• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

Quake1028

bhm6w7t.png

Ive talked to several peiple who have this idea that auburn would jump straight into the title game if they beat bama. The level of delusion here is amazing. No chance an undefeated ohio state gets jumped by a one loss sec team, the idea is hilariously implausible.

cdyhybrid

Ive talked to several peiple who have this idea that auburn would jump straight into the title game if they beat bama. The level of delusion here is amazing. No chance an undefeated ohio state gets jumped by a one loss sec team, the idea is hilariously implausible.

I can't tell if this is a troll post or not, well done. Poe's Law in action.

Enfinit

I mean, if Auburn completely blows out Bama (like 80-14 blowout) and Ohio State squeaks by Michigan on a game-winning-triple-overtime field goal, I suppose it could theoretically be possible. But I highly doubt it.

But we'd rather play OSU than Bama anyways, so we're pulling for you Auburn!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

It would probably be closer than you think, and it would be more than just beating Bama. The ideal situation for Auburn is to beat #1 Bama, and follow that the next week with a win over #4 Mizzou. Computers already like Auburn, only Mizzou comes close as far as one loss teams go. It would also help that these back to back big wins would come at the end of the season and be fresh on voters minds.

If Mizzou loses to A&M, Auburn would be screwed because USCe wouldn't be as big of a win in the SEC championship, and if USCe loses to Clemson it wouldn't do much of anything for them.

So basically, they hardly control their own destiny because even if things go perfect for them that doesn't mean they're in, it only gives them an outside chance. But it doesn't matter anyway because Auburn isn't going to win this week.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Amaro was left off the list of 3 finalists for the Mackey award. I guess having only 16 fewer catches than all 3 finalists combined and more yards than two of them combined wasn't enough for consideration.

I guess it would be more accurate to say his stats are too high for consideration since it's most likely that he was left off because they think he's a WR. Seems like kind of a dick move to leave him off the watch lists all season for that reason, put him on the final watch list just a week ago because he apparently finally qualified, and then leave him out of the list of finalists whose stats he dwarfs.

Top Bottom