• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week 3 - Alabama still has more wins in Jerry World than Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to Bob stoops post game in the car on the way home.

He came off as a big douche, never have Ohio state credit and was throwing players under the bus. All his statements were started with "he" or "they" never said anything us or we. Did not come off as a good look at all

Top 4
Bama
Ohio State
Michigan
Houston

Clemson and Louisville at 5 & 6 respectively

And we have to go to Iowa and MSU and Kinnick is cursed for us

The B1G is gonna be rough
yup.. Good luck :)

I wouldn't be shocked if you drop one of those.

I guess it's dumb to discount Michigan State as well. But the Big 1G seems to be the power conference this year
That bolded is.. Kind of terrifying tbh..

I said three games I could see us losing and I still stand by those

Oklahoma was one, Wisky, and Michigan.. We could lose to Sparty, but that requires the Sparty that was on the field tonight to show up and not the one I thought would show up against Furman. It's a revenge game and Urban is not going to allow the team to be fuckups and drop one to Sparty.

Top 4

Oklahoma was one, Wisky, and Michigan.. We could lose to Sparty, but that requires the Sparty that was on the field tonight to show up and not the one I thought would show up against Furman. It's a revenge game and Urban is not going to allow the team to be fuckups and drop one to Sparty.

I thought that last year when you were facing them with a backup QB. Had to be the upset of the year. Didn't expect Sparty to be within 3 TDs in that game.

Michigan needs to get the D in shape among other things to be competitive in the game. Long way to go.

KodaRuss

Now? Texas has sucked for a decade

Yes... They had blown out CSU and their FCS opponent and headed into Ann Arbor with a lot of confidence, this is a new year for them

Just cause they gave yall a run for your money today doesn't make them world beaters. Notre Dame is a better team, Colorado has beaten CSU three out of the last four years. Beating CSU means very little.

jfkgoblue

Top 4
Bama
Ohio State
Michigan
Houston

Clemson and Louisville at 5 & 6 respectively

yup.. Good luck :)

I wouldn't be shocked if you drop one of those.

That bolded is.. Kind of terrifying tbh..

Houston drops, OU win is looking worse every week and Houston themselves nearly lost to Cincy
A decade ago Texas was coming off a national championship
And they have sucked every year since that MNC
Just cause they gave yall a run for your money today doesn't make them world beaters. Notre Dame is a better team, Colorado has beaten CSU three out of the last four years. Beating CSU means very little.
CU didn't really challenge Michigan after the first quarter, we spotted them 14 points and still won by 3 scores, but I have no way to prove that CU is better than ND, but we shall see.

giphy.gif

I thought that last year when you were facing them with a backup QB. Had to be the upset of the year. Didn't expect Sparty to be within 3 TDs in that game.

Michigan needs to get the D in shape among other things to be competitive in the game. Long way to go.
I thought Sparty was going to win that game.. I was not confident at all considering how shit we look the entire season.

But.. This is a young hungry team that wants to destroy teams right now as we can see. And I don't think that attitude is going away anytime soon.

Houston drops, OU win is looking worse every week and Houston themselves nearly lost to Cincy

And they have sucked every year since that MNC

CU didn't really challenge Michigan after the first quarter, we spotted them 14 points and still won by 3 scores, but I have no way to prove that CU is better than ND, but we shall see.
They're the darlings of the country.. They aren't dropping. Who's jumping them.. Louisville.. Next week Louisville will for sure.. But Houston slides in to the 4th slot for this week I think.

jfkgoblue

We really miss Taco and Jourdan Lewis, but after that first quarter, CU had one good play on offense... They had 195 yards in the first quarter and145 for the rest of the game(70 on one play where the safety misread the play) we'll be fine. It took some time to adjust to the spread

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Off the cuff analysis of conferences by their current best 5 teams (imo):

Conference Rankings:

B1G (tOSU, Wolverines, Sparty, Huskers, Wiscy)
ACC (Louisville, Clempson, FSU, UMiami, Pitt)
SEC (Bama, A&M, Gata, Arky, Georgia)
PAC12 (Stanford, Huskies, Utah, Oregon, UCLA)
Big XII (Title IX, OkieSt, TCU, Sooner, WVU)

I still think top to bottom, SEC and B1G are 1a and 1b,but I would give the edge to B1G's top 5 right now, and even ACC'S top 5 over SEC's. PAC12 and BXII are pretty embarrassing, tbf and honest.

h1nch

It would be nice if the Texas offensive coaching staff could teach Buechele how to throw over the middle of the field. All he throws is screen passes and deep bombs. Cal defense has figured that out.

We really miss Taco and Jourdan Lewis, but after that first quarter, CU had one good play on offense... They had 195 yards in the first quarter and145 for the rest of the game, we'll be fine. It took some time to adjust to the spread

And Mone. Hopefully they destroy Pedo U next week and handle Wiscy (should be interesting). The spread has always been the achilles heel for the D. They know what needs to be done to stop it. Just need to see Brown's adjustments work out.

KodaRuss

If the Horns lose this game they will only need to look at the penalties that killed their drives in the second half.

Also, the secondary... my god they have been horrible this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom