• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 9| Low-class football

Kawl_USC

There is something to be said about listening to games on the radio. Me and about 40 friends went camping out on a buddies farm last night and we were huddling in the car listening to the game.

Figured it was over on 4th and goal for 15 in the first overtime. And holy shit the call of the kicker missing that field goal. We all went nuts and proceeded to get appropriately drunk.

Piano

Banned
Polls are out.

If I'm reading this correctly, there's a coach out there who thinks FSU should be #12?
But Clemson got no votes worse than #10?
...and Baylor at #22? Who the fuck are these people?

AP Poll

Code:
1	Alabama (55)	8-0	1,495	1
2	Oregon (3)	8-0	1,432	2
3	FSU (2)	        7-0	1,390	3
4	Ohio State	8-0	1,317	4
5	Baylor	        7-0	1,223	6
6	Stanford	7-1	1,189	8
7	Miami (FL)	7-0	1,149	7
8	Auburn	        7-1	1,022	11
9	Clemson	        7-1	1,007	9
10	Missouri	7-1	873	5
11	LSU	        7-2	818	13
12	Texas A&M	6-2	811	14
13	Oklahoma	7-1	791	17
14	South Carolina	6-2	701	20
15	Texas Tech	7-1	579	10
16	Fresno State	7-0	510	15
17	UCLA	        5-2	489	12
18	Oklahoma State	6-1	483	19
19	UCF	        6-1	464	21
20	Louisville	7-1	417	18
21	N Illinois	8-0	290	23
22	Wisconsin	5-2	262	22
23	Michigan	6-1	199	24
24	Michigan State	7-1	166	29
25	Arizona State	5-2	133	26

Westonian

AP
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. Ohio State
5. Baylor
6. Stanford
7. Miami (Fla.)
8. Auburn
9. Clemson
10. Missouri
11. LSU
12. Texas A&M
13. Oklahoma
14. South Carolina
15. Texas Tech
16. Fresno State
17. UCLA
18. Oklahoma State
19. UCF
20. Louisville
21. Northern Illinois
22. Wisconsin
23. Michigan
24. Michigan State
25. Arizona State

Others Receiving Votes: Notre Dame (6-2) 132; Georgia (4-3) 24; Texas (5-2) 22; Brigham Young (6-2) 22; Ole Miss (5-3) 21; Virginia Tech (6-2) 20; Oregon State (6-2) 17; Florida (4-3) 14; Washington (5-3) 6; Minnesota (6-2) 4; Ball State (8-1) 4; Duke (6-2) 2; Arizona (5-2) 2

Polls are out.

If I'm reading this correctly, there's a coach out there who thinks FSU should be #12?

I thought the coaches vote was public? I can't believe someone would have FSU at 12... I can see Baylor not getting love. They haven't played anybody.

Balphon

Polls are out.

The SID who put Notre Dame at #11 is trolling even harder.

It'd be even more hilarious if it were the same guy.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking at it, it seems that that column actually just lists the team's highest and lowest positions on the Coach's Poll this season or something to that effect. So I suppose we're too quick to judge those SIDs.

We're really not.

The SID who put Notre Dame at #11 is trolling even harder.

Notre Dame is quietly having a nice season. Not saying #11 isn't laughable, but Oklahoma back up to #13 here, the only thing between the Irish and a solid top 20 ranking seems to be the idea that Michigan is terrible. They should be 9-2 heading into Stanford.

Notre Dame is quietly having a nice season. Not saying #11 isn't laughable, but Oklahoma back up to #13 here, the only thing between the Irish and a solid top 20 ranking seems to be the idea that Michigan is terrible. They should be 9-2 heading into Stanford.

Is Arizona State better than Notre Dame? Is Michigan State? Rankings continually blow my mind. I really can't wait for playoffs, but it won't matter because it will then just be a scramble in the polls for ranks 4-6. To see who actually gets in.

Notre Dame is bad. A healthy USC team beats them by 2 scores. Sadly their remaining schedule is so weak they won't get exposed until bowl season.

Balphon

I'm a little concerned Baylor may jump us (Stanford)

They likely will if they keep winning, but their schedule is extremely backloaded. They may be 7-0, but their best win is over a pretty bad Kansas State team, and then only by 10 points.

Utah isn't doing you any favors either.

Jhriad

Got to watch the Minnesota game on DVR. Less than amusing. At least we'll see a staff shake-up by the end of the season.

Limedust

Polls are out.

That appears to the be high/low for the season. As in, FSU was ranked as low as 12 (start of the season) and as high as 3 (where they sit now).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently we're favored by 2.5 in Lubbock next week.

Not so sure about that line, Vegas.

The only thing that has made me think that OU would be a harder game than OSU is that OU was on the road and OSU is at home. I'm not totally convinced that OSU isn't the better team.

Notre Dame is bad. A healthy USC team beats them by 2 scores. Sadly their remaining schedule is so weak they won't get exposed until bowl season.

Sure. I'm just saying for a team that everyone left for dead they're playing well. If they can win out or even finish 9-3 I'd call it a success.

As for them getting "exposed" in a bowl, I dunno. Depends who they play. I think they could hang with plenty of ranked teams.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Cyrus K has gotten really good at this:

CyKoSlAp2_zps3674af72.gif

I can't believe it's not some sort of penalty. Edit: assuming he's hitting him on the head.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Looks to me like he's not even trying for a straight block there. Looks like he's just taking advantage of the defensive player's momentum and pushing him into the ground.

And it looks like he's hitting the shoulder and not the head to me.

Kevtones

Oregon with a 2 point gain in the Coaches poll over FSU. We'll see how it is with the Harris but with Missouri's loss/Oregon's solid computer victory I think they jump to #2 easy.

So I wasn't able to watch the game last night. Had to go to a party, and the Mike Tyson documentary wasn't that interesting.

How did the horns look?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Cyrus K has gotten really good at this:

CyKoSlAp2_zps3674af72.gif

I can't believe it's not some sort of penalty. Edit: assuming he's hitting him on the head.

Yeah, thought I saw him do this again. Rewatched the game this morning, and confirmed my suspisions.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
because according to physics that's the only way it's possible.
It looked more like this to me:
Looks to me like he's not even trying for a straight block there. Looks like he's just taking advantage of the defensive player's momentum and pushing him into the ground.
Maybe that's what buck meant, but his post read as if he was saying this was a "saving" move after getting beat, which isn't at all what looks like happened to me.

KingGondo

Banned
The only thing that has made me think that OU would be a harder game than OSU is that OU was on the road and OSU is at home. I'm not totally convinced that OSU isn't the better team.
I do think we're better, but we're not nearly good enough to feel confident going into a place like Lubbock at night.

We'll have to play our best game of the season to win.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I do think we're better, but we're not nearly good enough to feel confident going into a place like Lubbock at night.

Better bring your best against Texas.

We're back bitches!

Next year, with Nick Saban

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Here's our problem on defense: safety JJ Gaines is out, OLB Terrence Bullitt is out, and they both have the same guy backing them up in Austin Stewart. Stewart has moved to Safety, ILB Micah Awe has moved to OLB, and we're starting to see a lot of moving around on defense. We've got a lot of strength on the defensive front 7 but we're starting to get selectively shallow at some positions.

Love that it's a night home game, though. Definitely works in our favor. I'm expecting some good uniforms and Kingsbury has ignited our fanbase to a spectacular degree so The Jones should be rockin'.

Top Bottom