• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 3| Kiffen/Brown Farewell Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole Miss must've gone into the locker room and remembered that the Longhorns' run D is shit. Run run run run run, TD.

And Ole Miss has the lead, because Mack went so conservative and settled for all those FGs...

I'm in disbelief that Purdue was able to fix all the critical fundamental problems they were having in the first two games.

@smartfootball Darrell Hazell has brought Tresselball to Purdue: field position, ugly but opportunistic offense, solid D… and it's actually kind of working

Lkr

so...let me get this straight. there is actually an interesting matchup featuring Texas and Ole Miss and they put it on Longhorn Network? No one else had any interest in broadcasting this? If Texas had won last week would it still not be a televised game?

cashman

Banned
so...let me get this straight. there is actually an interesting matchup featuring Texas and Ole Miss and they put it on Longhorn Network? No one else had any interest in broadcasting this? If Texas had won last week would it still not be a televised game?

This was going to be on LHN no matter what.

Texas and ESPN's screwy contract says they can/have to put some of their home non-conference games (which they control the rights to) on the LHN.

Chris R

Wow at that Ole Miss return... If Texas loses this and next week any chance they fire Mack early instead of waiting for the end of the season?

That was a Greg Davis esque series. 1st down:Run up the gut for 1 yard, 2nd down: run up the gut for 1 yard, 3rd down: herp derp tries to throw to a guy 5 yards short of the first down. 4th down: punt.

I guess Applewhite could have thrown in a bubble screen for good measure. Guess he's waiting for the next series

Velcro Fly

That's game time.

I mean unless they run back a kick for a TD or something. No faith that they sustain a drive now that ND is going to be coming for Rob Henry. He's just a shit pocket passer who is even worse with any sort of pressure. With a half decent QB they could be so much better, even with no real threats at WR.

Velcro Fly

Well when you stare down your receiver all night long that's going to happen.

Rob Henry is fucking horrendous please put someone else in by year's end if you plan to stick with the dink and dunk John Shoop shitshow offense.

george_us

Man Ohio State's defense is still fucking horrendous. Awful tackling, awful angles, secondary is still complete ass.

Thank God Cal's defense is worse and our offense is god tier.

I watched most of the Cal - Ohio State game on a plane back from NY.
aDUAkWM.jpg
Tough falling into that big of a hole early, and Cal looked outmatched for most of the game. I'm not sure how many games Cal can win this season without a functional running game and a bad defense. Still, it was good to see the team fight back into the game, even in a losing effort.

Do you expect a bowl?
With a new coach and their rough schedule this season, I don't many Cal fans expected a bowl. Honestly, getting 4-5 wins would be surprising.

C4Lukins

Well with Texas and TCU already fucked, I can now only take pleasure in other teams I dislike losing. The positive outcome could be Brown finally being sent out to pasture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom