• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

16 - Harris; 18 - USA Today (coaches); 6 - computer average. BCS 12 for ASU. The top 5 teams in the BCS are all ranked top five by the computers. The number 6 ranked team in the computers is number 12 in the BCS, fuck the Coaches and Harris polls.

At least your team controls it's own destiny, that's not so bad.

jakncoke

Banned
So it's Monday and Muschamp still is employed... This is embarrassing.

You're going to be really salty when he is still coaching in 2014 ;)

Also ASU fan, you got 2 losses. Shouldnt of lost to Notre Dame, that sin should be punishable by bowl ban.

andycapps

Get used to it, Willy boy, if you're going to be coaching against it every year at Georgia:

“That’s what the option does — it takes talent out of the game. You don’t have to block Dante Fowler now. You option off Dante Fowler. You don’t have to account for him anymore in the blocking,” Muschamp said.

“That’s why the service academies run it, that’s why they run it, that’s why a lot of these schools run it, because it takes talent out of the equation. A lot of talented guys don’t like having somebody at their knees every snap, either. That’s part of why they run it. Talent’s negated in that situation. It doesn’t really matter because you don’t have to block a lot of the guys.”

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If the Option takes talent out of the equation, why aren't you running it Will? You've obviously not recruited any offensive talent beside Taylor, and I could've recruited him to come to his dad's alma mater.

:jnc

andycapps

Excuses, excuses, excuses, and more excuses. This guy should go coach high school with Kiffin.

I think he's a good defensive coach, but he's clearly inexperienced in going against the triple option. It does tend to cause problems for defenses that aren't used to it. He's not wrong, he's just an asshole. Defensive linemen don't like being cut/chop blocked over and over.

If the Option takes talent out of the equation, why aren't you running it Will? You've obviously not recruited any offensive talent beside Taylor, and I could've recruited him to come to his dad's alma mater.

Ether'd

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2013/11/24/5139632/iron-bowl-hate-week-starts-now
You guys remember when Bammer talked about how much he hates Tennessee? Pretty much all of my hate belongs to Auburn.

Their fans had all but disappeared in Mobile for the last two years. Now, in the throes of a successful season, they're everywhere I go. Orange flags. Orange car stickers. Orange on sweatshirts. It's enough to drive a man mad.

This year, little brother has garnered even more of my hate thanks to the return of Gus Malzahn. Malzahn is to blame for Auburn's run in 2010. He inflated their heads to previously unseen levels, and this year, against all odds, he has found a way to take a team from 3-9 to 10-1, meaning those heads are as big as ever right now. He'll win coach of the year, no matter what happens Saturday. Would that not be an absurdity? If Nick Saban were to win three national championships in a row, and people were to decide that the "Coach of the Year" instead resides in Auburn?

I hate Auburn. I hate that they put a damper on my trip to South Carolina. I hate that I had to sit around 80k fans chanting "War Eagle" after Auburn managed the flukiest of flukes in the history of flukey fluke wins against Georgia.

I hate that they have seventeen mascots and chants.

I hate that their fans always talk about how "football isn't that important" to them in years that they suck, and become rabid followers in years they're having success.

I hate that they are the conspiracy theory-ist fan base on the planet.

I hate that they are forever pining for the NCAA to take down Bama to their level, rather than striving to rise to Bama's level.

I hate that they are still whining about dead trees that they only liked because they were a receptacle for rolls of other dead trees.

Bolded for the reappearance of a single Auburn fan, and sorry, I don't have a crayon font for you to read it in.

JHall

I think he's a good defensive coach, but he's clearly inexperienced in going against the triple option. It does tend to cause problems for defenses that aren't used to it. He's not wrong, he's just an asshole. Defensive linemen don't like being cut/chop blocked over and over.

Ether'd

I have a strong feeling Muschamp is going to become Georgia's next defensive coordinator.

I can't speak for Mobile. It's a dumb place. I will say that there are waaaaay more pseudo bammer fans who have no actual tie to the university and just treat them like a pro team.

Now , let's focus on the real situation this week: Muschamp is going to embarrass the nation this Saturday.

Ahhh one of my favorite Michigan week traditions, marking all the Ms off on campus.

BZ7al69CAAAOx3z.jpg

Lonestar

If that happens, we'd better hire a Nick Saban clone.

Most don't seem to work, especially the clone you want fired. I assume, it's because no one has the lack of personality or will to become the all work no play robot that is Nick Saban. I'd say Muschamp's the closest, but does not have the will to act. It's probably why I'm a little skeptical about Kirby Smart as a HC.

Jimbo's about the only one to work, because he's not really a clone. He was the OC for Saban, so he was not in the shadow of Saban. Now, he's got similar recruiting angles, and likes to poach ex-Saban/Alabama coaches for his staff (somehow, Pruitt hasn't screwed up, but then again, came into a job with a full cupboard and a creampuff schedule), but it's his offense that's been the most impressive part of FSU.

Saban tends to hire some damn good OC's. Jimbo, McElwain, and Nussmeyer have been great (McElwain's gotten Colorado State to 6 wins!) Better than his Michigan State OC's, and of course the Ginger in 2007 (how's he turned out, Texans?)

Lonestar

Oh snap, sounds like Jerry Glanville wants back in on coaching. Applied for eastern michigan job!

Bedlam confirmed for an 11 AM kickoff on ABC.

Well that sucks.

Great! Assuming Texas @ Baylor is not an 11am game, both teams will know whether or not they are playing for a Big12 championship.

edit: yep, we play Baylor @ 2:30

And David Ash is done for the year. Probably career too but thats not confirmed. Dude still isn't allowed to go outside without sunglasses.

AntoneM

This is a good example of why the human voters are important. The polls are punishing you for the fact that you should have lost the game to Wisconsin. The computers are not able to factor an official apology from the PAC-12 into their formulas.

You're right that computers can't factor in blown calls and there was more than one in that game.

Should have lost?

ASU first downs 31 - Wisconsin 15
ASU total yards 448 - Wisconsin 441
ASU turnovers 2 - Wisconsin 1

We outplayed Wisconsin and won.

Jamesways

You're right that computers can't factor in blown calls and there was more than one in that game.

Should have lost?

ASU first downs 31 - Wisconsin 15
ASU total yards 448 - Wisconsin 441
ASU turnovers 2 - Wisconsin 1

We outplayed Wisconsin and won.

Outplayed Wisc, but the kicker was never given the chance to kick for the win.

You can take Grantham as your defensive coordinator. We'll just switch.

You, sir, have crossed the line. Eat poop.

Most don't seem to work, especially the clone you want fired. I assume, it's because no one has the lack of personality or will to become the all work no play robot that is Nick Saban. I'd say Muschamp's the closest, but does not have the will to act. It's probably why I'm a little skeptical about Kirby Smart as a HC.

Jimbo's about the only one to work, because he's not really a clone. He was the OC for Saban, so he was not in the shadow of Saban. Now, he's got similar recruiting angles, and likes to poach ex-Saban/Alabama coaches for his staff (somehow, Pruitt hasn't screwed up, but then again, came into a job with a full cupboard and a creampuff schedule), but it's his offense that's been the most impressive part of FSU.

Saban tends to hire some damn good OC's. Jimbo, McElwain, and Nussmeyer have been great (McElwain's gotten Colorado State to 6 wins!) Better than his Michigan State OC's, and of course the Ginger in 2007 (how's he turned out, Texans?)

Yeah, clone, not disciple. Muschamp is exceedingly bad at choosing OCs. And his offensive philosophy, is not good. It's like Zook's. Get ahead by one or more points and spend the rest of the game trying to hold that lead.

But Muschamp's recruiting philosophy hasn't worked out either. We whiff on high profile players and end up without signing a full class and without addressing any needs. No bueno.

And I just read that Foley coveted Schiano in 2009. So, I guess I'm somewhat glad Urban un-quit.

andycapps

You, sir, have crossed the line. Eat poop.

I'm just ready for him to leave and you're wanting Muschamp gone so I just figured we could switch. Grantham isn't actually a bad coordinator, but I do think he's bad at that role in college. Needs more time to work with players for his system. He also needs a prototypical nose guard that we haven't had this season until probably this week when Chris Mayes took that on, and Garrison Smith moved back to his natural defensive end position (and got 7 tackles, 2 sacks, etc). Will be curious if Grantham survives the offseason and what that means for our defensive scheme going forward with the players we have.

Schmitty

Wait. Which program? How long is the series? Is it permanent?

Pitt's football program. They have slowly become a basketball school after tearing down their football stadium. I think PSU has them scheduled for 4 games now but the AD is talking about keeping it permanent

I'm just ready for him to leave and you're wanting Muschamp gone so I just figured we could switch. Grantham isn't actually a bad coordinator, but I do think he's bad at that role in college. Needs more time to work with players for his system. He also needs a prototypical nose guard that we haven't had this season until probably this week when Chris Mayes took that on, and Garrison Smith moved back to his natural defensive end position (and got 7 tackles, 2 sacks, etc). Will be curious if Grantham survives the offseason and what that means for our defensive scheme going forward with the players we have.

Ah, so you think he'll do well with our deep defensive talent and stellar line.

I'm on to you.

cdyhybrid

True. I didn't realize how little defense was played in the Pac-12 this weekend: 16-42, 37-49, 13-63, 38-33, 47-29, and 69-27

In our defense (no pun intended), the score was 48-0 going into the 4th quarter before we emptied the bench :p

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

It's more bad teams being bad overall than specifically bad defense! Lots of one-sided blowouts this weekend.

KingGondo

Banned
Great! Assuming Texas @ Baylor is not an 11am game, both teams will know whether or not they are playing for a Big12 championship.

edit: yep, we play Baylor @ 2:30

And David Ash is done for the year. Probably career too but thats not confirmed. Dude still isn't allowed to go outside without sunglasses.
Sucks about Ash. Didn't Mack get some criticism for supposedly rushing him back?

I'm not too worried about the OU game if I look at it rationally, but it's Bedlam. We're 1-9 in the last 10 years.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Sucks about Ash. Didn't Mack get some criticism for supposedly rushing him back?

I'm not too worried about the OU game if I look at it rationally, but it's Bedlam. We're 1-9 in the last 10 years.

Can't help you this time. My magic powers were exhausted ringing the "OSU will beat Baylor" bell for a month.

KingGondo

Banned
Can't help you this time. My magic powers were exhausted ringing the "OSU will beat Baylor" bell for a month.
And I appreciate that.

I don't think we'll need a ton of magic against OU.

Our defense is legit, our offense has figured it out, and we're playing at home. I honestly think it would be a pretty sizable upset for OU to win.

But I'm still nervous, just because it's OU.

Karakand

The era of Pac-3254348230 South domination is over. :( Wish Brett Hundley didn't make Rex Grossman look like Peyton Manning, his pick 6 was literally the difference between victory and defeat.

lol @ Oregon, you aren't even fraudulent Trogans anymore... getting blown out in Tuscon while being overrated is UCLA stylee.

Top Bottom