game starting at 6pm?

Stupid east coast.

Enfinit

GAF Pick'em Week 11 Games

(THU) Oklahoma @ Baylor by 10
(THU) Oregon @ Stanford by 7
Kansas State @ Texas Tech by 4
Penn State @ Minnesota by 4
BYU @ Wisconsin by 7
Nebraska @ Michigan by 4
Virginia Tech @ Miami by 7
Houston @ UCF by 10
Texas @ West Virginia by 7
LSU @ Alabama by 10
Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh by 4
UCLA @ Arizona by 4

Go Noles!

And as for UCF, this season does feel special, but I can't help but stay reserved because we might derp it up and lose to Temple or something. Houston is going to be angry. We've ruined some of their seasons in previous years in CUSA and the have been getting snubbed in the polls this season sitting at 7-1. We knocked them out on our homecoming a few years ago when they were sitting at #12 with Keenum running the show. They'll be out to prove something... Hopefully proving their unranked status!

#chargeon #knightroisstillastupidname

You'll knock Houston down unless the players get cocky. If you lose to Temple...sweet jeebus don't lose to Temple.

So UCF has been running with a Mortal Kombat theme with our QB Blake Bortles because his last name sounds similar I guess. I generally don't share stuff here from other places, but I had to on this one.

I think it's pretty clever. Brings back the memories!

At least it's better than some other stuff that has come out of the marketing department.

pxleyes

Banned

My wife still gets into games for free. I highly expect us to take advantage this year. Almost did for the USC game.

Those Bortles things need lower rez team logos.

(THU) Oklahoma @ Baylor by 14
(THU) Oregon @ Stanford by 10
Kansas State @ Texas Tech by 7
BYU @ Wisconsin by 10
Nebraska @ Michigan by 4
Virginia Tech @ Miami by 7
Houston @ UCF by 4
Texas @ West Virginia by 7
LSU @ Alabama by 7
Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh by 4
UCLA @ Arizona by 4

(THU) Oklahoma @ Baylor by 12
(THU) Oregon @ Stanford by 10
Kansas State @ Texas Tech by 9
BYU @ Wisconsin by 7
Nebraska @ Michigan by 4
Virginia Tech @ Miami by 6 UPSET SPECIAL
Houston @ UCF by 9
Texas @ West Virginia by 10
LSU @ Alabama by 6
Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh by 6
UCLA @ Arizona by 4

Also thanks for putting the gif of my sign in the OP :)

It sucks that if all four teams go undefeated we won't get to play Ohio State. FSU vs Ohio State would be fun. FSU vs UCF will not be fun.

Fun fact: My cousin is a grad student at FSU and on the football team's athletic training squad.

Apparently last year he got chewed out in humiliating fashion by Jimbo for fucking up the water bottles or something.

Quake1028

Tuesday, November 5
8:00 PM Bowling Green at Miami (OH)
8:00 PM Ohio at Buffalo

Wednesday, November 6
8:00 PM Central Michigan at Ball State

MACtion!!!!

Iowa was 10th in 2009 when we played them. Not our fault Miami/Cal decided to start sucking when we played them.

We beat your asses in 2011, the one time we played. What the hell are you talking about?

Quake1028

Baylor by 14
Oregon by 17
Texas Tech by 4
Minnesota by 4
Wisconsin by 4
Michigan by 4
Miami by 11
UCF by 7
Texas by 4
LSU by 4
Pittsburgh by 4
UCLA by 7

Quake1028

Regardless or not, Miami was down in 2010/2011 when we played them, just like Cal has been. When both those teams were scheduled they were top 10/top15 teams.

24-6, bitch. Burns, doesn't it?

:p.

Wall of Shame from last week:

User Name Posts
Yaboosh 166
andycapps 79
Lonestar 59
GoldenEye 007 57
Enfinit 53
pxleyes 52
mre 43
bucknuticus 42
squicken 38
Gloomfire 34

jjasper

So Mo Couch was ruled permanently ineligible? Oh I wonder if this is one step closer to having the last 3 years removed from existence (probably not but there is hope!)

KingGondo

Banned
Greatly looking forward to the OU-Baylor game this week.

If OU wins, it exposes Baylor and really opens up the Big 12 race.

If OU loses (which I suspect they will, and by a lot) it will be hilarious.

I really can't lose.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Why is it that when you do a Google image search for "flash da u," the bulk of the returns are of painted fingernails, similar to this:

essie_jag_u_are_2.jpg

Top Bottom