• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

andycapps

That is one word for it I guess.

Y'all were playing Kentucky, and already way ahead. Murray is an idiot for playing on an injured knee like that. And the coaches were idiots for letting him.
They didn't know he blew his ACL. They told him to stay out and he insisted he was fine so Bobo said he better see him running around on the sideline if he was okay. So he ran around well enough to fool them.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They didn't know he blew his ACL. They told him to stay out and he insisted he was fine so Bobo said he better see him running around on the sideline if he was okay. So he ran around well enough to fool them.

Yeah, I mostly think that Murray was an idiot for playing hurt in that game.

andycapps

Yeah, I mostly think that Murray was an idiot for playing hurt in that game.
You could look at it that way. He'd never missed a game and wanted to finish out his last home game. He's played through a lot of things so I assume he thought it was just a tweak, until it was obviously a lot worse. The doctors don't think he did any more damage by staying in.

Watched this today, and despite it being recorded vertically, kind of made me tear up a little knowing what happened to him during the game.

His brother was a walk on at Georgia for a couple years so you see him lose it a little. And Murray's dad fought through cancer about a year ago. Emotional night for the family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_FhYNpixd8&feature=youtu.be

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
xjPMQ8i.jpg

Enfinit

I'm not commenting on what you believe. I just fail to see how the circumstances of that case could possibly be "entertaining," regardless of how they may be resolved. To say so is crass at best.

Thank you for that.

I'm not sure "entertaining" is really the best word here. If the allegations of rape are true, then the rumors are your standard attacks on the victim to protect the perpetrator. If the allegations are false, then not only is an innocent kid's life and career being harmed for no reason, but it makes it that much harder for future victims of rape by public figures to come forward. Either way the situation sucks.

Also, I wouldn't make too much of rumors. I would expect attacks on and rumors about the accuser regardless of whether the allegations are true or not (see above re: standard attacking of the victim). Happens all the time in these cases, see the several high school football rape cases earlier this year. Since this is expected either way, that it's going on shouldn't have a significant effect on our beliefs regarding the facts of this case.

Let me clarify what I meant by "entertaining". Some of the rumors/stories suggest that the accuser made up significant parts of the case and allude to the accuser simply trying to tarnish Jameis' name. It's a whole convoluted tale that paints the accuser very horribly. I'm not saying that I believe this, but if these rumors turn out to be true and the accuser cried wolf (like some rumors say), it most certainly will be entertaining.

Again, I'm not saying the case in general is entertaining. If the rape allegations are true, let justice come into fruition. But either way, the situation sucks.

The computers just don't recognize that Fresno is a top 10 school.

Jordan Lynch and Northern Illinois overtook Derek Carr and Fresno State this week on the strength of better computer ratings. NIU is seventh in the computer ratings, while coming in 17th in the Harris poll and 20th in the USA Today coaches' poll. Fresno State is 13th in each poll, but 17th in the computers.

But apparently NIU is?

I mean wtf is this shit?

Its Chicago style politics is what it is

auburn is gonna upset Alabama next weekend by a field goal

watch it happen

JH2qRJ8.png

So Ohio State is putting up restrictions on one of the best traditions on college. Every Thrsday before the Michigan game student have jumped into Mirror lake in a massive drunk fest.

Ohio state is going to surround the lake with fences and require wristbands in order to jump into certain parts of the "lake" . Mind you the lake is 4ft at its deepest, and its not even a lake, is a pond with a fountain.

Fuck this shit, way to ruin one of the best campus traditions.

you shouldn't be pissed off that they're changing it, you should be pissed off that Student Life is unilaterally changing it without any input from the student body

3 teams are undefeated when playing Stanford football: Stanford, Utah, USC

- Jesse Palmerism

In addition to his hilarious Stanford talk, he declared Auburn a two loss team "in his mind."

Ah, so football is nothing more than what our minds perceive it to be.
In my mind, Auburn is undefeated.
Alabama is 1-10
Florida is 4-7...wait.

In addition to his hilarious Stanford talk, he declared Auburn a two loss team "in his mind."

Ah, so football is nothing more than what our minds perceive it to be.
In my mind, Auburn is undefeated.
Alabama is 1-10
Florida is 4-7...wait.

He had some great Palmerism tonight, said he thinks tOSU is a better team than Auburn, but then was arguing they should jump OSU, wut...

you shouldn't be pissed off that they're changing it, you should be pissed off that Student Life is unilaterally changing it without any input from the student body

That's why im pissed, this all happened because some dude tried to drown himself couple months back when he didnt get into med school. Stupid decision, and I hope they lose total control of the situation later this week.

AntoneM

16 - Harris; 18 - USA Today (coaches); 6 - computer average. BCS 12 for ASU. The top 5 teams in the BCS are all ranked top five by the computers. The number 6 ranked team in the computers is number 12 in the BCS, fuck the Coaches and Harris polls.

pxleyes

Banned
Guys, I think i figured out why Florida is having offensive woes:

BZ4pwETCAAE4i-y.jpg
Just saw this on twitter. Yay Florida! The Fighting Gators all right. Fuck this trainwreck of a team. I place all the blame on the coaches. If we aren't getting rid of Muschamp (we aren't), then clean house on the offensive side.

Schmitty

All this talk of rivalry week is making me look forward to 2016 when PSU starts playing Pitt again. Maybe it can help bring their program back to life.

Just saw this on twitter. Yay Florida! The Fighting Gators all right. Fuck this trainwreck of a team. I place all the blame on the coaches. If we aren't getting rid of Muschamp (we aren't), then clean house on the offensive side.

Don't forget, that was one of our better plays. I'm not even joking.

tokkun

16 - Harris; 18 - USA Today (coaches); 6 - computer average. BCS 12 for ASU. The top 5 teams in the BCS are all ranked top five by the computers. The number 6 ranked team in the computers is number 12 in the BCS, fuck the Coaches and Harris polls.

This is a good example of why the human voters are important. The polls are punishing you for the fact that you should have lost the game to Wisconsin. The computers are not able to factor an official apology from the PAC-12 into their formulas.

Top Bottom