• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 13| _ E ... _ A N _ ... _ A _ A

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Well that was fast:

9rMpQKl.jpg

andycapps

Can't believe what happened to Murray today. Hope it doesn't hurt his draft chances.

And whoever said Georgia fans don't like him. This one does. He's a damn good dawg. Kid has been clutch as hell this year, unfortunately our defense hasn't been. Thankfully Mason seems really capable.

Cousteau

The stage is set for an upset next week in Ann Arbor.

The stats say no.
It makes no sense at all.

If everything is pointing one way...

mre

projected top 6 BCS:
Alabama
FSU
OSUn
Auburn
Clemson
Mizzou

if, if...Auburn beats Alabama, USCe beats Clemson, Mizzou beats A&M, Auburn beats #4 Mizzou (by that point, I'd assume it's FSU, OSU, Auburn, Mizzou), then....I say Auburn would go ahead of OSUn. 2 top 5 BCS wins in the last 2 weeks....

Alabama wins by 15 next week
I'm going to need you to breakdown what it's going to take to get Notre Dame back to the natty game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm going to need you to breakdown what it's going to take to get Notre Dame back to the natty game.

I'd like to say: "The Yellowstone SuperVolcano erupts", but it's ND. They wouldn't need that much Divine intervention...

Can't believe what happened to Murray today. Hope it doesn't hurt his draft chances.

And whoever said Georgia fans don't like him. This one does. He's a damn good dawg. Kid has been clutch as hell this year, unfortunately our defense hasn't been. Thankfully Mason seems really capable.

had heard he was injured, but that's it. What did he injure and how did it happen?

mre

Speaking of Notre Dame, I wonder if there's a reporter out there with the balls to at least ask Kelly whether he approves of the way FSU has handled the Winston rape allegations.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Speaking of Notre Dame, I wonder if there's a reporter out there with the balls to at least ask Kelly whether he approves of the way FSU has handled the Winston rape allegations.

Not sure I get it. Did he freak out about the media circus around T'eo?

Not sure I get it. Did he freak out about the media circus around T'eo?
Something about a girl at another nearby college accusing an ND football player of rape, ND police do jack shit, girl ends up killing herself. I believe that's the story. I am very sleep deprived at the moment.

andycapps

I'd like to say: "The Yellowstone SuperVolcano erupts", but it's ND. They wouldn't need that much Divine intervention...

had heard he was injured, but that's it. What did he injure and how did it happen?

Not sure what he injured. They rushed him to the hospital before halftime for an MRI. Will hear by tomorrow. Obviously the hope is that it's a sprain. He got injured on a 29 yard run, Bobo tried to send in the backup and Murray told him to go back. Wouldn't come out. Later Bobo tried to get him to stay out again but he wouldn't listen. Went out there and eventually got sacked again and had to be helped off the field. Couldn't put any weight on his leg.

Hope it's a sprain and not an ACL. Sprain and he should be okay for bowl game and draft chances intact.

Kacar

Went to the Vandy-UT game today. After the overturned 4th down call alot of people started throwing shit on the field. And what looked like a full water bottle thrown by the guy next to me definitely hit a vol cheerleader in the face. Was pretty funny at the time.

KingGondo

Banned
What's going on at BaylorFans.com?

I would much rather see Baylor play LSU in the Cotton Bowl than Baylor against Fresno State. Screw the Fiesta... boring bowl game.
Meh, they didn't want to win the Big 12 anyways!

Is Mike Gundy the Devil?
Weird stuff happens when we play him on his home turf. I have not personally seen him and the devil at the same time together....hmmmm....
Oh, Baptists.

Ahead 42-10 with 3 min left and.....
still throwing deep against us?

Gundy being his usual scumbag self
Say the fans of a team that goes for 70 against Wofford and Buffalo.

Baylorfans.com in picture form:

22oswego.large2.jpg

I wish UCF played Cinci this year. Pretty lame that the AAC doesn't play a true round robin.
With teams choosing to violate their exit contracts and leave early, there was no choice. Every team would have had to cancel an OOC game extremely late in the process which would have docked over a lot of teams.

So blame the departing members for that.

desh

With teams choosing to violate their exit contracts and leave early, there was no choice. Every team would have had to cancel an OOC game extremely late in the process which would have docked over a lot of teams.

So blame the departing members for that.
The Big 12 managed to do it.

jjasper

Went to the Vandy-UT game today. After the overturned 4th down call alot of people started throwing shit on the field. And what looked like a full water bottle thrown by the guy next to me definitely hit a vol cheerleader in the face. Was pretty funny at the time.

You can only lose so many times like that without it eventually breaking you. I think last night was that breaking point.

desh

Do what? This season, it would have been too late. Can't have every team drop an OOC game like that.

And next year, there are 11 teams. So that means there will be two teams not played.
The big 12 transitioned from a 12 league, 8 game conference schedule to a 10 team, 9 game conference schedule with one year's notice. The Big East/American knew Pitt and Syracuse were leaving with almost 2 years notice.

lol the Big East had no clue who would be in or out of the league with massive amount of flux going on.

I also didn't want to see UCF cancel OOC games 6-8 months out. Oh well. Cinci should not have lost to USF. If UCF wins the next two, they would clearly deserve the bid over Cinci.

Enfinit

Projected BCS standings:
1. Bama
2. FSU
3. Ohio State
4. Auburn
5. Clemson

Bama loses to Auburn, Mizzou loses to A&M, Clemson beats SC, Ohio State loses to Michigan. Projected BCS standings would then be (most likely) 1. FSU, 2. Auburn, 3. Clemson, 4. Bama.

Auburn loses to SC in the SEC Championship game.

CLEMSON vs. FSU CHAMPIONSHIP.

B E L I E V E

I probably did some sort of incorrect calculation, but the fact that it could happen is awesome.

Here we are, Sunday morning, and Muschamp is still employe. I'm just a little pissed. More sleep will solve this.

According to ESPN super analyst and college football stud (and former Gata) Jesse Palmer, the only way Muschamp can save his job is if he stays competitive with FSU. Not necessarily win, just stay competitive. If FSU blows out UF, Muschamp's going to be in some seriously deep shit.

mre

FSU is fucked. Did you not see UF's pass defense yesterday? They didn't give up a single passing yard!

andycapps

Feel bad for Murray. They really need to change up the targeting rules this offseason that encourage everyone to go for the knees. So many ACL injuries around the country this year.

tokkun

ESPN said:
It's tradition in the Paul Bunyan's Axe series for the winning team to grab the axe and hunt down both goal posts for some pretend chopping.

That tradition hit a slight snag on Saturday night. After No. 19 Wisconsin downed No. 25 Minnesota 20-7, the Badgers rushed to the west end zone at TCF Bank Stadium and attacked one of the goal posts. When they carried the axe to the opposite end zone, however, they found the Gophers' players and coaches blocking their path.

Some heated words were exchanged. There was some shoving. Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen said a security officer pointed a finger in his face and told his team to leave. The Badgers never got to that goal post.

"It's happened for as long as I've been alive, going to both goal posts," Wisconsin senior linebacker Chris Borland said. "They kind of crashed our party."

Minnesota mad.

AP Poll

Edit: Correction: Louisville is #21, not UL-Lafayette as the original copy/paste from AP's website had.

Code:
1	Alabama (56)	11-0	1,496	1
2	FSU (4)	        11-0	1,444	2
3	Ohio State	11-0	1,375	4
4	Auburn	        10-1	1,294	6
5	Missouri	10-1	1,202	8
6	Clemson	        10-1	1,196	7
7	Oklahoma State	10-1	1,177	11
8	Stanford	9-2	1,002	10
9	Baylor	        9-1	976	3
10	South Carolina	9-2	960	12
11	Michigan State	10-1	929	13