• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week 3 - Alabama still has more wins in Jerry World than Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
USC has barred Osa Masina and Don Hill from any further participation in football activities and they've barred Masina from school entirely pending a further Title IX investigation.

Week 3 Pick 'em

Link to last week's results: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216599607&postcount=1928

Week 3 Pick 'em link: https://goo.gl/forms/EkNveDB1hpiTbJj62

Here are the games

FSU @ Louisville
Virginia @ UConn
Oregon @ Nebraska
Alabama @ Ole Miss
USF @ Syracuse
BC @ VT
Eastern Michigan @ Charlotte
Texas A&M @ Auburn
Mich St @ Notre Dame
tOSU @ OU
USC @ Stanford
Texas @ Cal

I also got rid of the game times in the Google link. Hopefully no one is too upset at their disappearance.

Just a heads up, Michigan State isn't 2 - 0.

cdyhybrid

Mike Leach went on a rant about how his team isn't tough enough and blames "participation trophies" and "kumbaya crap" of the current generation of players for it. Of course, this fails to explain how both Eastern and Boise managed to have tougher players than Wazzu despite having players from the same generation/society, nevermind places like Stanford, Alabama, etc.

The only constant these five years at Wazzu has been Leach. The dude is a fucking clown and will never succeed because he is apparently incapable of recognizing his own faults and fixing them. All these supposedly Charmin-soft Wazzu players were recruited and coached up by Leach and his staff.

I hope he stays at Wazzu forever.

It was configured to be extra confusing to you australians, now that there's two of you.

I believe its what conference do you rep......I think

Well I googled for a clue
"Bowlsby" is the name of the Big 12 commissioner and so I think the answer is 10 = 14. 10 current members and he should expand to 14 and make two divisions of 7

Karl2177

I don't get the bonus question....
12=10 is Big 12, because there are only 10 teams. 10=14 is Big 10, because there are 14 teams. 12=12 is Pac 12 because they changed their name to reflect how many teams they had. SEC*3 is SECSECSEC. ACC+i*ND is because Notre Dame is in the conference for an indeterminate number of sports.

I wish there was an option for zero for the Bowlsby question..
It should be optional, so if you don't click on an answer it shouldn't force you to finish. That being said, the old Google forms ignored the optional questions and made you complete them. If that's the case, I'll throw a 0 in there.

jfkgoblue

Sigh, I hate having to add another person to the list, but here goes.

Fuck you, Dabo Sweeney.
What? Someone asked his opinion, so he gave it, he didn't disparage Kap or anything, just said he disagreed with it. I don't understand the desire to insult people just because they don't agree with you.

Squalor

What? Someone asked his opinion, so he gave it, he didn't disparage Kap or anything, just said he disagreed with it. I don't understand the desire to insult people just because they don't agree with you.
He said what Kaepernick is doing is "wrong," and that "Two wrongs don't make a right."

He's equating racial injustice to kneeling during a song.

Then he referenced a bunch of biblical bullshit about having a better world. The world in The Bible wasn't a good world. There were slavery and racism and sexism. The same shit that exists today.

Did he condemn any of those actions? No. he just spouted a bunch of vapid nonsense.

He's a fucking idiot. He has the right to his idiotic opinions. But that doesn't mean he's not a fucking idiot for his idiotic beliefs.

He said what Kaepernick is doing is "wrong," and that "Two wrongs don't make a right."

He's equating racial injustice to kneeling during a song.

Then he referenced a bunch of biblical bullshit about having a better world. The world in The Bible wasn't a good world. There were slavery and racism and sexism. The same shit that exists today.

Did he condemn any of those actions? No. he just spouted a bunch of vapid nonsense.

He's a fucking idiot. He has the right to his idiotic opinions. But that doesn't mean he's not a fucking idiot for his idiotic beliefs.

The thing that he thought was wrong was using the team as a platform, which he believes is a distraction. I'm not sure you'll find many coaches who don't think the same thing.

As for the Bible thing. Well, it's the south. People reference the Bible a lot, for better or worse.

tebunker

Banned
Hoping Oklahoma beats Ohio State and Louisville beats FSU for chaos.

I feel like since those teams are at home I am giving them more credit.

Ohio State going to Okie is a big game. They will have a lot of fans there too, but it is still in Norman and Okie is still talented. Its gonna be a good game. Its tOSU's first actual game against a breathing opposition.

Louisville is just going to be a 90 point plus game. I honestly could see it end up 56 - 49 or somethig higher. I am not sure Louisville has as much advantage being at home, but it helps.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's too early for anything to cause chaos.

FSU is destined to lose at least two games so they are unlikely playoff contenders anyway.

Ohio State is the devil so anytime they lose chaos isn't the result, just happiness and justice.

LosDaddie

Banned
Podcast-Dudes,

Enjoyed the last 2 episodes. Keep up the good work. Also, you guys should consider having guests on there, if the coordination isn't already a nightmare.

Week 3 Pick 'em

Link to last week's results: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216599607&postcount=1928

Week 3 Pick 'em link: https://goo.gl/forms/EkNveDB1hpiTbJj62

Here are the games

FSU @ Louisville
Virginia @ UConn
Oregon @ Nebraska
Alabama @ Ole Miss
USF @ Syracuse
BC @ VT
Eastern Michigan @ Charlotte
Texas A&M @ Auburn
Mich St @ Notre Dame
tOSU @ OU
USC @ Stanford
Texas @ Cal

I also got rid of the game times in the Google link. Hopefully no one is too upset at their disappearance.

Too late to join?

Hoping Oklahoma beats Ohio State and Louisville beats FSU for chaos.

You are a bad person, and you should feel bad.

Kusagari

The thing that he thought was wrong was using the team as a platform, which he believes is a distraction. I'm not sure you'll find many coaches who don't think the same thing.

As for the Bible thing. Well, it's the south. People reference the Bible a lot, for better or worse.

He literally tells people to leave the country after preaching tolerance for 10 minutes.

Squalor

I'm not defending him. I was clarifying your previous statement.

For what it's worth, I don't agree with his sentiments.
You are talking to multiple people. You have made this mistake previously.

Anyway, who is Davon Swinney to say Kaepernick is a distraction? His team won. Swinney isn't in that locker room.

Swinney needs to focus on his own (shitty) team.

And you're wrong. If he agreed with Kaepernick's protest, there would be no need to qualify it, which he's doing.

"There's a right way to do thing. I don't disagree with his protest. But it's not the right way to do things."

That is what he's saying. And he's wrong.

clav

Ohio State is the devil so anytime they lose chaos isn't the result, just happiness and justice.
Worst fans are those bandwagon fans who have no affiliation with the school and post on social media about them winning. Stay silent when they lose because posts won't get likes.

"I don't wanna hear about it."

Deflect conversation / responsibility when stuff goes bad.

andycapps

FSU is destined to lose at least two games so they are unlikely playoff contenders anyway.

Well said.

Jim Harbaugh booger gate
Nate Ulrich
Nate Ulrich – ‏@NateUlrichABJ
#Ravens HC John Harbaugh: "My brother has never eaten a booger."

Nate Ulrich
Nate Ulrich – ‏@NateUlrichABJ
#Ravens HC John Harbaugh also confirms he has never eaten a booger.
9:57 AM - 14 Sep 2016

impirius

Charlotte just lost the ACC championship game. You know what this means!

nHUEAdL.jpg

Jerm411

The pick'ems are legit tough this week....could be really bad or really good for me haha, flipped back and forth on a few different ones.

Charlotte just lost the ACC championship game. You know what this means!

nHUEAdL.jpg

I realize it would've been impossible, logistically, but I wish they would've waited until after the election to make the move. Pretty sure mccrory is out and the bill will get repealed.

Super unfortunate for Charlotte, as the whole reason this bill came about is because the city was actually trying to be progressive.

Dabo Sweeny is a piece of shit he used the same old tired bs act that people want to use when they try to shut down racial issues black people have including brining up MLK. He basically without saying the actually words said black people have it good enough already.

Kingbrave

Gigapixel of the Bristol game

From near the field, all seats are far away.

a2Tlo8F.jpg

50 yard line, front row, start of game. Excitement

There's 3 "Imagining a game because of no pictures"
There's a guy resigned to his fate of spending the money to get front row tickets to an event he can't see.
Multiple people trying to find the right direction of where the game is being held.
A couple of people just watching the big screens overhead.
1 Guy in Tennessee overalls, cause thats what they do.

I'm in that picture!

No I'm not.

I agree with your prediction except I think Iowa wins this week and beats PSU.

Also Iowa brings that mantra upon themselves by scheduling no-names in the pre-conference schedule (even if they're secretly decent teams).
I preferred Fry's OoC scheduling philosophy of 1 cupcake, 1 roughly equal team, and 1 tough team, but I can see the job security in 2 cupcakes and ISU (which oughta be a cupcake damnit.) Doesn't help when we have to play ISU every year and Ferentz is only ~.500 against them.

andycapps

I preferred Fry's OoC scheduling philosophy of 1 cupcake, 1 roughly equal team, and 1 tough team, but I can see the job security in 2 cupcakes and ISU (which oughta be a cupcake damnit.) Doesn't help when we have to play ISU every year and Ferentz is only ~.500 against them.
Amazing that I've seen a lot of Iowa fans talk about how much it sucks playing Iowa State while their coach is only .500. Yet he just got a huge extension.

andycapps

Who wants to be a guest on the podcast this week in lieu of Lonestar calling in sick? Need a USB mic and Google Hangouts.

We start in an hour.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If I had a working mic I'd offer fill in for Lonestar as the podcast's Bama fan for this week. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Amazing that I've seen a lot of Iowa fans talk about how much it sucks playing Iowa State while their coach is only .500. Yet he just got a huge extension.
It sucks playing them because they look and play like they arrived to the game in a single Mini Cooper, they have a .365 record since Fry started at Iowa, and we were spoiled by a 15 year win streak. They're a bottom tier team whose level we manage to play down to year after year. We're their bowl game while they're our "nothing to gain, everything to lose" game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I realize it would've been impossible, logistically, but I wish they would've waited until after the election to make the move. Pretty sure mccrory is out and the bill will get repealed.

Super unfortunate for Charlotte, as the whole reason this bill came about is because the city was actually trying to be progressive.

It needs to be noted, that the areas most affected by these pullouts are the ones that would have never voted for fucking HB2 in the first place. What an embarrassing piece of legislation. I know GAF has some very impassioned defenders when it comes to the issue of gender identification and I agree its important but what really pisses me off about the whole thing is they fear mongered an issue that a lot of people do not understand to pass a bill that was loaded with terrible shit that has nothing to do with bathrooms. Years from now, they will wonder how the stupid idiots in NC approved a bill that was clearly authored by a cartoon villain. They should call this shit the Cobra Commander bill.

I just read the Dabo comments.. yeah.. No.

It should be optional, so if you don't click on an answer it shouldn't force you to finish. That being said, the old Google forms ignored the optional questions and made you complete them. If that's the case, I'll throw a 0 in there.
It's okay, I don't care enough to reset it. Part of me just wants the BIG XII to pull an Archduke Franz Ferdinand and just move things along.

The pick'ems are legit tough this week....could be really bad or really good for me haha, flipped back and forth on a few different ones.
The toughest one was FSU v Louisville for me.

This weeks game poster

201603-game-poster.jpg.pagespeed.ce.CvCI-0aBEV.jpg
Not bad.

Words hurt.. After all.. We aren't the Gatas at the very least.

Who wants to be a guest on the podcast this week in lieu of Lonestar calling in sick? Need a USB mic and Google Hangouts.

We start in an hour.

I would have done it, but had to finish Stranger Things with the wife. Let me know if you ever need a real schematic advantage (Charlie Weis survivor here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom